Google's Nexus 5 Launch Now Tipped for Friday; White Nexus 5 Pic

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus5-white-leaked-pic-oct-2013.png

The white Nexus 5 just showed up in a leaked pic from @evleaks. That's not all the famed leaker shared. He also claims a confirmed launch date of November 1st for the new device. This would be Friday, just in case you guys aren't counting. The device is expected to be revealed somewhere between the 28th-31st and start selling soon after, so this makes sense to have a launch date of Friday.

Also, not too long ago the service manual for the device was also leaked. It, of course, shared the full specs for the device. Here's what we know:
  • 5-inch full HD display
  • 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 8-megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization
  • 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera
  • 2,300 mAh battery with support for inductive charging
  • NFC
  • Google’s new Android 4.4 KitKat
The most recent rumors peg the pricing for this phone somewhere in the $350 price range, and this is without a contract. It looks like Android fans will have something to look forward to this holiday season.

Source: @evleaks

Iggy08

Reaction score
I hope I can grab one of the top models before they sell out, I'm making the jump to T-Mobile with the Nexus 5 :-D

Rhino94

Reaction score
I'm a little curious why an 8mp camera when the G2 has a 13 mp and the front only has 1.3 mp and the G2 has 2mp(2.1 I believe). I just want to know why they would go smaller instead of the same size? Is it because they don't want to out do the G2?

jamjr74

Reaction score
Want a The Nexus but not sure if its worth leaving behind my S4 and Verizon!

Fadeds

Reaction score
I envy you iggy. I have to until march to leave Verizon. So sick of the money I have to give those bastards. The service doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be either. By March though there will be some other sick phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

boidsonly

Reaction score
I have been looking for a reason to move to T-Mobile-this could be it!

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I have been looking for a reason to move to T-Mobile-this could be it!

I heard on the radio today t mobile is doing no charges for going global.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Iggy08

Reaction score
I heard on the radio today t mobile is doing no charges for going global.

I've seen the commercials on TV. I wonder what the restrictions are, might have to get my grandparents an American cell phone for Christmas :-D We go to Mexico about once a year, so this is going to be a very convenient feature

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Now, if it only makes it to Verizon......

Oh, sorry, I was dreaming! Sheeshhhhh.....

That'll be the day. Add in SD card support too, don't forget that! 2,300 mAh battery is decent, 1 day of moderate usage is possible, now if it was 2,700 - 3K, different story.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I've seen the commercials on TV. I wonder what the restrictions are, might have to get my grandparents an American cell phone for Christmas :-D We go to Mexico about once a year, so this is going to be a very convenient feature

I'm about to deploy and my country is on the list. I'm looking at it very seriously.