Liberty Gingerbread Official Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobAbooey

Reaction score
Working fine but the phone has rebooted 3 times since it's been on. I think auto-rotation messes things up. I'll use auto-rotator and see if that helps.

Not reboots. Haven't tried auto-rotator, just leaving auto-rotation off.

Last edited:

droid_freak

Reaction score
Well other than the accounts page not working, if I am able to get to accounts when I press on facebook it doesnt do anything it

When I went from Liberty 2.0.1 to Gingerbread I had not problems with accts. Since I had to SBF and came from plain Froyo I have the same issue. Anyone else???

Scallywag1

Reaction score
I had no problems coming from leak 588 running broodcomb. Wiped, installed, then restored data from backup when accounts page wouldn't load.
So far so good.
Everything is running super smooth

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

fezrock

Reaction score
Stock Gallery won't recognize hosts to upload photos to. But the 3D cooliris Gallery works fine.

Circular screen unlock, pretty-please!?

majorcovert

Reaction score
This ROM is tops. The only problem I see right now is Accounts in settings crashes. Other than that. This ROM is clean compared to others. Best out there. And in my opinion the most stable with the least amount of errors. The Calendar syncs properly, the photo album loads from the Camera. I like this ROM. This ROM is actually a ROM instead of something being flashed that is just deodexing and removing software and adding some. As long as you are running the Gingerbread Kernel this can be installed on top of anything. You don't have to be running full stock GB. I went from the Lexlite 4.1 to this without a hitch. I was going to have to reinstall stock gingerbread to install LL 4.2. And to me that is not a ROM.

Team Liberty is awesome. You make the Droid X worth keeping.

Keep it up JRummy. I think I'll have to donate to you again. I ran out of Android market software to buy from you so I guess it is time to start investing in cold hard cash.

chefb

Reaction score
Im late to the party(as usual) but do you need the new toolbox cuz I don't see a link for liberty ginger?

SplicedX

Reaction score
I'm on a clean install coming from liberty 2 and it seems that the ad blocker does not function properly.

DThomp

Reaction score
Im late to the party(as usual) but do you need the new toolbox cuz I don't see a link for liberty ginger?

Yes, its in the donate toolbox.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've run into a couple bugs so far it seems

Whenever I open Accounts under settings it immediately closes

Also, is the Moto Blur GB App Drawer not included on this release, because it would be great to have on this ROM

Edit: Other bug fixed, just had to wait a long time for Backup and Restore to finish during initial setup

When I finish this first-boot customization app I will put in the option to choose adw launcher, blur home & launcher2 as well as every blur option.

For account's, I had the issue, thought I fixed it but still see people with it. What happened is that you need an app called Setup.apk to have the accounts option. The Setup.apk also puts 3 ugly unnecessary icons in your app drawer. I changed the androidManifest but also had to remove the shared User id which caused the issue accessing it. Again, I thought I fixed it but I guess it still is buggy. I will check it out again. Thanks.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
UNBELIEVABLY FAST. Donating again this friday..Thanks for all this so far.
Edit: Wanted to share my quad score. I know its not reliable but its 200 faster than any other GB rom I've tried so far at the same OC speeds WOOOHOO guys good start.

On that side note.

When I go to install the bootstrap inside liberty toolbox (Donate if that matters) the phone just fast boots itself.

Edit: Noticed another, in the liberty settings in the GB settings menu under overclocking, when I went to set the governor's it force closed. But it looks like the setting has taken :)
Edit: Also noticed 2nd posting for the accounts page closing. Was able to smash the button at the bottom fast enough to input my other accounts lol.

All on .1

Lol

Yeah, I think gingerbread broke my install bootstrap option. But, bootstrap already installs with the rom. Still need to fix it though.

I will check out the governor and I am aware of the accounts being weird. Thanks for the report :)

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I installed over froyo. Bootstrap doesn't work. Screen goes black. Tried it twice and had to do a battery pull both times. Prob going back to froyo until I can get themes on gb. Some of the icons in the toolbox wont install as well. The liberty market icon is one. Can't install anything from the rom manager bc it freezes in boot up like I noted above.

Bootstrap installs with the rom so no need to reinstall it. Something went weird with droid x bootstrap and it no longer works on gingerbread. Either just don't install bootstrap (the rom installs it) or use Droid 2 bootstrap. That will fix the reboot and blank screen.

saywhaa

Reaction score
im a lurker most time but have had all of your ROMS jrummy and if i had more then 2 thumbs to put up i would. great job and great job keeping on top of things! like stated above the accounts is the only bug i have had a problem with, besides that its flawless. hope a fix is soon which im sure there is. keep up the good work jrummy!

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
LOL...there's already junk in this thread.

Build: the first one?
Mods: none, so fresh and so clean clean.

-Anyways, None of the apps that I've tried to download through ROM Manager have succeeded (black twitter, fb, dolphin hd, etc). They didn't FC like the other post. They all give me "Application not installed." Or "error 404" which I didn't have on froyo 2.0.1.
-"Schedular" is still misspelled lol it's "Scheduler."
-Redundant options in Liberty Settings as opposed to regular settings (Restore Apps feature) is available twice.
-Contacts sync great (ref'ing other thread), but the Accounts tab won't load.
-Cam/corder: no advanced editing like in stock froyo (might just be GB in general)
-Power down options? There's no "reboot" option in the power down menu. Will this be implemented?
- voice command app isn't very good. I tried 5 times to "open battery info" and it tried to call my contacts whose names sounded nothing like what I said. Is this Android regression? It worked way better on froyo..
-Two galleries? "motorola.gallery" and "cooliris.media." Can we get rid of one of those b/c it's clutter.

I never used GB before this so I'm not sure which of these are related to the build or the OS itself, so I apologize if they have nothing to do with you!

Need to fix the apps in rom manager. Someone else offered to do them and I never got the time to check them all out.

Thanks, I'll correct my bad spelling :)

Accounts tab already answered in posts above

Working on reboot option in power down still

No idea on the voice command stuff :p

Media gallery was meant for camera to open pics.. I will remove it from selecting wallpapers

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So, I used the froyo to gingerbread liberty to liberty update zip from the rom manager, and everything went well. No problems, except that it took a long time (but I'm blaming the server for that).

Build, tonight's build, can't see the version number right now.
Droid x, (big surprise)
Started updating around 9 pm pst, it's currently 4:30 am, yeesh. Problem was that I would get a successful install/update, and cancel the google restore. downloaded the liberty tools from the market, and restart the phone.
Go into liberty tools and use restore apps and data. Zeam recovered the home pages, but couldn't recover the widgets (expected behavior), but would force close when trying to remove items from a homescreen. This prompted another reboot. Sticks at boot animation, forcing battery pull to recover. I recovered, and tried the exact same thing again, and it reproduced. Weird.

Edited to add:
This apparently also leaves it in a state where it can't boot into recovery mode.
From powered off:
Hold power and home.
See Liberty, and release power button
Wait a few moments.
The phone does a short vibrate, then shows a black screen.
Liberty comes back up for a while again, then vibrate and black screen.

So I don't know if my backup is bad, or if there is something wrong with the apps I have backed up, but it would seem that restoring apps and their data is a bad idea right now.

I'm guessing you restored your app data too which would cause issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.