Motorola Atrix Heading to Verizon Q4 2011

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

I would def. get a droid x 2 with dual core and a ff camera

big al

Reaction score
I so want this but I lose my NE2 $100 on June 16.
May have to get something to hold me over till Q4 so I dont lose the $100.
Bionic? hmmm

rybnik

Reaction score
I will subscribe to the theory of a Motorola/Nexus/VZW handset being next up.

See, I like this idea a lot, and I think I would be very swayed to get such a device...The only thing though is that would totally break convention..Both pure Google devices have been exclusive to T-mobile so far. Now, with fruit being the Focus for Big-Red, it seems even less likely that they would go after Motorolla just to get a Vanilla Droid...

I would def. get a droid x 2 with dual core and a ff camera

I think this would be a compelling option (if it did have an ffc)...but didn't Verizon say that their network can't handle video-chat over 3g though? After all, all the FFC phones announced at CES are LTE! Maybe we will learn more at MWC in a couple weeks!

Mojo

Reaction score
You all keep saying that the launches are going to be two close.. that is not really the case. Bionic will launch 2nd quarter and it will launch at towards the beginning of 2nd quarter. The Atrix is supposed to launch sometime in the 4th quarter. In the phone world that is a long time. Also, the Atrix and Bionic although have some simular specs.. theses devices are worlds apart. One being screen sizes.. Bionic is 4.3 while the Atrix is 4in. Also with the desktop docking modes.. makes the Atrix in its own world.. personally for me I am all kinds of excited for the things that will come this year

BGKris

Reaction score
Yes, I knew this phone would eventually come over to bed red! It was just a matter of time. It's going to be an expensive year for me, that's for sure.

Droid eris > Thunderbolt > Insert dual core phone here.

Adrozz07

Reaction score
I dunno, call me crazy, but the more I think about it the less I want to invest in a dual core phone until it launches with an OS that's optimized for dual core. If these bootloaders are getting even more locked down then the Bionic/Atrix will never see Honeycomb until they're obselete. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bug_monster

Reaction score
You all keep saying that the launches are going to be two close.. that is not really the case. Bionic will launch 2nd quarter and it will launch at towards the beginning of 2nd quarter. The Atrix is supposed to launch sometime in the 4th quarter. In the phone world that is a long time. Also, the Atrix and Bionic although have some simular specs.. theses devices are worlds apart. One being screen sizes.. Bionic is 4.3 while the Atrix is 4in. Also with the desktop docking modes.. makes the Atrix in its own world.. personally for me I am all kinds of excited for the things that will come this year

VZW's Atrix could be 3G instead of 4G. That would be another big differenciator.

Grybrd

Reaction score
I dunno, call me crazy, but the more I think about it the less I want to invest in a dual core phone until it launches with an OS that's optimized for dual core. If these bootloaders are getting even more locked down then the Bionic/Atrix will never see Honeycomb until they're obselete. Just my thoughts.

I agree ... no reason for dual core until there is an OS that supports it ... hat will probably be sometime in 2012

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

I agree ... no reason for dual core until there is an OS that supports it ... hat will probably be sometime in 2012

I think it will come at the end of this year. Ice Cream Sandwich will probably support it and if it's announced at Google I/O then manufacturers might start getting it out by the end of this year. It will probably take the existing phones forever to get it if they ever do.

J5311

Reaction score
any updates?
i found this....

looks to be on a vzw stand....
p1030900.jpg

Motorola Droid Bionic « theONbutton

52brandon

Reaction score
man I hope so. I'll hold on to my trusty droid 1 until then. I would very much prefer the smaller 4.0 over the 4.3"

miltk

Reaction score
my contract is up at the end of the year, though i really do love my droid. i have not been keeping up with the news but it seems to me incomprehensible that motorola would screw up and make the atrix exclusive to a cr@ppy provider like att as did iphone.

loki993

Reaction score
I really want this phone, but I really dont want to wait until the end of the year to get it.