New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
If that's the case then why are the reps telling us it doesn't expire? I'm more inclined to believe them over just one person.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
The brochure link says one year contract renewal required, there is nothing about a time limit on how long the program lasts once you enact it. At least nothing printed on the Verizon flier.

azpilot

Reaction score
This plan is no different than the other ones Verizon has done. You sign up to extend your contract, in this case one year. The price of the plan is good for as long as you stay on it. It does not expire after a year, only the contract ends after a year so you are free to go do something else with no penalty.

spider210

Reaction score
This is special data discount promo not special plan. Just like the new smart phone talk for free promo that expires after the 2 yrs is up. This promo will expire after 1 year from when it was put on. That's the info I have.

Someone can go to their local corps store and get this info from a rep. It is now available to them to read about but only if you were sent it will it show up as available to them on ur account in the store for you but they now have the info on it same as me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can easily call your friendly VZW rep at *611, who will then check the promo on your account and tell you that it is good thru 2038.

Several of us have done it, and while it isn't as exciting and mysterious as making crap up, it is certainly more factual.

I believe this is true. And I'll probably be dead by then so it won't matter.

Sorry, not trying to be morbid but I'm 58 now. If I make it to 76 it woud truly be a miracle.

Wonder if we will even have smartphones in 2038?

metsnfins

Reaction score
can you use your employee discount on the 69.99 promo?

it's probably not worth it for me if not

right now i am paying 39.99 for 450 minutes (-19% so about 32 dollars)
10 dollars for 500 text plus veriz-veriz
and 24 dollars for data (29.99 - 20% feature discount)

so my pretax bill is 66 dollars -- so i guess if i get unlimited texts for 4 dollars more maybe it will be worth it

DroidX316

Reaction score
can you use your employee discount on the 69.99 promo?

it's probably not worth it for me if not

right now i am paying 39.99 for 450 minutes (-19% so about 32 dollars)
10 dollars for 500 text plus veriz-veriz
and 24 dollars for data (29.99 - 20% feature discount)

so my pretax bill is 66 dollars -- so i guess if i get unlimited texts for 4 dollars more maybe it will be worth it

Yes you can.I have my wifes discount 22% still included with this new plan.

soulpatch

Reaction score
Some secret involved in getting this reduced pricing? WIfe is on Droid and I am on the X and I called in and was told that we are not elegible for this discount. I called the line in the flyer posted and no dice.

So help a brother out in getting the deal. Do I have to say a code word...lol Whats the deal?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Just keep trying, if you get a "no" just call back. Eventually you will get it.

BTW i also am getting my employee discount on this as well.

Zargon

Reaction score
I called to switch to this plan, but I didn't because the CSR I spoke to stated that all the lines on the account must be on the data plan. I currently have 2 lines with data and 2 without. I wanted to pay the $139.99 for the 2 data lines and $9.99 per line for the additional lines, but I was told that it's not possible.

Can anyone confirm this?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I called to switch to this plan, but I didn't because the CSR I spoke to stated that all the lines on the account must be on the data plan. I currently have 2 lines with data and 2 without. I wanted to pay the $139.99 for the 2 data lines and $9.99 per line for the additional lines, but I was told that it's not possible.

Can anyone confirm this?

All lines have to be on the same plan. Sorry
If the other lines ever want to get a smart phone then you're covered though. If I could pay 19.99 for my line that would be great. I am the third line on a family plan but the only one with a smart phone.

Zargon

Reaction score

Can anyone confirm this?

All lines have to be on the same plan. Sorry
If the other lines ever want to get a smart phone then you're covered though. If I could pay 19.99 for my line that would be great. I am the third line on a family plan but the only one with a smart phone.

Thanks for confirming. It's a great deal if I wanted 4 lines with data.

statustray

Reaction score
Frustrated by the switch! - Billing error?

I just got my first bill since changing over to the new plan. Although I expected an increase in the bill because of the advance pay procedure of Verizon, I was shocked to find that I was charged $29.99 for last month on a non-unlimited data line I have. This line is used by my wife who only has a feature phone at this time. I called billing and hopefully they will follow through with a refund for the mistake. So, if you switched to the promo plan and had a non-unlimited data line, you might want to check that you don't get over charged.

Jim

I just got my first bill since changing over to the new plan. Although I expected an increase in the bill because of the advance pay procedure of Verizon, I was shocked to find that I was charged $29.99 for last month on a non-unlimited data line I have. This line is used by my wife who only has a feature phone at this time. I called billing and hopefully they will follow through with a refund for the mistake. So, if you switched to the promo plan and had a non-unlimited data line, you might want to check that you don't get over charged.

Jim

same exact thing happened to me. Called and got a refund for the previous month.

I just got my first bill ... I was charged $29.99 for last month on a non-unlimited data line I have. This line is used by my wife who only has a feature phone at this time. ..
Jim
Same thing here. Apparently not a random error. The computer did it. :icon_evil:

The same thing happened to me and I have called Verizon twice- once yesterday and again today. Everyone is telling me that is is not an error. This is beyond frustrating. If you were able to get your refunds, how exactly did you go about it?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.