Just got an OTA from Moto this am

ripper2860

Reaction score
yes, when I talked to the moto rep this morning he said that the current update is 5.7.893. I asked him why mine just updated to 5.5.893 from 5.5.886 and he was checking his system for a minute and came back and said "my phone number" shows I should be on 5.7.893. So that tells me that yes they know who they send it out to according to phone numbers. I again asked him why mine doesnt say 5.7 then and he just stated I am updated to the new update.
He then stated that we will be getting ICS next but didnt give a date. I asked him so once 5.7.893 is out that ICS in next and he said yes.

Take it for what its worth, I'm just repeating what our conversation was.

A couple days ago I talked to verizon and the tech 2 rep told me that the last update didnt work so the engineers pulled it and was working on the latest update. So again that tells me that the original leaked updates were to actually see if they worked or not before they officially release something.

I never signed up for any soak tests or anything.

Well if that is correct, then there will be a lot of HAPPY folks that applied the 5.7.893 leak and have been agonizing over how they can roll-back the kernel. Not sure where that leaves the 5.8.X.XXX folks, however.

haupman

Reaction score
OP - is your phone actually rooted and you received an OTA update through Cheesecake without realizing it?

rdgxray

Reaction score
I am a soak tester and we are supposed to be notified by email before the update is pushed to us for testing. I have received no email or update. I don't think they would release it before the 2 day soak test they have planned.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am a soak tester and we are supposed to be notified by email before the update is pushed to us for testing. I have received no email or update. I don't think they would release it before the 2 day soak test they have planned.

Could it be as simple as his newly received CLNR phone was on the soak list when the previous owner had it?

wooddale

Reaction score
Very interesting wonder whats really up. Im sure he is not lying unless he is really good at croping photos. You dont supose he got a phone that was rooted (cheesecake) and thats where it came from like the other guy said I read before Verizon doesnt do a real good job of cking phones out when they are returned.

OP
Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
OP - is your phone actually rooted and you received an OTA update through Cheesecake without realizing it?

Did you not read the posts? I am not rooted, this phone is a replacement I just got yesterday, I just pulled it out of the box this morning and turned it on. I checked sys version and it said 5.5.886. After about 20 minutes of me reinstalling my apps on the "new" phone it popped up and asked me if I wanted the update. I originally thought it was an update for market because that is what I was in at the time. I clicked yes and the phone booted down, downloaded whatever and restarted. I checked sys version and it said 5.5.893. I called verizon and they gave me a phone number to moto which I called and I already posted what was said in our conversation.

OP
Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Very interesting wonder whats really up. Im sure he is not lying unless he is really good at croping photos. You dont supose he got a phone that was rooted (cheesecake) and thats where it came from like the other guy said I read before Verizon doesnt do a real good job of cking phones out when they are returned.
I would say thats a posibilty but I also reinstalled titanium backup since ive already paid for it and it wont even open as it states that it cannot gain root access. It shows that it failed.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was not a soak tester or anything.

You don't have to be. Soak tests involve sending the update out to random devices, not just people signed up for the soak test program. The difference is that if you are randomly selected and not part of the soak test feedback program, you don't have access to the restricted soak test discussions.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure where that leaves the 5.8.X.XXX folks, however.

I did 5.8.894... Need to go back and to see if the radio/kernel are diff from .7.893...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

wooddale

Reaction score
You don't have to be. Soak tests involve sending the update out to random devices, not just people signed up for the soak test program. The difference is that if you are randomly selected and not part of the soak test feedback program, you don't have access to the restricted soak test discussions.
If your wright that splains everything. Did anybody ask him if it fixed the problems he was having

rdgxray

Reaction score
I hope the update is being pushed ...my keyboard keeps crashing while trying to type this...only one person reporting getting it...sounds like a fluke more than a mass update rolling out...again I hope it is really happening ...my bionic is nothing but problems

Reaction score
I doubt anyone on here reads previous posts. He is not rooted from a brand new phone. They don't come rooted. And if u already have the 5.7 leak...u probably wont get the official...it's the same update. I'm sure most if u have common sense...use it. Lol.

wooddale

Reaction score
I doubt anyone on here reads previous posts. He is not rooted from a brand new phone. They don't come rooted. And if u already have the 5.7 leak...u probably wont get the official...it's the same update. I'm sure most if u have common sense...use it. Lol.

If you read the post it was a refurbished phone and Verizon doesnt ck things that well so it is possible he could have gotten a rooted phone but if its true what someone else said that anyone not rooted could get the soak test then that would make sense.