Gorgeous, mysterious, EVO-ish HTC device headed for Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
There are moderators, and there are suuuuuuuuper moderators.....

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: This post was not meant in a negative way in any means to any Mod specifically (or even genrally); it was completely random. I just read the title and had an image in my mind. Nothing more. And for what it's worth, there will be no more beating no dead horses--not only will that be frowned upon by animal activists; it just isn't that fun.

The levels of moderators are in relation to the areas of control we have over the board. Essentially what we can and can't access and the control we have with threads in comparison to one section or the overall board.

Oh, I wasn't really asking, but hey, that is interesting to know!

In other news, I do appreciate you being here and answering questions and contributing rather than simply showing up and saying .... "get a life", "go away!" ... as, ahem, others have done here. Conversing in this thread is actually very therapeutic and is helping during the down time before the breaking news.

2005CTS

Reaction score
It's the psx4droid thread all over again, lol.

Verizon's airing incredible commercials because they finally have a respectable amount in stock. Just like the Droid X, the incredible was on backorder for quite some time and people moved on not wanting to wait, so why not air the old commercials again to refresh our memories. Actually, the more i think about it, the less i want this device. To quote:
"The initial batch of devices will undoubtedly host both CDMA EVDO and LTE chipsets, allowing customers to toggle back and forth between 3G and 4G depending on where they are what networks are available."
Having a LTE phone doesn't mean you have to go 4g, i'm glad verizon is giving us the option. With that said, i'll be holding out for one of the 6 LTE devices coming in Q1. If that LG phone is any indication of the future, with 4.5" screen and dual core technology , this 3G evo/incredible HD is a waste of time.

I don't think that any phone is a waste of time if you like it and it is high quality and works. One of the huge advantages I see with this coming HTC Droid Incredible HD is that it is essentially the third generation of this device in the last seven months. HTC has quietly refined the phone making subtle improvements with each one. I expect that the Verizon version due this month (if all the rumors are true) will be very high quality right out the gate. It will not suffer many of the problems that the Droid X suffered due to being an all new device (hardware and software). HTC has been essentially building this phone since the spring.

As to waiting for LTE versus going 3G - I think that the LTE data plans will be more expensive so I plan on staying 3G for at least another year while I wait for the LTE/4G networks to mature and for the phone manufacturers to master the programing and software needed for these phones to switch between 3G and LTE. Plus - I think the first round of LTE phones will be test beds for the next round of mainstream devices.

Bring on the HTC Incredible HD ASAP. I have been on a Storm for two years now...and am ready to move to something smoother, faster, thinner, bigger (screen) and newer!!!

I just hope we see pictures today.

goathog02

Reaction score
Haha. We'll see... ;)

How can u be so confident, u were yesterday and the time to release then seemed like it would of been am.. are u suggesting the pics are still coming tonight?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

It's both confidence and optimism. I know Miami would never bluff or lie just to get some publicity. It's just not something I could see him doing. ;)
Sounds to me like someone has the inside scoop on the timeline here. Makes Sense (no pun intended), as any further communications of delays from Miami wouldn't have received well here.

viper1549

Reaction score
most people that have been following for 1-2 days will say that.. lets see if you feel the same way after being jerked around for a week..

If you don't like being "jerked around", quit reading it. Period.

so your entailing that we are to expect getting jerked around reading this thread? its all coming together now...

no disrespect but read what your writing to me.

im sorry im done.. ill check back later..

RadYOacTiVe

Reaction score
I've been following longer than 1-2 days but choose not to post. I am familiar with the info Miami provide with the Incredible and I have no doubts.

The way some people are acting, we should be lucky he posts anything at all considering people are questions his integrity.

I wish i could "thank" this post.

Is it possible to stop beating a dead horse on this thread. Please. Miami has not been online today that I have seen. He is tied into my GTalk and I haven't seen him make an appearance. People, if you have jobs, you should remember Monday is typically a huge pain in the butt with work. When a new update is ready, it will come.

We've got it, you want an update. You're mad he gave a timeline and hasn't been able to follow it. Will you PLEASE give it a rest. The continued complaints are doing nothing other than stirring the pot.

most people that have been following for 1-2 days will say that.. lets see if you feel the same way after being jerked around for a week..

dtdlurch

Reaction score
I wish i could "thank" this post.

Well said.

Also, I just wanted to throw something out there. I'm just speculating here and not trying to stir up the pot, but is it at all possible that the animosity being thrown Miami's way might in fact be causing him to NOT release information?

Not criticizing or trying to take sides or anything. Just food for thought.

As a side note from a long time "lurker" of this thread (because I hate to post at work, which happens to be my favorite time of day to check out the forum) and have yet to chip in my 2 cents: I've been holding out for this phone for my upgrade so I'm just as eager as the rest of you. Though, I'm still a little hesitant with rumors of the T2 still hanging around. I just don't think I can hold out until 2011 to get a new Android phone.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score

so your entailing that we are to expect getting jerked around reading this thread? its all coming together now...

no disrespect but read what your writing to me.

Give him a break, I'm sure you understand the point he was getting across--despite being slightly "unrefined" in how it was executed.

Back to the topic of this phone, I am starting to slightly believe we are completely blowing it out of proportion. With the monsters coming after January, it's ironic we have our heart set on this (and I am not 1005 even sure). I would like to know the specs (more than the pics); however, I won't be able to compare it with the LTE phones coming since those are even less certain (Can you imagine the thread those will have???). I suppose, if there are a few "surprise" or "bonus" specs that we will find out on the DINC HD, that is what I am hoping for so that I have a REASON not to wait for the post-Jan phones. If it is basically a slightly faster EVO, not sure if it is what I am in the market for?

jscards5

Reaction score
Just saw that droid-life is reporting price cuts on the original HTC droid incredibles. now they are really trying to get rid of em?

crescentfresh

Reaction score
I'm glad Miami has such a distinctive avatar. His are the only posts that mean anything in this thread at this point, and I can easily avoid going through 150 pages of nonsense simply by looking for Wile E. Coyote.

moviemogul

Reaction score
Is it too much to hope for a VZW iPhone at all? Cause I don't want to get this, and then find out an iPhone is coming within a few months...you know?

viper1549

Reaction score
Is it too much to hope for a VZW iPhone at all? Cause I don't want to get this, and then find out an iPhone is coming within a few months...you know?

Go to an apple forum wtf are you thinking

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ndhill1976

Reaction score

Nope, I don't know...

I would much rather have an android than an iphone.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score

Well, if all you want to do is post on Facebook, get Movie Times, surf Youtube, and basic information gathering tasks, then I'd suggest continuing to wait for the iPhone which WILL come to Verizon early next year and just be patient.

Oooooor... get an Android phone (DINC HD?) and harness the power.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the rumors are rampant, including being reported on by msnbc and other news outlets, that iphone is coming in Jan 2011. check out the News threads of the forum - several of them in there, i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.