Mysterious Device Now With November 23 Launch date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanilla Ice

Reaction score
Miami - as you are deciding on what you will be able to release this week, I have a few questions:

Can you show/sample the media player. I really like the cover flow style media player in the Desire HD. I am hoping that the Incredible HD has the same set up.

Will the DINC HD have locations? (this is one of the coolest features of the Desire HD)

Will it be "Binged"?

What memory will it support? I have to have a 32gb card in mine. My storm with 16gb is full.

Will accesories be available at launch? Desk top charger? Car dock for using it as a navigation tool (like the DroidX?)

Anyone else have specific questions for Miami as he works through the final days of his NDA? What would like to see be included in an announcement and specs review for this new phone?

I really want to know the color theme of the phone. I love the look of the Evo and I’m hoping it looks close to it or better (just not the ugly circles around the icons) but color is a must! 1 GHz or more is a must! and the new sense is a must!

StupidGenius

Reaction score
So with the two phones scenario. Do think the 4G will replace the 3G (discontinuing it), or will the 3G stay for those who won't have 4G available to them for a year or more?

wmnomore

Reaction score
I would also like to know the colors. I was mentioned earlier that it was darker than the leaked pics. Hopefully looking closer to the desire.

matthew4295

Reaction score

crescentfresh

Reaction score
Been out all weekend and holy cow this thread grew 50 pages at least! Can someone tell me what I missed? If anything...

The easiest way to tell if there's anything new is to skim through the pages looking for the Wile E Coyote avatar (Miami's). If you don't see it, there's nothing new, and nothing worth reading.

2005CTS

Reaction score
So it looks like another future Droid phone on Verizon has a firm release date:

DROID 2 Global Not Hitting Stores Until November 29th? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

The Droid2 Global is set for an in store launch on the 29th but an online launch beginning tomorrow.

So the Droid Pro and Droid2 Global are now out in the wild effective tomorrow - now we just need VZW to officially announce the sale date of the Merge so we can move forward to the topic at hand...the DINC HD.

I don't mind if they have a later in store launch of the DINC HD as long as it is available via "direct fullfillment" online earlier than that.

This is a creative way to launch phones. Essentially they are going to get the die hards a phone while they still work on inventory levels in the store for the official launch day. Pretty smart really. Hopefully the same is done with our phone...just waiting for the announcement.

Come on HTC - let's get the Merge officially announced so you can get the DINC HD in our hands!!!

2005CTS

Reaction score
Nothing new........

Hmm nothing new yet.

My favorite part is the "yet". Can you tell us if you know that your allowed to release on a specific date?

Yes - we all loved the yet part...and I'm sure that was intentional on his part. And I'm sure his NDA covers both the information we want and the fact that he can't even tell us when he can tell us.

Folks - he has strongly hinted at early this week in saying that Monday at the earliest...makes me think something big is going to happen today and that we will all find out late tonight or tomorrow night depending on his work/family schedule.

But I love it that he checks in every now and then. He knows the building anticipation and urgency for getting us the news. I'm sure he will release as soon as possible. There is a chance that other sites (like BGR, Droid Life, Android Central, etc) have similar NDA's that Miami may or may not know about so I'm sure there will be a race to see who is first with the goods online. This isn't something that you sit on just for the sake of sitting on it.

When he has it - it will be released and I am hoping we hear the goods on DF first...and not one of the competition.

2005CTS

Reaction score
What exactly is "direct fullfillment"?

Based on the information released by Verizon today it sounds like you will be able to either order the phone on line or in the store and receive it via FedEx/UPS in advance of the in store release date. The down side is that until the instore launch you won't be able to hold the device and sample it in person. But that is fine. If they offer direct fullfillment on the DINC HD I will order it as soon as the option becomes available. So for the Droid Pro and Droid2 Global - the advance order window opens tomorrow.

Detonation

Reaction score
Good god you guys will over analyze any meaningless tidbit you get, and then make all these assumptions about it. I can't count how many times I've read "well I'm sure he will..." or "trust me, it will..." in this thread.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing new........

Hmm nothing new yet.

Sent from a Droid from somewhere in FL using Tapatalk

You know Miami I am just over in Jacksonville and tempted to come meet you directly.. lol..

Funny i was in St. Augustine yesterday and in to the evening. Had dinner at carabbas right there on us1.

Maybe next time im over there it will be possible.

Sent from a Droid from somewhere in FL using Tapatalk

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good god you guys will over analyze any meaningless tidbit you get, and then make all these assumptions about it. I can't count how many times I've read "well I'm sure he will..." or "trust me, it will..." in this thread.

I wish i could just say look here but i cannot go to deep in to details. Though I'm tryi g to get out what you need to know. Which is really the final result of my emails to them about idf there is two devices or a push. I'm still waiting on that answer and will post that as soon as i get that info.

Sent from a Droid somewhere in FL using Tapatalk

2005CTS

Reaction score
I wish i could just say look here but i cannot go to deep in to details. Though I'm tryi g to get out what you need to know. Which is really the final result of my emails to them about if there is two devices or a push. I'm still waiting on that answer and will post that as soon as i get that info.

So the two devices is still in question?

What is push?

Can't wait for more info!?

Status
Not open for further replies.