New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrbernard

Reaction score
After 6 calls I finally got someone yesterday who would let me take advantage of this promo, but now he says that he needs me to forward him the email so his supervisor can see what the deal is supposed to be, since the supervisor is unaware of it (which is odd, because I called the number on the flyer).

Can someone who received the email forward it to me so I have something to show them?

My email is [email protected]

qcharu

Reaction score
Called last night and got the plan with no problems at all. Doubled my minutes and added unlimited data to 2 of my other lines. Bill only went up 2 cents . Thanks!

robbo323

Reaction score
Read through this LONG thread and still not clear whether this plan works for me. I have 1 smart phone w/29.99 data and 1 dumb phone for a total monthly bill of $115. (I have hung on to a REALLY old/cheap plan from years ago). I get a 19% discount through work. I gather that I can still get that 19% off? Not sure what part they do/don't take the 19% off. Thinking of moving the wife into the 21st century w/a smartphone, but can't figure out what this will ultimately cost me or if it makes sense. Thoughts?

hyisbm

Reaction score
Read through this LONG thread and still not clear whether this plan works for me. I have 1 smart phone w/29.99 data and 1 dumb phone for a total monthly bill of $115. (I have hung on to a REALLY old/cheap plan from years ago). I get a 19% discount through work. I gather that I can still get that 19% off? Not sure what part they do/don't take the 19% off. Thinking of moving the wife into the 21st century w/a smartphone, but can't figure out what this will ultimately cost me or if it makes sense. Thoughts?

what's the rest of your current plan? You will be paying a few dollars more so you have to decide if the difference in features are worth it for you and if she really wants to upgrade

52brandon

Reaction score
I gathered that you wouldn't get the discount. Which is why I didn't even try

TinGodz

Reaction score
Just called this number a few seconds ago and the representative fed me some BS about how they send out promos only to specific customers. He said he checked my account to see if I was eligible for this promo and said I was not. So I am curious as to what the criteria is for this promo? For those who were able to get this sweet deal, do you mind informing us of what the common factor is? I'm confident it has nothing do with the military.

I'll try calling again in a couple hours and try a different representative.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Just called this number a few seconds ago and the representative fed me some BS about how they send out promos only to specific customers. He said he checked my account to see if I was eligible for this promo and said I was not. So I am curious as to what the criteria is for this promo? For those who were able to get this sweet deal, do you mind informing us of what the common factor is? I'm confident it has nothing do with the military.

I have 2 Droid X's, both with unlimited data plans, 1400 shared minutes, and unlimited texts. They basically said I qualified for the promotion without receiving the email. The new plan is the same plan as the one I had, but now it shows a $20 discount on each data package. I save right at $40 a month, and I still receive my 19% discount on the main line.

TinGodz

Reaction score

I have 2 Droid X's, both with unlimited data plans, 1400 shared minutes, and unlimited texts. They basically said I qualified for the promotion without receiving the email. The new plan is the same plan as the one I had, but now it shows a $20 discount on each data package. I save right at $40 a month, and I still receive my 19% discount on the main line.

Not to get too personal or anything, but I'm curious if maybe this promo was targeted at a specific region or company(ies) or something. Do you mind sharing any of this info? Plus, how'd you get that sweet 19% discount? The military discount is only 15% :(. Guess they think we actually get paid or something.

TinGodz

Reaction score
EBWOP:

I just tried calling again and was, naturally, rejected. The lady asked me what number was the email sent to (she actually asked if I was calling in reference to a text message or letter, what do most people say?). I have 3 numbers on the account and just chose my number. She was able to look up my number to see if an email was sent to it, lol. She then went on to explain how this was only targeted at certain people and that SHE wasn't even able to use it (BS).

I then asked if there was anyone else I could speak to that may be able to help and she basically told me no one was going to because they aren't supposed to honor the promo unless you specifically received this email. According to her, this is a trial promo to see how successful it is, and if it they deem it worthy, then they will release it nationwide. Of course I don't see that happening because people are saving money off of this deal, so it's whatever.

I guess I'll just keep trying and hope someone will hook me up. Kinda pissed me off a little bit, though, telling me that I wasn't worthy to get this promo. Almost flipped out on the lady, haha.

Geoid

Reaction score
Guys, I never received an email or text regarding the offer, I did however just merged my account with my fiancee into a family plan on sunday. I called the special promotion number on monday and the rep basically told me that if I didn't get an email or text that i wasn't eligible for the promotion. I was very nice on the phone and explained to her that the only reason why I merged my account with my fiancee to a family plan was because of this special promotion, she told me to hold on a minute and came back and told me I was eligible and gave me the promotion. It extends our contract a year to 11/22/11. which doesn't matter cause my contract expires 11/6/11 anyway and hers is actually 11/22/11 so no change on her part. She also did mention that the promotion is only good for a year and she has no idea if they will continue the promotion or offer something else. So i think our bill should be $110 - 22% discount plus $30...so about $115 plus tax and fees. Just keep trying if they don't give it to you....like I said, I never got an email or text and I was able to get the promotion on my first try.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've said this several pages back. When I called I remember the guy saying let's see, you got the email. I didn't respond. And he said Yes, you are eligible for the new plan.

I never received an email.

I also called during the first hour day after the promotion started. So I don't know if reps were told anything different from that time.

TinGodz

Reaction score
@hookbill: Sorry Bill, I didn't want to read through 80 pages. However, I did go back anyway to read through a lot of this thread after failing the first two times.

Update: Success! I was honest with the guy and told him I saw it on a flyer on their website. He tried feeding me the same BS about not being offered the promo and how they cannot honor it, so I just told them after all the trouble I have had with them, I am going to cancel my service. He immediately put me on hold for 5 long minutes, came back, and said, "Sir? I just spoke to management and they said they can honor the promo." This was a huge dealbreaker for me. If I couldn't receive this promo, I really would have gone through with canceling my service because I've put up with a lot of nonsense from them.

He did inform me that this is only valid for a year. Once the year expires, I will have to choose from whatever plans are available. I saw a bunch of confusion about this in the middle of the thread, so thought I'd throw this out there for clarification.

cjriddle22

Reaction score

Not to get too personal or anything, but I'm curious if maybe this promo was targeted at a specific region or company(ies) or something. Do you mind sharing any of this info? Plus, how'd you get that sweet 19% discount? The military discount is only 15% :(. Guess they think we actually get paid or something.

Sure. I live in middle TN. I called on the first Monday after the story was posted on here. I used to get a 15% discount with my work, but I had read somewhere that Verizon gave college's good discounts also. So I went online and filled out the work email form to check for eligibility, but I just put in my college email address ([email protected]), and it said I was eligible for 19% discount on any main line and 25% off accessories, so I switched from 15% to 19% with no problems. I think I did it all online and never even had to talk to a real person. Sorry for the ones that can't get the promotion, but I swear they gave it to me without any effort on my part (no i did not receive the email or anything.)

Lenagainster

Reaction score
@hookbill: Sorry Bill, I didn't want to read through 80 pages. However, .......
He did inform me that this is only valid for a year. Once the year expires, I will have to choose from whatever plans are available. I saw a bunch of confusion about this in the middle of the thread, so thought I'd throw this out there for clarification.
or add to the confusion. I thought "valid for a year" was the case as well, and mentioned it a while back. Got shot down. My rep seemed to indicate the same thing. She was wrong. Verizon doesn't do that unless they clearly indicate the the discount is valid only for a certain period of time, like they have now for the Smartphone plan where you can add a line with a smartphone and only pay for the data and not the extra line ($9.99) (Smartphones Talk Free). In that promo, they clearly indicate that after two years, the $9.99 discount goes away. Not so in this deal, not so. The email/flyer has been pasted clearly in this thread and nowhere does it say that the discount goes away after a year or after any amount of time.
The "year" part is that the deal extends your contract for a year. And maybe the plan won't be available after a year. But it is not likely that they will take the plan away from those who already have it.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
From the Customer Agreement:

Can Verizon Wireless Change This Agreement or My Service?

We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this agreement at any time,but we'll provide notice first, including written notice if you have Postpay Service. If you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change. If you're a Postpay customer and a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no early termination fee.

In my case, I purchased two new Droid 2s and my contract was extended for two years. If Big Red were to change this plan, by discontinuing the $20 discount per data package, it is undoubtedly a "material adverse effect", and I could terminate my agreement with no ETF. I doubt VZW would give me that opportunity to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.