Any one ever mention you sound like a Robot when calling from your Nexus?

eryck22

Reaction score
First...the Nexus is awesome! Thankfully I am not experiencing any of the issues others are reporting so I am very pleased. Love ICS and the phone itself, I finally retired my OG Droid, it served me well. Anyway my sister called her husband on my Nexus to check it out, he said she sounded robotic, i foo foo'ed it thinking he was jealous. So i asked my wife the other night and she confirmed that I sounded like a robot. I'm not sure if this is related to the signal strength issue or just an isolated issue. Anyone hear of this?

kaboyd

Reaction score
Sorry, neither myself or my GF have had any complaints about call quality

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

duke69111

Reaction score
First...the Nexus is awesome! Thankfully I am not experiencing any of the issues others are reporting so I am very pleased. Love ICS and the phone itself, I finally retired my OG Droid, it served me well. Anyway my sister called her husband on my Nexus to check it out, he said she sounded robotic, i foo foo'ed it thinking he was jealous. So i asked my wife the other night and she confirmed that I sounded like a robot. I'm not sure if this is related to the signal strength issue or just an isolated issue. Anyone hear of this?

I have the same problem as you describe. I would guess that 50% of my calls, the person says I sound like a robot. I can hang up and call back and get the same thing. I have to reboot my phone to get it to stop sounding like that. I don't use my phone for talk a whole lot, but no more than I use it, it's a real pain in the butt, I can't remember if its done it since I got it on launch day, but I know for sure its been at least 8 or 9 months.

I also have times where I'm talking to some one, my phone sounds like someone is cutting in with a walky talkie. I hear a noise scramble then a beep like they had let off the button. I don't get this a lot, but I do hear it every now and then. That just kind of wierd's me out.

I'm not sure what causes this, but I don't like.

I found another topic on here, and they think it may be speaker phone related. I use my speakerphone for almost all of my calls. This poster kind of made it sound like it was hardware related.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...ns/211640-voice-issues-since-4-04-update.html

Last edited: