Motorola Atrix Pre-Orders Already in Customers' Hands 1-Day Before Official Release

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
atrix-hand.jpg

For a few lucky individuals, Motorola Atrix pre-orders have arrived a full day ahead of their official release date in stores. We have multiple reports of people getting to 'play' with their new AT&T toys. It may not be Verizon yet, but we reported previously that it is heading to Verizon later this year, so we thought we'd share this exciting news with you guys and show off our new sister-site AtrixForums.com.

Interestingly, the Atrix already has some great hacks available for it, including full Root, and a Tethering without Root. Below is a "How-to Root" video, and below is a link on the Tethering.

[video=youtube;aCDO0_qeOY8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCDO0_qeOY8&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Motorola Atrix 4G Rooted [How-To][/video]

Tethering Instructions: [HOW TO] Tethering without ROOT.
Source: AtrixForums

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Is this the phone with the locked down boot loader?

these comments are getting old. there will still be roms. if u it not your taste move on. enough nagging

I just asked a simple question :icon_eek:

I couldn't use the AT&T version anyway but I might be interested in the Verizon one.

freshnezzz

Reaction score
Is this the phone with the locked down boot loader?

these comments are getting old. there will still be roms. if u it not your taste move on. enough nagging

I just asked a simple question :icon_eek:

I couldn't use the AT&T version anyway but I might be interested in the Verizon one.

oh my bad i though you were on here being sarcastic i apologize.

yes just like droid 2 & X bootloader will be locked. however 2 & X both have great roms. i think its an awesome phone to consider. i don't think there will be a vz version untill christmas. i can foresee some amazing hacks for that laptop and TV doc since it runs linux

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
the locked bootloader means you cannot fully unlock the potential of rooting the phone...like changing kernels...however, it appears theres a team of people on a mission to change that for the DX, and hopefully any other phone that comes locked. but with dual core and super fast solo core phones, i dont think overclocking with a new kernel is worth it, except the better battery life...but rooting and getting rid of blur should speed it up nicely anyways haha

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
Awesome my atrix is supposed to arrive 2/22 i cant wait... And my thunderbolt on the 28( or so they say)im sooo excited lol also i know its really verizon on these forums but if anyone is interested i paid 133.00 for my atrix google att promo code there is a link for $75 off att phones.

Big Lou

Reaction score
We have them sitting in boxes at my work just waiting to be given to those who needed new work phones. Ugh!!! I want one!!!