Motorola Atrix Heading to Verizon Q4 2011

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Miami, if both devices were out right now which would you pick?

Besides the Atrix having 1GB of RAM compared to the BIONIC's 512MB's, the only other differences is the BIONIC has an 8MP camera compared to the Atrix's 5MP, and the BIONIC has a 4.3' screen While the ATRIX has a 4.0' screen.

the difference in RAM isn't really a difference at all, since the extra 512 mb for the Atrix is devoted to the webtop app (at least that's my understanding). but therein lies the real difference - the Atrix has the webtop capability/feature, but the Bionic does not. it's a very cool feature, but i agree - it doesn't make much sense to launch 2 very similar phones (from the same manufacturer) within 6 months of each other.

Three the iPhone ;)

true! IF VZW gets the iPhone 5 (with dual core) in the summer (instead of beginning of '12), that's a lot of similar capabilities - can you say "overkill"??? ;)

i forgot - the Atrix also has the fingerprint reader power button security feature...

Man we'll be like James Bond!!!!!!!!

that'd be the only thing i have in common with Bond...:icon_eek:

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will Verizon add bing to this or will it be a Droid device?

Either way - I am not going to wait for it. AT&T here I come. Verizon's service really sucks here in San Antonio, TX with AT&T having nearly 3X the towers that Verizon has - with faster download speeds.

It will not be a droid for sure. They both will live on on VZW line up. I have been.considering.grabbing an.att version just to see how good it is
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

but, it will use Android OS, right??

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will Verizon add bing to this or will it be a Droid device?

Either way - I am not going to wait for it. AT&T here I come. Verizon's service really sucks here in San Antonio, TX with AT&T having nearly 3X the towers that Verizon has - with faster download speeds.

It will not be a droid for sure. They both will live on on VZW line up. I have been.considering.grabbing an.att version just to see how good it is

but, it will use Android OS, right??

Yes it will be android when it hits VZW

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
At the rate new phones are being developed the ATRIX will be a relic by Q4 2011.

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
At the rate new phones are being developed the ATRIX will be a relic by Q4 2011.

With the way it looks. that will be thier big q4 device. Q2 now is a whole other matter

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so, that must mean that the D3 (or Solana, or whatever you wanna speculate) is coming Q3...?! *stirs the pot* :rofl3:

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so, that must mean that the D3 (or Solana, or whatever you wanna speculate) is coming Q3...?! *stirs the pot* :rofl3:

Nah D3 in Q2 and for that matter the DX2 and New Incredible as well... then the Iphone 5 (lte) then othing until q4. I am sure that will change so q3 has a device or two. Remeber the Xoom is being released 3g and them lte later. So you should start saving your money cuase it looks like the first half of this year is going to be an expensive few months :icon_ banana:

back on topic : I will be getting an Atrix on ATT on release day..... I really hate waiting when I don't have to

Miami

Adrozz07

Reaction score
Soooooo, D3 you say? :) :) :) Any new info on that? Would be real juicy with a 4.0 screen.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Soooooo, D3 you say? :) :) :) Any new info on that? Would be real juicy with a 4.0 screen.

Nothing more than q2....for now.........

I am sure someone will leak something more sooon.........:)

Haloman800

Reaction score
Miami, are they scrapping the DROID BIONIC for this, or is it still planned for an April-June release?

parker34

Reaction score
Well when you find out how the D3 will compare to the Atrix and others feel free to let us know :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't wait for another pushback from vzw. I'm hoping the bionic releases the beginning of q2.

or I may jump ship for a dual core elsewhere...

*DroidForums app DOES*

EgooEspada

Reaction score

One of the only things I've heard about the Droid 3 is possibly an OMAP4 processor and stock. Wouldn't surprise me if that holds true.

So, The Droid Bionic and the Daytona both launching in the May/June timeline, then the Atrix in Q4? That seems like a waste. Its a fine device, but it'll serve no purpose on Verizon. Especially I'm sure the Droid 3 would make this phone irrelevant. lol. :wink:

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
in response to the "unfixable flaw" flap re: the Bionic, Moto said (in addition to there being no flaw) that the Bionic is "on schedule" for release at the end of Q2...

if the D3 is coming out in Q2, then it will most likely be like the DX2 - no LTE, maybe a dual core. if that's the case, i will hold on to my OG D1 until the end of the year, and see what the Atrix has to offer over the Bionic (and to make sure the Bionic isn't, in fact, flawed). for one, i still want a dual core (or T3), LTE, 4" screen, with a pkb...