New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeydog

Reaction score
Anyone under contract for more that 6 months get this plan?

Our contract was about a year in, and we have been with verizon since 2000 or 2001 and got on this plan. With a packed full family share plan we're saving $100 a month and actually 8 cents cheaper than what we were paying when we only had one data plan! Now we all have data plans and got everyone a droid just because of this new deal!

Lenagainster

Reaction score
I'm glad you got the deal, however from sitting 2-1/2 years in the VZW CS side before I left, we took those switching to Sprint, AT&T, T-M, etc. very lightly, especially when we saw how many phones were still under contract. .
To be a bit more specific, I told the CS rep, in a pleasant way, that I know my contract is up in February, and my son has been urging us to switch to ATT. Perhaps that sounded a bit more definite to her, than just an idle threat to leave.
I don't blame customer for telling little white lies to the CS rep in an attempt to get the deal; to me, it's just haggling. But when I read back through this very long thread and see the many different ways the CS reps handled the requests; from outright refusal to no questions asked, it is no idle threat that I would be switching in Feb. or sooner to ATT if I couldn't get the same $40 discount that many others are getting on a two line unlimited text and data plan, only because they got the right CS rep at the right time.

DroidX316

Reaction score
I would be paying $20 more a month if i switched to this but i would be doubling my minutes,adding unlimited data ....Do you think it is worth the $20 to switch?.I just might cancel my Digital phone service from TWC if i do switch since it will be 1400 minutes and all.
Plus you'd be getting Family & Friends. Without a doubt it would be worth it if it gives you enough minutes to cancel the home line. Do you want people calling you or your house? If you want a phone number to give out when you don't want to give out your cell, get Google Voice. How far along are you on your present contract? The threat of switching to ATT worked for me. Be firm but pleasant; ask for a supervisor.

I just reupped for another 2 years like 3 weeks ago.Thing is i see evryone getting savings while i ll be payimg more lol?

harshd2000

Reaction score
sorry for asking this, but since there are 74 pages here, was wondering where is the link to the deal?

Looking to get in on VZW as a new customer.

cjriddle22

Reaction score

jhom

Reaction score
I just got my first bill since changing over to the new plan. Although I expected an increase in the bill because of the advance pay procedure of Verizon, I was shocked to find that I was charged $29.99 for last month on a non-unlimited data line I have. This line is used by my wife who only has a feature phone at this time. I called billing and hopefully they will follow through with a refund for the mistake. So, if you switched to the promo plan and had a non-unlimited data line, you might want to check that you don't get over charged.

Jim

nothing0

Reaction score
Anyone under contract for more that 6 months get this plan?

Our contract was about a year in, and we have been with verizon since 2000 or 2001 and got on this plan. With a packed full family share plan we're saving $100 a month and actually 8 cents cheaper than what we were paying when we only had one data plan! Now we all have data plans and got everyone a droid just because of this new deal!

Thanks for the response. I've tried calling 3 times with no luck so far. I figured it was because I have a 1.5 years left on my contract. I guess I'll try one more time.

Dizzle51

Reaction score
sorry for asking this, but since there are 74 pages here, was wondering where is the link to the deal?

Looking to get in on VZW as a new customer.

Uh, not to be mean, but did you even read the original post? There is a link at the bottom of the original post. Here it is:

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/website/ResponseForm?OSPEUT_9_9_z_UU_0Hsr_.2eHmH_wkhthE

This link isnt showing up for me now, is it gone or what happened???

DroidX316

Reaction score
Well 2nd time was a charm.Rep said i wasnt eligible at 1st but told him that id probably get rid of my landline and that my son wanted to get internet on his phone ect,so he was like ok ill put you on this plan no problem.Paying $20 more a month but im doubling my minuted from 700 to 1400 and getting unlimited data on my other 2 phones plus 10 friends and family so not a bad deal imho.

nothing0

Reaction score
Ok I guess 4th time was a charm.. The rep I got this time put it on without much trouble.

hyisbm

Reaction score
I just got my first bill since changing over to the new plan. Although I expected an increase in the bill because of the advance pay procedure of Verizon, I was shocked to find that I was charged $29.99 for last month on a non-unlimited data line I have. This line is used by my wife who only has a feature phone at this time. I called billing and hopefully they will follow through with a refund for the mistake. So, if you switched to the promo plan and had a non-unlimited data line, you might want to check that you don't get over charged.

Jim

same exact thing happened to me. Called and got a refund for the previous month.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
I just got my first bill ... I was charged $29.99 for last month on a non-unlimited data line I have. This line is used by my wife who only has a feature phone at this time. ..
Jim
Same thing here. Apparently not a random error. The computer did it. :icon_evil:

spider210

Reaction score
Guys just to let you know this is only for one year. Customers must agree to one get agreement. This does not change your upgrade date. Family shares all lines must renew one get 1yr extentions and u will still get ur discounts.

Again if u can get it great.

Sent from my DROIDX. Vzw CS

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys just to let you know this is only for one year. Customers must agree to one get agreement. This does not change your upgrade date. Family shares all lines must renew one get 1yr extentions and u will still get ur discounts.

Again if u can get it great.

Sent from my DROIDX. Vzw CS

Been discussed many times here.

There is no end date on this plan. You do need to sign for an additional year but only if you are not already signed to a 2 year contract and are on the first year of that contract.

spider210

Reaction score
This plan is only active for a year I am looking at the plan details right here at work. So if you were told otherwise sorry you were misinformed

After one year the discount will automaticly fall off

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.