Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Yeah everyone that has signed up for this promotion BE CAREFUL and check your bill. I was told I had the promotion, my bill came saturday and to my surprise my bill went up not down. After looking at it I noticed that they added the unlimited data plan to all my lines but did not give me the discounts I was suppose to get. I called customer service and they had no idea what was going on. I was told to get over it that I got a $20 discount on my primary line and that was all I was entitled to. I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor who told me that I better call the number on the flyer back because they have no information about the promotion and she did not believe me when I read it to her. So I called the number on the flyer and thank god I got a woman that knew what she was doing. Apparently they have to put the promotional code on all the lines. Finally after 1 1/2 hours I got it all straightened out, at least for now. Hopefully this does not happen each month!!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Heads Up dlwhtrose but my bill seems to be in order - it looks like I am going to save about $30.00 a month, plus the upgrade on minutes and unlimited texts - this is by far the best thing to happen with me and VZW since 11/06/2009

NYrunner

Reaction score
I just called the number on the flyer and the lady specifically asked me if I received the e-mail. Should I just try again tomorrow?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah everyone that has signed up for this promotion BE CAREFUL and check your bill. I was told I had the promotion, my bill came saturday and to my surprise my bill went up not down. After looking at it I noticed that they added the unlimited data plan to all my lines but did not give me the discounts I was suppose to get. I called customer service and they had no idea what was going on. I was told to get over it that I got a $20 discount on my primary line and that was all I was entitled to. I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor who told me that I better call the number on the flyer back because they have no information about the promotion and she did not believe me when I read it to her. So I called the number on the flyer and thank god I got a woman that knew what she was doing. Apparently they have to put the promotional code on all the lines. Finally after 1 1/2 hours I got it all straightened out, at least for now. Hopefully this does not happen each month!!
I gave the same heads up because it happened to me. It was added by the CMO department, not regular CS reps. They do nothing about this promotion and 99.9% won't even know of it's existence. Since you got the promotion from the special phone number, it should also be the number called for any questions or problems with the way it was added.

Zecpull

Reaction score
If I read the Family Share plan right I will also Save Even if I put my Wife on a Smart phone...right now I am On the 700 min Plus unlimited Txt and 2 smart phones..it is 161 with my discount. so I am below 160 even adding one more smartphone

Xeight

Reaction score
Just thought i'd bump the topic and say that for everyone who got this plan to double check you bill. I just saw mine and the bill was higher than ever before (218$!) and while after a while of explaining to the verizon rep how i got this plan (that she'd never heard of) she was able to work out what was wrong. And explained that somehow this was my last bill with my old plan...plus extra cost for switching plans...or something? Oh well, i said as long as my bill is 140$(two lines) next month i'll be happy.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Yep, just checked mine and there are pro-rated charges for last month and they also charged one month ahead on mine. The discount is still being applied, just hope next month it will be much less.

Directly from a D2

statustray

Reaction score
Yep, just checked mine and there are pro-rated charges for last month and they also charged one month ahead on mine. The discount is still being applied, just hope next month it will be much less.

Directly from a D2

Mine looks something like this:

Nationwide talk & Text 9.99

Data Package Unlimited 29.99
10/16-11/15

Data Package Unlimited (month in advance) 29.99
11/16-12/15

Talk & Text Data $20 Disc 11/16/12/15 -20.00
=======================================
1. I didn't have the plan on 10/15-11/13 so how am I being charge for it when it is "back dated"?
2. I actually got the plan on 11/12 or 11/13 which was three to four days ahead of the "new" billing cycle. Verizon told me I would be charge for the full month - even though I only had it for a few days. Hmmmmm....
3. No $20 discount on the first month which according to the bill was 10/16-11/15. I don't understand why there was no discount there. Hmmmm....

This has been very confusing for me.

the3dolla

Reaction score
hmm

I got this added about halfway through my billing cycle so this should be interesting. Ill get my bill on Friday. So, it should prorate the 20 discount for second half the month on my current smartphone lines. Since I've already paid for data at 30 for next month, it should refund this, and then recharge me 30 with 20 discount.. so really data should be a negative $20 next month.. jeez I just don't see that working out!

Non smartphone lines should get a prorated 30 charge and prorated 20 discount, then future charge of 30 and another 20 discount.

Ugghh, I just know this is going to be a hassel..

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I got my bill today and everything was perfect. The rep backdated the promo to the beginning of my billing period when I signed up for it so my bill reflected it this time. I saved forty bucks.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like I spoke to soon - got my bill this morning it's $187 - it is normally $147 and with this new plan I was hoping for $120 - guess I will be making a phone call this morning :(

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I called and everything seems to be in place - for whatever reason (I can't see my physical bill yet) I am paying something in advance and next month all of my discounts should be in place and make a difference in my overall bill :)

slreno

Reaction score
I just switched to the new plan... I had 2000 min plan with 3 android phones and my bill was 210 a month after all the android internet plans at 30 buxks each... my bill is now 169.97 it saves me 40 bucks a month... she said it does not extend my contract and it will not create a partial month huge bill again either since I just stay with the 2000 min plan I had..sshe said I will just get credits every month totaling 40 bucks each month!!! I am stoked over this...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

may0799

Reaction score
I called right in the middle of a billing cycle, and the rep told me he could backdate it. He said my bill would be $20 more the first month. I asked if he could just put a note on my account for the plan to go into effect the first day of the next billing cycle. He said sure. My billing cycle started yesterday. I checked my account today. The plan was changed and the credits are showing on all four lines. Hopefully everything will look that way when the bill comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.