Liberty Gingerbread Official Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
.588 Leak -> Liberty GB

I had to boot into recovery after bootloop. Factory reset, and everything was fine.

I don't know if it is the ADW Launcher, or the 270 degree rotation on GB that is screwing with the dock icons, but something is messing with any replaced dock icons when you rotate homescreen. I set screen rotation to portrait in ADW Settings to avoid for now.

On a side note, I noticed that jrummy is putting in the option for different launchers for later builds, including the Blur Launcher. I love the streamlined ADW for Liberty (so snappy & smooth) but I feel like I cannot live without the new Blur app drawer. The groups feature is worth it entirely in my opinion.

So my question is, is there any way to run ADW as your proper launcher, and build in the Blur app drawer of awesomeness?

Thanks

Workaround for blur drawer:

http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/g.../24261-confirmed-working-gingerbread-fun.html

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dsManning

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick link. However, it seems that this version of ADW is different. There is no 'Add Group' option after you longpress on homescreen and add 'Shortcut'. I understand that even if this was here, the Blur app drawer is not included in this build.

Also interestingly enough, I have found that this version of ADW does not allow you to use a custom image as your launcher background. Any ideas?

Thanks

fox_dye

Reaction score
Crt animation stopped working for me...anybody know why?

Make sure animation setting in spare parts is on normal. If it's on anything else the crt animation won't work

Sent from a galaxy far far away........

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick link. However, it seems that this version of ADW is different. There is no 'Add Group' option after you longpress on homescreen and add 'Shortcut'. I understand that even if this was here, the Blur app drawer is not included in this build.

Also interestingly enough, I have found that this version of ADW does not allow you to use a custom image as your launcher background. Any ideas?

Thanks

Dur... Sorry I didn't think that through lol I was in class. As for the dock bg, that's only available on ADW EX. I had issues with liberty gb and ended up sbf'ing twice (granted it wasn't all liberty's fault) so I'm waiting for a few bugs to be worked out before I give it another shot.

I did email the adw dev a when the first gb leak came out about adding the new drawer to adw, he didn't seem too interested... maybe if a few more ppl show interest... (hint hint) lol

suckamucka

Reaction score
Wallpaper

When trying to go to wallpaper, FC

If you go thru gallery and select image, then choose to set as wallpaper, FC

dsManning

Reaction score
Yeah, although it would be fantastic, I doubt any dev will include Moto's drawer directly in their app. However, a straightforward way to override using another drawer should not be out of the question.

Thanks again Dr. Carpenter

Smack77

Reaction score
Please let me know if I'm the only one with this issue. When I click on a phone number in a Google search or choose one I put into my calendar it brings me to the phone dial screen, but doesn't input the number. The number field is blank.

Thanks
Shane

maximumpower

Reaction score
I just installed Full GB 0.1 nightly from Froyo. Upon first boot, it start downloading apps but then stopped. It says it is downloading but nothing happens. I rebooted but still no good. I cleared market cache but now it is saying download unsuccessful, one by one. But then the market thinks it is downloaded even though the app is not installed.

Smack77

Reaction score
Open bootstrapper and clear cache and wipe data again. Even though it seems like nothing is downloading it is, just be patient with the reinstall of apps. It had me wondering the same thing this morning and I then started to notice that apps were getting installed without the download ever showing anything.

Reaction score
Very very sorry if this has been said before but I'm getting some weird activity from my LED notification. It will blink very very quickly every time I turn my screen on or get back onto my home screen from a reboot. It is also not blinking for handcent, don't know if this is gingerbreads, liberty's, or handcents fault just thought I'd put my two cents in on what I thought was a little weird. Otherwise everything is good sans a few problemsalready known!

zZvaNyaZz

Reaction score
Guys...is crt animation working for most of you cause it's not for me...

maximumpower

Reaction score
Open bootstrapper and clear cache and wipe data again. Even though it seems like nothing is downloading it is, just be patient with the reinstall of apps. It had me wondering the same thing this morning and I then started to notice that apps were getting installed without the download ever showing anything.
Thanks for the reply. I cleared market cache and market data. I rebooted into bootstrap, cleared cache and Dalvik cache as well as did a factory reset/wipe data. After going through the initial setup, the market does not download anything and is now one by one saying my installs are unsuccessful.

friguy3

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on if you can send video mms? In froyo you needed to have (I think) the blur gallery and the blur text app so they little box pops up and says the video file is too big you need to edit it, then you edit it so its small enough and there ya go. I tried the froyo liberty but it just never worked right lked it did in apex. I liked the blur "stuff" like that and the contact widgets so dont wanna try it if its not there. TIA!

towboy123

Reaction score
Ive got a bunch of problems
Coming from 588 GB to Liberty

Never could install the GB to Liberty from the toolbox everytime I have had to flash from Clockwork

Facebook Contacts won't sync
TapaTalk says "padblock corrupted" then stays in processing.
Ive had the settings Force Close
I had root come unrooted which caused many problems.

As of now I flashed back to GB
Clock Work wiped
factory wiped
Clock Work wiped
Clock Work wiped
Flashed from GB to Liberty in Clockwork
Sync with Gmail
Backup
install accounts and fresh data
backup
install apps
Backup
I'm afriad to do anything else

Also my Quadrant scores are lower than on GB 2200>1900 I had 1 score of 1084 though I dont trust these recent scores as it is very smooth and very fast

Status
Not open for further replies.