Kernels, Get Your Kernels, RED HOT Kernels! - Sapphire - 0.7.0

serveitup911

Reaction score
What is different about the custom kernels and P3's regular froyo kernels?

Thanks for the bug fix update.zip! What all does it fix? I'm guessing network location, and voice search, but were there other things also?

I applied the update and was worried at first because on reboot, I had to dismiss the box asking my consent to use google location 5 times. I was worried that it would be an endless loop, but all is good. The news and weather widget picked up my location right away.

I had already manually fixed the voice search, and now when I try to initiate voice search, I get an immediate force close. I will try the same fix again.

EDIT: It still force closes :(
What should I try next?

EDIT AGAIN: I chmodded the voicesearch.apk to 644 and it still force closes.

Last edited:

bigsal82

Reaction score
i decided to give this a shot. I installed everything in the OP along with one of P3 kernels 1000 lv and every time i get to the sign in screen i get force close loop. If anyone cares to chime in on whats wrong or what i did wrong that would be nice. For now i went back to CM6 alpha. Just thought i would give this a shot.

I also tried the standard Volt kernel. Should i not have tried it with a kernel from the initial install?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i decided to give this a shot. I installed everything in the OP along with one of P3 kernels 1000 lv and every time i get to the sign in screen i get force close loop. If anyone cares to chime in on whats wrong or what i did wrong that would be nice. For now i went back to CM6 alpha. Just thought i would give this a shot.
The stock kernel in the ROM is itself a P3 1000mhz LV kernel. No need to flash it over the ROM.

Try installing (after wiping) and don't flash the kernel over it.

52brandon

Reaction score
did you wipe?

bigsal82

Reaction score
The stock kernel in the ROM is itself a P3 1000mhz LV kernel. No need to flash it over the ROM.

Try installing (after wiping) and don't flash the kernel over it.

did you wipe?

thanks ill give that a shot.. Yea i did wipe. Ill redo it and see what happens

It still does the force close loop.. im gonna try to do the rom only than the market fix

Edit: that worked. I needed to install the rom by itself first im signing in now. Ill do the other fixes after im set up.

Last edited:

serveitup911

Reaction score
I rebooted and it appears that I'm going to have to consent to use google's location services on every boot. I had to accept twice this time.

I completely removed voice search from /system/app and /data/data.
Now I'm going to run the update fix again.

EDIT: Still force closing.

Hopefully cvpcs or sniffle can chime in.

EDIT: New problem - My google account is gone, and I have no option to re-add a google account.

I'm going to restore to my last backup.

Last edited:

PJnc284

Reaction score
Is anyone getting app updates in the market? I find it hard to believe that I wouldn't have an update since flashing this.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
kernel and Gapps update when flawless on my end

xfireguru

Reaction score
Just applied the gapps update and flashed a new kernel. Running great so far.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bigsal82

Reaction score
Everythin seems fine only the market didnt download the apps for me.. Titanium is restoring some and rebooting when trying others for some reason. Looks like i gotta do one app at a time but it Does boot up really fast.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well I was ready to forgo froyo due to battery life until, at roberj13 suggestion, I tried this rm.
battery life is doubled over BB with same speed kernel,
well done guys.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
well I was ready to forgo froyo due to battery life until, at roberj13 suggestion, I tried this rm.
battery life is doubled over BB with same speed kernel,
well done guys.

Whats your battery life with this compared to BB. I've been switching back and fourth between these 2 roms to figure out which one is has better battery life. Since the new kernel came out for this, Ima run this for a few days to compare unless a new Rom comes out dancedroid

bigsal82

Reaction score
Anyone try the blue energy theme by roberj13. Where i can see screen shots im curious?

Also just noticed this app is now in Rom manager