OTA updates kernel

hodgewdm

Reaction score
I was in the soak test, but I had already installed the "leaked" 5.7.893 update so my phone won't "find" the new OTA because it is a older build. I do have the link to the private feedback site for soak testers and from what it looks like the new OTA in fact updates the kernel to 2.6.35.7-g68606e6 vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 #1 which is what 5.7.893 has...So it looks like those of us who jumped ahead will be back on the OTA path!!!:icon_ banana:

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
So what exactly does that mean? I wasn't a soak tester, but got notified today that the OTA was ready for my phone. But because I previously installed the leaked 5.5.893, this official 5.5.893 won't install. (I installed the leak update, but went back to .886 stock a day later.) Now I can't seem to find a working link to the leaked .893 and I installing the leaked 5.7 is also failing on my phone.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So what exactly does that mean? I wasn't a soak tester, but got notified today that the OTA was ready for my phone. But because I previously installed the leaked 5.5.893, this official 5.5.893 won't install. (I installed the leak update, but went back to .886 stock a day later.) Now I can't seem to find a working link to the leaked .893 and I installing the leaked 5.7 is also failing on my phone.

I've read on numerous boards that the leaks were the official OTA's and that those of use that installed a leak, any leak, will be out of the OTA update path until the final OTA is pushed right before ICS is pushed. The final OTA is 5.8.894 and it will install on everyone's phone regardless of what sytem, kernel or baseband you have. So, be patient and it will all work out.

good luck.