Voice Call Problems...

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced voice call problems or has read anywhere where people have? Since Saturday I have noticed something is wrong. I live in southern Indiana and talk to a friend close to the Milwaukee area in Wisconsin. We usually put our Bluetooths on and do some video gaming and just chat that way, sometimes maybe 3hrs a night on the nights we game on.

Well as were talking after a period of time he says I get all choppy and he can't hear me anymore. I can hear him but he can't hear me. At first we thought maybe it was something to do with Bluetooth so we both have disconnected them from both lines when this happens and he says I'm still choppy. We even went as far as calling his landline while I place him on hold, he says I'm still choppy then he put me on hold and he called his house and he sounds good so we know its not on his end. At first we thought maybe it could be cause he has a Nexus S for T-Mobile and just got IcS update.

So anyways I have talked to him 4 nights since I've had the Nexus and every night there's been a issue. Usually around the 30min mark is when it messes up and I simply hang up, call him back and it works fine. Last night it acted up several times and did it as in a little as 16mins, then one night we talked for almost 2hrs and it never messed up but there was a continuous clicking n the background.

I love the Nexus but so far voice calls can't hold a candle to my old moto. Anyone have any ideas, heard anything?

Sent from Galaxy Nexy Sexy using DroidForums :)

BigFwoosh

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I figured it was my reception, but it even happens in places where I have 4 bars. Really sucks.

Leonidas

Reaction score
Me too. People tell me that I'm "breaking up." This last happened when I was sitting in my house which is less than a mile from the cell tower. Never happened before with any other Verizon phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's the blue tooth software, I've seen multiple people have mentioned it so I imagine it'll be on the OTA release.

Doesn't happen when you're not using blue tooth correct?

OP
INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
It's the blue tooth software, I've seen multiple people have mentioned it so I imagine it'll be on the OTA release.

Doesn't happen when you're not using blue tooth correct?

No it has happened when using Bluetooth, look at my link on my 2nd post. It has happened both ways for me.

Reaction score
yeah i get a buzzing sound through my bluetooth headset. probably be fixed with an update. also, verizon's 4g network's had issues in southern IN and elsewhere. annoying.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No it has happened when using Bluetooth, look at my link on my 2nd post. It has happened both ways for me.

Apparently my wording was difficult. I've never had it happen on normal calls and I've only read about it occurring with blue tooth devices.

So you have had it happen without using your blue tooth device.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No it matters, I just haven't heard of people having the issue unless they're using blue tooth devices. I haven't had any issues during calls.

BigFwoosh

Reaction score
No it matters, I just haven't heard of people having the issue unless they're using blue tooth devices. I haven't had any issues during calls.
Gotcha. I hope Verizon pushes out an update soon. I'd rather not return my phone just to find out it's a software bug.

OP
INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Apparently my wording was difficult. I've never had it happen on normal calls and I've only read about it occurring with blue tooth devices.

So you have had it happen without using your blue tooth device.

Nah I understood u but yeah ive had it happened both ways. I love this phone and hoping this issue gets fixed soon.

GoBears

Reaction score
Happened to me twice so far. All of a sudden caller says I'm breaking up, then can't hear me. I can hear them just fine though. I really wish it would have been Moto who had made this phone under the guidance of Google.

captdroid

Reaction score
Happened to me twice so far. All of a sudden caller says I'm breaking up, then can't hear me. I can hear them just fine though. I really wish it would have been Moto who had made this phone under the guidance of Google.

You on the new radios that were leaked or waiting for the OTA?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really wish it would have been Moto who had made this phone under the guidance of Google.

Really tired of hearing this, the Bionic and Razr have similar issues right now and the Nexus is on a brand new operating system as well.