Official OTA Fails If You've Downloaded a Leaked Update

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
LOL I'm not going postal here I just think that if someone wants to go with the pushed update after trying a leaked version it should be allowed considering all the issues this phone had at launch thats all.

i have 2 words for ya, "locked bootloader"

why they wont stop doing that is beyond me....

there are very few jams we get our self into that we couldnt get out of if it was unlocked.....

they spend 10 times as much money trying to keep us out and bricked returns as they would just letting us fix it.....

more money than brains, obviously......

bros

Reaction score
OTA installation fail on droid bionic after flashing leak .893 updated fix.

Hi there, I have droid bionic that i have flash the leak .893 last month and rooted, I just recently unroot and flash back to stock with Windows_One-click_Fastboot_Restore_and_Root to receive ota update, However i can complete download the update but it fail when installing it.
So this is what i did:Manually did the recovery by hold power and both volume button and wipe data factory rest and wipe cash, then reboot my bionic.
Then use the:Windows_One-click_Fastboot_Restore_and_Root again. after done the phone reboot and don't log in to google account just skip everything,
Try download the update and follow the on screen. It work for me, I am now on 5.5.893 OTA, the installation complete successfully.
Hope this help!!

bros

Reaction score
[h=2]
icon6.png
OTA installation fail on droid bionic after flashing leak .893 updated fix.[/h]
Hi there, I have droid bionic that i have flash the leak .893 last month and rooted, I just recently unroot and flash back to stock with Windows_One-click_Fastboot_Restore_and_Root to receive ota update, However i can complete download the update but it fail when installing it.
So this is what i did:Manually did the recovery by hold power and both volume button and wipe data factory rest and wipe cash, then reboot my bionic.
Then use the:Windows_One-click_Fastboot_Restore_and_Root again. after done the phone reboot and don't log in to google account just skip everything,
Try download the update and follow the on screen. It work for me, I am now on 5.5.893 OTA, the installation complete successfully.
Hope this help!!

OP
Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
i have been reading the post here an just so everyone is up to speed the .893 update is a incomplete update. it was a relief update to fix the bugs sub par to alleviate people complaints till the .894 update rolls out --> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...not-true-ota-5-8-894-released-30-60-days.html

Please stop posting these responses in every OTA thread you can find. I didn't start this thread to discuss some possible rumor you may have gotten from someone on the phone. This thread is for folks in my shoes who can't download the OTA due to downloading a previously leaked update. You don't know what the official final update is anymore than any of us.

OP
Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
icon6.png

Hope this help!!

Did you back up using TB? Were you able to keep root?

Last edited:

Scribble

Reaction score
i have 2 words for ya, "locked bootloader"

why they wont stop doing that is beyond me....

there are very few jams we get our self into that we couldnt get out of if it was unlocked.....

they spend 10 times as much money trying to keep us out and bricked returns as they would just letting us fix it.....

more money than brains, obviously......

The amount of money/effort spent combating advancement of technology is amusing to me... Instead of embracing new tech/ideas and finding ways to profit from it, companies instead spend millions trying to beat back the inevitable just so they can continue with the same old same old.

jzmax22

Reaction score
I had installed a leak 5.5.893 a week ago. Restored my phone and recieved offical OTA and it installed fine.

I used the one click method, skipped all the sign in stuff, grabbed the OTA and installed it just fine. I have to say though I have way more data drops than I did before.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jzmax22

Reaction score
Never had cheesecake installed

americanz

Reaction score
did any one pull the ota before installing it.? i could use it

ebourlet

Reaction score
icon6.png

Hope this help!!

Did you use the R3L3AS3D Root method. If not can you provide a link?

ebourlet

Reaction score
I had loaded the leaked 5.7.893 and rolled back using 43v3r root and did as you said but the update still fails after getting to the poit it checkes versions.

Last edited:

lykofos

Reaction score
did any one pull the ota before installing it.? i could use it

ya, i actually still have a copy of the official OTA. I was having problems installing it so copied it from the cache to the sd card to I could use recovey console to figure out what was wrong. The OTA file is still on my sd card. I'll find somewhere to upload it to and post the link when finished.

OP
Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I had installed a leak 5.5.893 a week ago. Restored my phone and recieved offical OTA and it installed fine.

I used the one click method, skipped all the sign in stuff, grabbed the OTA and installed it just fine. I have to say though I have way more data drops than I did before.

Can you explain step by step how you did this? When you say you skipped the sign in stuff, what do you mean? Did you factory reset?