New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, thats odd, the guy told me that was only for the 900min plan.

Guess I'll have to call a few more times lol.

2. azpilot

azpilot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just in case you run into this issue -

I had a Droid 1 and the Wife an LG Dare, we got on this plan and both phones showed the discount. However when I upgraded the wifes phone to a Droid last night, she lost the discounts and calling Verizon they said I am not on the plan and the cost is 171.00 per month. I called back to the 877 number and talked to them, they said no problem, they know I'm on the plan and added the new phone back on as it been removed during the change out.

So, verify if you have a situation like mine and upgrade phones after you are on the plan. Just call back if it does not look right and they will correct it.

3. Takenover83

Takenover83 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got it today. I just told them I wanted the Unlimited (Family)Promotion. They said no problem, and got me all setup for my 4-lines. Three of my lines are Droids so this did save me quiet a but of money. Thanks DF's! And sense my vontract does not expire till 2012, the added 1-year did not apply to me. It still expires in 2012.

4. noother84

noother84 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, either the rep I got knew all the ins and outs of this promo or she hooked me up with a sweet deal. Either way I made out like a bandit lol.

5. donstechnology

donstechnology New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got the 1400 FS plan like a champ. Called saying I got an email a couple days ago and was interested and had some questions. She said, " I would love to go over that with you". So I asked some mundane things like making sure my 10 F&F numbers would stay, Etc.

The only problem I had was that my Grandma's phone wasn't data capable, so she switched her over to a national freedom plan w/ 100 anytime and 500 N&W minutes for $25 (Only $5 more then if she were to get added on the FS plan) (Luckily she only uses about 10 min/month)

So yay!!!!!! She did try to upsell me ALOT though. Almost every 3-4 minutes was oh do you have cases, do you have bluetooth for driving, do you want to use up your last available line and add another number, etc.
    :icon_ banana: dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid :icon_ banana:

6. psychicdroid

psychicdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Was just going to post this. I upgraded the 3 lines that didn't have phones that used Data. I called when the phones got here on Wed and made sure the data plans and discount were on all the lines as the main line was the only one who had the discount. I checked my account last night and saw that the 2 lines that the D1's had the discount, but the 3 new droids didn't. So I called this morning and they said they were on as pending and somebody had to go back and input the codes once the new phones were activated. So make sure you call in if you upgrade some lines, I wouldn't leave it to chance that somebody goes back and inputs the codes for the "pending" lines.

7. wmnomore

wmnomore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just called to change mine-was paying $242. on average. Now will be paying $192!

The only catch to this is if you have any lines that are less than 1 year remaining will be extended 1 year. Wasn't a big deal for me since i only had 2 lines ending middle of next year.
    This does not change your upgrade dates though.

8. Freezetron

Freezetron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got signed up for this plan via the 877 number earlier this weekand got a Droid X yesterday but looking at my bill this morning, Im only seeing a monthly charge of $59.99 and I don't see that $20 discount anymore but it also says im still getting unlimited domestic data.

Very weird, i'll keep my VZW rep on speed dial for the next few weeks.

9. azpilot

azpilot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Look back at post #626, similar issue. I would call them now before you wait to long

10. Freezetron

Freezetron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's a pic of what I mean. And what the hell is that promo deal for bonus text all about?

[​IMG]

11. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    If I were you I would call because mine says 20 dollar promotion or something like that. I don't see that on yours.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

12. Freezetron

Freezetron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I called my rep and for some reason, it didn't take so he fixed it for me this morning. I"ll keep an eye on my bill nonetheless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

877-873-3278

877-628-8922

877 628 8922
nationwide talk and text 700
nationwide talk fs 700
new unlimited plan from big red
smartphone secondary credit
talk & text plus data $20 disc
talk&text&data $9.99 disc-12mo