Official OTA Fails If You've Downloaded a Leaked Update

lykofos

Reaction score
That file says its. 886. I need .893

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Here ya go dude, Official .893 OTA that I recieved / copied form my cache before installing: Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip

My file is probably the same as the guys in the other post. It does say .886 b/c moto names the OTA update files based off of the version you are upgrading from (in this case .886 obviously).

americanz

Reaction score
Here ya go dude, Official .893 OTA that I recieved / copied form my cache before installing: Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip

My file is probably the same as the guys in the other post. It does say .886 b/c moto names the OTA update files based off of the version you are upgrading from (in this case .886 obviously).

Thank you very much

americanz

Reaction score
Ok guys. I was rooted. 4ever rooted. and on the leaked 5.5.893. I downloaded a file i saw posted somewhere that would change your baseband back to stock. I used it. It worked..the. i applied the real.ota in stock recovery... it worked. and i am still rooted. And the way i see it. Back on the correct upgrade path..

cbrmike

Reaction score
I installed a leaked version 5.7.893, I know I cant go back but how much better is the offical 5.5.893 ota compared to the leaked 5.7.893 ( I still get major data drop and its eating up the battery faster ) ? And how will people who are on a leaked version going to get back on the right track ?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lakilaulea;[URL="tel:1887580" said:
1887580[/URL]]So I downloaded the leaked 5.5.893 when it first came out. I kept it for a day or so then decided to roll back to .886 and just root. Today after work I got the notification that the official .893 was ready for my phone. After multiple attempts, it failed to install. I've tried to find the leaked .893 and was able to get it off of Droid Bionic » -[LEAK] OTA update 5.5.893 (better battery, bettery connection), but that's also failing to download. Any suggestions??
i have new info regarding the above post i just got off the phone with tier 3 tech floor manager (here is my resource route so u know how i got to talk to the manager) Rep--> tier 2 tech--> sprv--> escalated to teir 3 (they call you in 24 to 48 hrs after reviewing ur case u dont call them or transfer to them)--> tier 3 floor manager. He "Quote stated that the .894 update is the official update being pushed to all bionic user to fix software issues with the phone the 5.5.893 update has caused problems for bionic users (like we didnt know that already with the leaked version) an has been pulled and we are aware of the fact that if anyone applied the .893 update now can not apply the .894 an we are currently in the process fo rectifying the issue Unquote". so it looks like moto got themselves in a bit of a pickle an the .894 update is the official one. OH an the tier 3 floor manager said that the ICS OS has been created by moto they are just trying to figure out what day to release it lol what the heck moto release now an quite beating around the bush.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
cbrmike;[URL="tel:1911595" said:
1911595[/URL]]LOL sarg you sure seem to be on the phone with Moto alot, nevertheless thanks for the info.
lets just say i am glad i have the unlimited plan (1 1/2 hrs on the phone 55% being on hold plus calling 3 times a week to make sure my info is correct) maybe i should add moto on my five friends an family lmao :p

OP
Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
i have new info regarding the above post i just got off the phone with tier 3 tech floor manager (here is my resource route so u know how i got to talk to the manager) Rep--> tier 2 tech--> sprv--> escalated to teir 3 (they call you in 24 to 48 hrs after reviewing ur case u dont call them or transfer to them)--> tier 3 floor manager. He "Quote stated that the .894 update is the official update being pushed to all bionic user to fix software issues with the phone the 5.5.893 update has caused problems for bionic users (like we didnt know that already with the leaked version) an has been pulled and we are aware of the fact that if anyone applied the .893 update now can not apply the .894 an we are currently in the process fo rectifying the issue Unquote". so it looks like moto got themselves in a bit of a pickle an the .894 update is the official one. OH an the tier 3 floor manager said that the ICS OS has been created by moto they are just trying to figure out what day to release it lol what the heck moto release now an quite beating around the bush.

I know I've asked you this before, and I'm really trying to be polite here, but can you please STOP posting this here??? I think this entire forum is already aware of your Moto rep rapport. This thread isn't for the the .894 update. This is about the OFFICIAL OTA that has recently rolled out. So again, please stop posting anything other than that here.

OP
Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
That will only revert the radio to stock

Ok. So does that mean that I still won't be able to apply the official OTA if I do this? Does the OTA check for just the radio, or the radio AND the kernel?

americanz

Reaction score
Ok. So does that mean that I still won't be able to apply the official OTA if I do this? Does the OTA check for just the radio, or the radio AND the kernel?

i used it and it let me apply the offical ota. thats why i posted it