Sprint version of the HTC One could be the new EVO; Called the HTC Evo One

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc_one_x1.jpg

This one isn't Verizon news, but some of you guys might be interested in checking it out for family or friends. We have some "rumint" in the industry right now that may pertain to the HTC and Sprint joint press event that is coming on April 4th. Previous rumors suggested that this event will be designed to launch the new HTC One series of phones on Sprint's network, but this new info takes things a slightly different direction. Supposedly, the announcement will just be for the HTC One X, and that it will be the new generation Sprint EVO device. It's been almost two years since the last EVO device was released. The phone was one of both HTC and Sprint's most popular devices. This new EVO series phone will supposedly be called the HTC EVO One, and will sport the following specs:
  • 4.70-inch 720p display
  • 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Krait processor
  • 16GB built-in storage, microSD card slot
  • 8MP rear shooter, 2MP front camera
  • 2,650mAh battery
  • Android 4.0 with Sense 4
  • LTE
  • Beats by Dre
Even more info regarding this rumor suggests that the phone will have the iconic black and red colors just like the previous generation EVO devices, and will also include the same kickstand. Furthermore, there is even a potential launch date of June 6th. We will know something more concrete next week. How many of you guys could get excited about a new EVO phone?

Source: AndroidPolice

Last edited:

combatmedic870

Reaction score
holy craaaap! Them are some killer specs!! I wonder what the new s-lcd 2 looks like! This is what the rezound should have been!

ExodusC

Reaction score
A 2,650mAh battery? Now THAT'S what companies need to be putting in their devices- or even higher.

Motorola might be making terrible decisions for the end-user like bootloader locking, and bogging their phones down with BLUR (but not calling it BLUR of course), but if there's one thing they got right with the RAZR MAXX it's that battery- not to mention the general above-average build quality of Motorola devices.

I'm hoping we'll never see any more sub-2000mAh batteries in top-end phones- especially ones with LTE modems.

I can only hope the Galaxy SIII follows this trend, since it's looking like the best candidate for my upgrade.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The HTC EVO One 3D 4G LTE Beats!

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
So hopefully the Verizon variant (if there is one) has a quad-core :biggrin: