Liberty Gingerbread Official Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhishPhan

Reaction score
I hope this isn't a double post either .....

I couldn't seem to find anything about restoring from Liberty GB to another GB ROM (and back). Seem that if I do, the other ROM just FC's on everything or bootloops. Only way Ive been able to run 2 ROMs is to sbf out of Liberty, and redo the TBH GB leak, restore my nandroid to the other GB ROM. If I try to go from another GB ROM into Liberty, all hell breaks loose this way too. Have I missed a post on this? Has anyone experienced this and found a way around it?

EDIT:
I have also noticed that although "setup accounts" has been added back in - When I select FB - nothing happens.

Last edited:

mastamind

Reaction score
Ok I have the newest liberty rom on my phone along with the UD theme and I can not figure out how to put a signature on my messaging for my txts plzz help?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

preusstang

Reaction score
UPDATE:

wow somehow this slipped my earlier bug report (v0.3)

BUGS:

contacts is severely corrupted still. tapping a contact or their picture closes the window much like the (old) accounts bug. long pressing and selecting view or edit contact does the same thing.

"Add Contact" also closes the window.

"Display Options" also closes the window

"More" in the options menu pulls up a menu with an empty entry while also displaying the "My info" button which closes the menu too.

"Settings" is selectable from "More" in options but also closes the window.

Someone please verify this on their version because no one else has posted about this and I believe it is a pretty big issue.

PhishPhan

Reaction score
UPDATE:

BUGS:

contacts is severely corrupted still. tapping a contact or their picture closes the window much like the (old) accounts bug. long pressing and selecting view or edit contact does the same thing.

"More" in the options menu pulls up a menu with an empty entry while also displaying the "My info" button which closes the menu too.

Someone please verify this on their version because no one else has posted about this and I believe it is a pretty big issue.

I am not having these issues at all. Well, I do have the blank button in the more sub menu, but everything works as expected. Sorry to not be able to replicate.

jdhas

Reaction score
UPDATE:

BUGS:

I haven't seen anything like this in LGB .3.

Fabyloso

Reaction score
UPDATE:

BUGS:

He/she most likely did not wipe data/cache. I had those issues when I first installed v.3 over v.1. I then re-downloaded v.3, and then wiped, now LGB v.3 with gilly336's facebook patch is champ Droid X Rom.

preusstang

Reaction score
UPDATE:

BUGS:

He/she most likely did not wipe data/cache. I had those issues when I first installed v.3 over v.1. I then re-downloaded v.3, and then wiped, now LGB v.3 with gilly336's facebook patch is champ Droid X Rom.

He. lol

but anywho, I wiped data / cache and then Dalvik Cache going from v0.1 -> v0.3

i might also mention that I had this same issue on v0.1 which i came to from v2.0.1 with just a wipe data / cache.

I also experience a similarly unique problem with my email app (icons all messed up in every option menu [inbox, reading a message, and compose modes], i mentioned this a page or 2 ago)

thanks for everyones input. fo sho

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
So, I was having serious problems with the "turning phone on and just getting a black screen, forcing a battery pull" issue mentioned earlier by others and myself in this thread. I ended up just SBF'ing back to the .340 Froyo stock build. I wiped data and cache 5 times, then did it. Installed Liberty 2.0.1, and I'm still having that problem, but not as often. Anyone know why? Nothing else is different from before I went to the Liberty GB .1 release. I was on Liberty 2.0.1 and everything was fine. The fact that I wiped data/cache/dalvik cache 4 times each and SBF'd then went straight to Liberty 2.0.1 and I'm still having this problem which I never saw until I tried Liberty GB .1 is really concerning me. It has happened three times today already. My phone is not reliable right now. I think I'll wipe a bunch more and try going to GB again then getting the .3 update and see if the problem goes away.

Anyone know why a GB-introduced problem would still be happening after wiping thoroughly and SBF'ing back to Froyo? I don't know if it happened in stock Froyo, as I was only on it long enough to install Liberty 2.0.1, so it could be a Liberty 2.0.1 issue that I just never had before, but that doesn't seem likely...

rudydroid

Reaction score
my titanium is working fine since I flashed gb. always has (once I figured out how to delete apps I no longer wanted.)

droid x on liberty gingerbread v0.1

Are you talking about just regular GB or Liberty GB? Cause Titanium worked fine for me on GB too (first leak), until I just recently upgraded to LGB..

Anyone know if there any apps you need to deselect in restore that might not interact well with the new LGB and cause problems? Would like to try and find out before I go restoring over 400 apps+app data files, especially when I see some people posting that it gave them massive problems forcing an sbf

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Sorry, yes, on liberty gingerbread v0.3

running liberty gingerbread v0.3, slightly oc'd

damasta22

Reaction score
Does anyone know why battery life on liberty gb is so much worse than on stock rooted gb? Specifically the phone overheats when using 3g. Anybody have a fix?

reuuin88

Reaction score
3g constant streaming has always been pretty roughing the battery. Any data to back up your problem?? How are you using your 3g/ screen shots of battery/CPU usage. I can normally get 8 to 15 hours out of my moderate play. But heavy usage / downloading is only about half that. I see no differences in battery life on LGB than on 2.0.1 myself. But I will say I did have an issue where my phone was staying ay a relatively higher temperature, so maybe it is something the team could look into. 3g data -----> heat??

TheWolfe

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a bug or intended but as long as the screen is on the keys are lit and they only shut off once the screens shuts off. Maybe I missed an option somewhere and didn't know it. Also, things can get extremely laggy at times for no real reason.

damasta22

Reaction score
I meant 2.3.3 not 2.0.1. And yeah after like 5 minutes of 3g use the temp goes up to 105

maximumpower

Reaction score
So, I was having serious problems with the "turning phone on and just getting a black screen, forcing a battery pull" issue mentioned earlier by others and myself in this thread. I ended up just SBF'ing back to the .340 Froyo stock build. I wiped data and cache 5 times, then did it. Installed Liberty 2.0.1, and I'm still having that problem, but not as often. Anyone know why? Nothing else is different from before I went to the Liberty GB .1 release. I was on Liberty 2.0.1 and everything was fine. The fact that I wiped data/cache/dalvik cache 4 times each and SBF'd then went straight to Liberty 2.0.1 and I'm still having this problem which I never saw until I tried Liberty GB .1 is really concerning me. It has happened three times today already. My phone is not reliable right now. I think I'll wipe a bunch more and try going to GB again then getting the .3 update and see if the problem goes away.

Anyone know why a GB-introduced problem would still be happening after wiping thoroughly and SBF'ing back to Froyo? I don't know if it happened in stock Froyo, as I was only on it long enough to install Liberty 2.0.1, so it could be a Liberty 2.0.1 issue that I just never had before, but that doesn't seem likely...
I am not 100% sure this is the same problem but whenever I reboot Liberty GB (either .1 or .3) I will have to pull the battery if I let the screen turn off without first setting the launcher default.

My workaround is to turn on the phone, and without letting the screen turn off, go into settings->applications->manage applications and find ADW (which is what I am using right now). Clear the default, press the home button and it will ask me which app to use to complete action. I choose ADW and make sure to check "make default".

It will be fine until I reboot again.

There are some apps on the market that are supposed to fix it. I tried moto home fix and home switcher but I still have the issue.

Is a pain to have to do every boot up but I want to stay on LGB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.