Not open for further replies.

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
leakedhd.jpg
Do you remember a few months back when we leaked an upcoming device for Verizon Wireless? Well it seems we weren't just blowing hot air, and the device now has a November 23rd launch date. This timing comes from AndroidSpin.com, who took this from our forum administrator Miami1683, deep in the original thread. Apparently he had a word with some of his sources, and that is the date that was provided to him.

This means the very gorgeous HTC device that is supposedly the Desire HD counterpart for Verizon will be coming a little less than a month from now.
Just to reiterate the information we originally knew, here is the spec sheet:

 8 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash
 Kickstand
 4.3-inch screen
 3.5 mm headphone jack
 Front facing camera.
And all the other good things Android has to offer.

Does this date work with you guys, or do you want it sooner? Let us know.

caboyzcoti

Reaction score
i wants it now! haha but i reallllly want a droid with a front facing camera and physical keyboard

Droidfish

Reaction score
Eh, I don't have an upgrade for a while... although I've been waiting for a front facing camera...

Just glad to see verizons devices finally start moving in this direction.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
i wants it now! haha but i reallllly want a droid with a front facing camera and physical keyboard
That doesn't suck. Which one? The camera or the keyboard? Well, the keyboard is obvious (first gen D1), but if the camera sucked... :)

fanman2

Reaction score
My next DROID phone

WOW...THIS is the phone I've been waiting for for a very long time. 23 November can't come soon enough. I would buy it TODAY if it was available for sale....:)!!

Do you know if it is going to have a Super AMOLED screen?

Will it come loaded with Android 2.2.? -OR- a later version, like 3.0, AKA Gingerbread

And finally, will it be upgradeable to android 3.0 if it doesn't come with it already loaded?

Thanks for your answers and any other information you can offer.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
WOW...THIS is the phone I've been waiting for for a very long time. 23 November can't come soon enough. I would buy it TODAY if it was available for sale....:)!!

Will it come loaded with Android 2.2.? -OR- a later version, like 3.0, AKA Gingerbread

And finally, will it be upgradeable to android 3.0 if it doesn't come with it already loaded?

Thanks for your answers and any other information you can offer.
:welcome: to the forum!

2.2 now and upgradeable later.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
leakedhd.jpg
Do you remember a few months back when we leaked an upcoming device for Verizon Wireless? Well it seems we weren't just blowing hot air, and the device now has a November 23rd launch date. This timing comes from AndroidSpin.com, who took this from our forum administrator Miami1683, deep in the original thread. Apparently he had a word with some of his sources, and that is the date that was provided to him.

This means the very gorgeous HTC device that is supposedly the Desire HD counterpart for Verizon will be coming a little less than a month from now.
Just to reiterate the information we originally knew, here is the spec sheet:

 8 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash
 Kickstand
 4.3-inch screen
 3.5 mm headphone jack
 Front facing camera.
And all the other good things Android has to offer.

Does this date work with you guys, or do you want it sooner? Let us know.
Those 2 sites are getting there information from here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...erious-evo-ish-htc-device-headed-verizon.html

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

AFAIK, the only devices that are slated to have Super AMOLED screens are devices that are built by Samsung. It would probably be more likely that it has a screen that uses Sony's S-LCD technology; which according to an article I read comparing technologies is a step below Super AMOLED, but a step above regular AMOLED. The heirarchy is as follows:

Super AMOLED > S-LCD > AMOLED > LCD

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
I've been waiting on the next major Android phone and this one comes just in time for my upgrade. Hopefully it'll have huge support in the dev community.

aayoo

Reaction score
This device, dubbed the incredible HD, is not 4g/LTE.

A front-facing camera on a 3g network is a disaster in the making, streaming would be horrible. Spare yourself a watered-down experience.

Hence evo, epic, and iphone4 all operating on 4g.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
How can the iPhone be operating on a 4G network when AT&T has no 4G? The camera doesn't work on 3G, it's WiFi only to save AT&T the expensive of putting in more towers.

bd1212

Reaction score
This device, dubbed the incredible HD, is not 4g/LTE.

A front-facing camera on a 3g network is a disaster in the making, streaming would be horrible. Spare yourself a watered-down experience.

Hence evo, epic, and iphone4 all operating on 4g.

Why would you want to video chat anyways? I recently owned the new iPod (the one with the camera and facetime) and it sucked. Facetime was good when you actually had someone to do it with, and when you did, I would've preferred a normal phone call anyways. Once the novelty of video calling is gone, it's just pointless, to be honest.

mtavenger55

Reaction score
Can it come out November 11 instead when my contract is due for an upgrade!? Lol I can wait 12 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.