Kernels, Get Your Kernels, RED HOT Kernels! - Sapphire - 0.7.0

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have just now (within 2 minutes) moved to the new kernels just released but I pulled my phone off charger 9 hours ago and still had 50% left.
this is inline with what I got with 2.1 releases.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anyone try the blue energy theme by roberj13. Where i can see screen shots im curious?

Also just noticed this app is now in Rom manager
done BE, redline, and purple passions. I am currently on purple passion and even though not specific for v7 it seems to work right.
roberj's stuff is great.

xfireguru

Reaction score
has anyone else noticed higher temps with the new kernels? I've tried a couple at both voltages and my phone is running noticeably hotter with just moderate use.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
has anyone else noticed higher temps with the new kernels? I've tried a couple at both voltages and my phone is running noticeably hotter with just moderate use.

what are all your profiles in set CPU?

Sent from my Droid

bigsal82

Reaction score
Anyone try the blue energy theme by roberj13. Where i can see screen shots im curious?

done BE, redline, and purple passions. I am currently on purple passion and even though not specific for v7 it seems to work right.
roberj's stuff is great.

Thanks gonna give it a shot in a minute. Say i dont like the theme for whatever reason. How do you go back to stock? I never tried a theme before.

Quantify

Reaction score
Just applied the gapps update and flashed a new kernel. Running great so far.

Ditto for me. I took a look at the update...looks like all new .apks, so I installed...went fine. Also installed the 800mhz LV kernel, which appears to be working fine.

As an additional datapoint...battery life seems to be fantastic. went 8 hours with moderate usage, still had 70% battery left. Woohoo!

Mikejl

Reaction score
.... Call it placebo if you like, but the ROM install did not work well (on my phone) without 2 wipes. And I tried 3 times because I know enough about how computers (should) work to laugh at the idea 2 wipes being better than 1 somehow.

There is enough (random seeming) variations in how our different phones handle these things that I don't think you can call it placebo just because you never had to wipe twice to get Froyo working on your phone. It makes no sense, I agree, but it was also my experience.

Experience, of course, isn't scientific testing. Its enough of a pattern for me (I tried 3 times to install Froyo with one wipe and the first time I wiped twice it worked. Twice.) that I shrugged and said "Whatever gets the d@mn thing working."

Fair enough.

Although, I don't call it a placebo effect because I don't have to wipe twice, but because I understand what "Wiping" is doing to the cache partition. There are several options that wipe has. The fastest wipe and the one I believe is probably used, just erases pointers to the data.

So the way I look at it, unless the first wipe just didn't run, the second is unnecessary.

Also, I see this advice is given to people whether they use Rom Manager or SP Recovery.

Now I'm not a Linux expert so maybe there is a flaw in the wipe utility makes it unreliable. I do know that in the 20 years I've been in IT I've never had to do two quick formats on a drive.

Mike

Last edited:

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

roberj's stuff is great.

Thanks gonna give it a shot in a minute. Say i dont like the theme for whatever reason. How do you go back to stock? I never tried a theme before.

Just do a back up before you install the theme. If you dont like it, restore the back up

bigsal82

Reaction score
roberj's stuff is great.

Just do a back up before you install the theme. If you dont like it, restore the back up

Yea thats a good idea. I didnt think of it. This is a pretty solid rom im impressed with it so far.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Very nice!! Excited that I can finally go back to 1.1ghz and with this ROM it should FLY!!!!

Is there an advantage of running 1.2ghz vs 1.0 ghz?? I've been running 1.2ghz but I read somewhere that its an over kill. Will i save more battery life running at 1.0ghz or just crank it up to 1.2ghz dancedroid

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I have mine cranked up to 1200/550

Device spends more time in the 550 slot.

Last time I checked I was at 64,xxx in the 550 slot versus 16,xxx in the 1200 slot.

I will see the effect if any on battery as the day progresses but so far heat has been kept in check.

Sent from my Droid