Liberty Gingerbread Official Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

oo3

Reaction score
I was able to get accounts working on the new version by wiping data/cache, then installing 0.3 version.

mbjr

Reaction score
Web browser still not passing phone number to phone, it start phone with no number. I'm on .3.

mp3ster

Reaction score
The one major thing i have noticed is that with the Droid X overclock app installed i get frequent reboots. Pretty much every time i open any software that requires root.

Last edited:

djstnick

Reaction score
Swype issues

I'm on .3, and i noticed this for the first time when running car home with my car dock. When in landscape mode, swype appears almost 100% transparent when typing something. The only icon that showed up was the swype button on the keyboard. Once i took the phone out of the car dock, swype appeared to work properly, but when i hit the symbols button, the keyboard image of the qwerty keyboard remained, but i was able to use the symbols i needed just by remembering where they were.

Later, swype forced closed, and then it started working properly again.

majorcovert

Reaction score
I tried it two ways this morning. Once flashing right over v0.1 and once wiping cache and data.

When I flashed over v0.1 it deleted the accounts in settings. But when I wiped everything accounts in settings showed up.

preusstang

Reaction score
Accounts: Works!

Facebook: No go under accounts and the facebook app can not sync application contact info.

MOTOBLUR: ???? Um why? There doesn't even seem to have widgets or any social functions. Just the setup app which you can't even register for! Interesting indeed...

PullDown Editor: Doesn't seem to work after the update. So I will represent the Liberty GB banner for now.

Sent from my DROIDX

v0.1 -> v0.3 (wiped data/cache/Dalvik Cache)

Accounts: working
Contact details: working
Pulldown bar editor: working

also confused about the motoblur setup app. any explanations yet?

BUGS:

1. Trying to enable Stagefright options results in
Error: build property not supported for your device

2. Email app still has messed up icons. Click options button in inbox and see that reload button doesn't say reload but has a weird unrelated bell icon, compose button has no icon. When viewing an email, push options, the mark unread button is a phone with double quotes and no text? In compose mode push options, the add CC/BCC option is a little messed up too.

3. what is Email Engine 2.3.3? blur email? im confused

----------------------------------------

Inquiries:

can someone please explain to me (briefly) why blur alarm and cameras are here (and gallery?)?

----------------------------------------

all in all, good ROM, im happy. A+ Jrummy, thank you much :greendroid:

saywhaa

Reaction score
wiped and installed 0.3, linking accounts works but there is no selection for facebook... all my numbers are from facebook so any help would be great.

also how come the notification bar still shows liberty GB v0.1 if its actually 0.3?

Last edited:

jdhas

Reaction score
Last edited:

saywhaa

Reaction score
wiped and installed 0.3, linking accounts works but there is no selection for facebook... all my numbers are from facebook so any help would be great.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/143350-liberty-gingerbread-fixes.html#post1479712

also how come the notification bar still shows liberty GB v0.1 if its actually 0.3?

Twitter

thanks, i got it to pull up the facebook account but it would not pop up on the front screen where it shows you which accounts are linked...

this one fixed it, thanks again.

PhishPhan

Reaction score
AAAAHHHHH!

Has anyone had an issues with .3 will not flash?
I get through the download (3 times now to be sure file is not corrupt), it will run the installer in recovery - or so it seems, but when I get back into Liberty its all still reporting .1 and I am not noticing any changes.
Tried several times, with and without wipes. I don't usually have this much trouble with a ROM install (well, cept for Obsidian - darn phone would just not take it)
I have even tried flashing manualy from clockwork and not the toolbox - to no avail.

WTF am i missing here?

bluskyline21

Reaction score
Not sure if this is GB or LGB-related but it's definitely one of the 2. Ever since installing the first 0.1 build, in the long-press widget menu for the homescreen, it lists ALL widget options for every widget installed. It's like this for every launcher I use (ADW, ADW-EX, LPP). On froyo it was actually organized and listed the widget once, and the other options when u click on it.

Again, GB or LGB?

jdhas

Reaction score
AAAAHHHHH!

Has anyone had an issues with .3 will not flash?
I get through the download (3 times now to be sure file is not corrupt), it will run the installer in recovery - or so it seems, but when I get back into Liberty its all still reporting .1 and I am not noticing any changes.
Tried several times, with and without wipes. I don't usually have this much trouble with a ROM install (well, cept for Obsidian - darn phone would just not take it)
I have even tried flashing manualy from clockwork and not the toolbox - to no avail.

WTF am i missing here?

This has been covered a few times in this thread already:

See jrummy's tweet about it.

jdhas

Reaction score
Not sure if this is GB or LGB-related but it's definitely one of the 2. Ever since installing the first 0.1 build, in the long-press widget menu for the homescreen, it lists ALL widget options for every widget installed. It's like this for every launcher I use (ADW, ADW-EX, LPP). On froyo it was actually organized and listed the widget once, and the other options when u click on it.

Again, GB or LGB?

This is neither GB or LGB, and stock Froyo actually doesn't do this this either. The app you're talking about is "appwidgetpicker". It's been built into most ROMs (definitely Liberty), so you're probably used to it being "stock" on Froyo if you flash a lot of ROMs (go ahead and SBF Froyo if you don't believe me).

You can find the app at XDA here. As the instructions say, you don't install it like a normal app -- you need to "push" it to your system/app folder with ADB or Root Explorer. Any other questions about the app should, of course, be directed to that thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.