or airplane mode did nothing ...I hope the update is coming

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

You and me both.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Just tried to root and failed both ways. Petes one click root and R3L3AS3DRoot.

R3L3AS3DRoot installed Superuser but it keeps saying my SU binary is out of date. When I click it to update it force closes.

Still no other updates to 5.7.893

I might try and reset the phone to factory, root and see if the update comes back. If it does see if it breaks root. Any ideas?

Last edited:

wooddale

Reaction score
Just tried to root and failed both ways. Petes one click root and R3L3AS3DRoot.

R3L3AS3DRoot installed Superuser but it keeps saying my SU binary is out of date. When I click it to update it force closes.

Still no other updates to 5.7.893

I might try and reset the phone to factory, root and see if the update comes back. If it does see if it breaks root. Any ideas?
Makes sense its not stock5.5.886 are you gonna try the one clicl back to stock it eorked for me to get back from 893

welsalex

Reaction score
I have the leaked 5.7.893 updated directly from the STOCK version.

In the IMAGE posted from the OP I see the two differences are the system version is 5.5.893 (not 5.7.893) and the Baseband version of my device ends in .02 (not .01) and also the letters in my version LTEDC_U are capitals (not lower case like the picture)

So I'm reading this and (of course all speculation and what the OP claims) I'm reading that the leaked 5.7.893 SHOULD be in the path for receiving ICS?????? This is an unoffical offical update (the leaked 5.7.893) and should be compatible? Whats the story? Ugh, I thought I had distanced myseld from thinking about this, and now it all comes back.... the anxiety over updates lol

ripper2860

Reaction score
I have the leaked 5.7.893 updated directly from the STOCK version.

In the IMAGE posted from the OP I see the two differences are the system version is 5.5.893 (not 5.7.893) and the Baseband version of my device ends in .02 (not .01) and also the letters in my version LTEDC_U are capitals (not lower case like the picture)

So I'm reading this and (of course all speculation and what the OP claims) I'm reading that the leaked 5.7.893 SHOULD be in the path for receiving ICS?????? This is an unoffical offical update (the leaked 5.7.893) and should be compatible? Whats the story? Ugh, I thought I had distanced myseld from thinking about this, and now it all comes back.... the anxiety over updates lol

The screenshot is of the OPs CURRENT 5.5.583 -- he has not received the Moto stated 5.7.583 yet. Therefore we cannot compare the 5.7.583's yet.

welsalex

Reaction score
(This is all assuming this is for reals and offical)

OP gets offical OTA to 5.5.893 to normal intended way. Then calls MOTO. They say he should have 5.7.893 (yet doesn't) and then they tell him that 5.7.893 is going to be the finally jump off point to ICS. Man I wish MOTO would just tell us. Stupid. Stupid. and more Stupid. What is the sense in holding back the information?

wilkster

Reaction score
Camoxjeep, Check your external sd card and see if there is a zip file starting with Blur.... The update could have detected a file being placed there.

OP
Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
ok, I one clicked restore, root and forever rooted. so now I'm back to 5.5.886 LOL lets see if the update comes back....................and the wait begins:icon_ banana:

wooddale

Reaction score
ok, I one clicked restore, root and forever rooted. so now I'm back to 5.5.886 LOL lets see if the update comes back....................and the wait begins:icon_ banana:
So you were able to obtain root that way let us no what happens

welsalex

Reaction score

you might have to do the date/time trick. set your phone to 2013 or something and also 12:30am (disable the auto time.date thing too) that should trigger and update check. IT worked with my bros Dinc.

OP
Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
ok, installed root explorer and titanium backup. There both showing root. But when I try to restore thru TiBu it doenst show anything. I made a complete backup before I restored the old phone. I installed the sim card and SDcard from old phone into this one. When I view the phone thru my computer (usb mass storage) I can see in folder clockworkmod a folder that has a backup folder with 4 seperate backups. I was running purity base 2.5.
So why cant I see my backups?
Also, when I took screenshots of my old phone with the screenshot app I had the screenshots on my sd card but they are no longer there. When you restore your phone and it uninstalls an app does it also take everything associated with it on the sdcard?

Thanks

ripper2860

Reaction score
Try Launching TiBackup and once loaded, press the MENU soft-key on the phone and choose PREFERENCES. Scroll Down to and select BACKUP FOLDER LOCATION. Press the DETECT button on the screen. This will cause TIBackup to scan all areas including the internal and external SD card and locate the backup files locations. If they are there, it will find them. You then need to tell it to USE that folder.

OP
Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
ok thanks for at least getting me on the right track. your method didnt work but if you launch tibu and soft menu key, click on more, go down to extract from cwm backup, pick the one you want, select missing apps, then click on radio button-app+data, the only select up to 5 apps at a time or they will not restore. have to finish in the am as I'm tired and ready for bed.