Just got an OTA update to 5.6.893

newcomb2

Reaction score
BT streaming

After I updated mine to 5.6.893 I decided to check system updates one more time and I got 5.7.893...my webtop is now listed (doesn't say unavailable), it is SUPER FAST, the camera works much better, and data hands off MUCH faster even with Juice Defender running. I haven't checked the battery life without using Juice Defender so I will have to check it out one of these days. With Juiced Defender I take the phone off charge at 6am and when I go to bed around 11pm it's still between 25-35% depending on how much I use it (if I stream music at the gym, etc) ....Overall I am VERY happy with the update AND I'm still rooted!!

Does BT streaming work in this without stuttering

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I may actually consider doing this now, now that the time frame for the update has been changed to 30-60 days. That's from yesterday.

Reaction score
I did not want to go back to stock per those instructions, as I was on 5.6.893 and didn't want to have data wiped. I downloaded the 5.7.893 zip from the OP of that thread, then used Root Explorer to move it to sdcard-ext. Then I booted into stock recovery and installed the 5.7.893 zip. Now About Phone shows 5.7.893.

Note: The method I followed still shows webtop as unavailable. In that OP there is a link for a modded webtop zip that I haven't tried because I don't need it.

eap369

Reaction score
I did not want to go back to stock per those instructions, as I was on 5.6.893 and didn't want to have data wiped. I downloaded the 5.7.893 zip from the OP of that thread, then used Root Explorer to move it to sdcard-ext. Then I booted into stock recovery and installed the 5.7.893 zip. Now About Phone shows 5.7.893.

Note: The method I followed still shows webtop as unavailable. In that OP there is a link for a modded webtop zip that I haven't tried because I don't need it.

Where u forever rooted? Have u noticed a difference in battery on 5.7? Instead of root explorer can I use astro file manager? It has the same moving action to ext-sd
Sorry for all the questions in a noob I just rooted my phone two days ago and I can't stop trying to make it better lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
Where u forever rooted? Have u noticed a difference in battery on 5.7? Instead of root explorer can I use astro file manager? It has the same moving action to ext-sd
Sorry for all the questions in a noob I just rooted my phone two days ago and I can't stop trying to make it better lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Yes, I had applied permanent root. I can't say about the battery because my usage is too inconsistent for me to tell. You can use any program that can move the zip to sd-ext.

jared1337

Reaction score
I also am from Wyoming, Powell, Wyoming. To OTA Update push here. Also, no 4G LTE for us until next summer. :( I bought the BIONIC anyway lol.