Just got an OTA from Moto this am

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Just got an OTA update from Moto this am

Just got my replacement phone this morning going and I checked the Sys version and it was 5.5.886

Just a minute ago it told me I had an update, turned phone off, updated and now the sys version is 5.5.893

wasnt that the original leaked version?

UPDATE:
just got off the phone with MOTO and the tech said my phone number shows I should be on 5.7.893, which I told him it says 5.5.893. He did some checking and said that it should update to 5.7.893 and that the next update is ICS (didnt give a date for that).

So according to the couple techs I've talked to the last couple days is we were the Genni pigs for the leaked updates and those leaked updates are the official updates.
shot_000003.png

Last edited:

ripper2860

Reaction score
You got it as an official OTA, Cheesecake, or are you a Soak tester?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
You got it as an official OTA, Cheesecake, or are you a Soak tester?

Official OTA update only, a message on my phone popped up and said I had an update if I wanted to install it, I clicked yes and it rebooted and installed a new package.
I was not a soak tester or anything.
You see the pic above on what was installed.

ripper2860

Reaction score
WTH! How do I get on the covert and random list of recipients?

NICE!

wooddale

Reaction score
Official OTA update only, a message on my phone popped up and said I had an update if I wanted to install it, I clicked yes and it rebooted and installed a new package.
I was not a soak tester or anything.
You see the pic above on what was installed.

You are stock

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
That's ridiculous that they don't just sent it to everyone. Maybe they'll do it in chunks. This delay is pathetic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Just got my replacement phone this morning going and I checked the Sys version and it was 5.5.886

Just a minute ago it told me I had an update, turned phone off, updated and now the sys version is 5.5.893

wasnt that the original leaked version?

UPDATE:
just got off the phone with MOTO and the tech said my phone number shows I should be on 5.7.893, which I told him it says 5.5.893. He did some checking and said that it should update to 5.7.893 and that the next update is ICS (didnt give a date for that).

So according to the couple techs I've talked to the last couple days is we were the Genni pigs for the leaked updates and those leaked updates are the official updates.
shot_000003.png

Were u rooted? And did u maintain root?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
This is a replacement phone straight from moto, just got it in the mail yesterday afternoon. My last phone was rooted, bootstrapped running purity base 2.5.
This was bone stock right out of the box..........after turning it on for the first time the OTA update showed up after about 20 minutes.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's ridiculous that they don't just sent it to everyone. Maybe they'll do it in chunks. This delay is pathetic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

If the OTA update will be the same as with the updates to the OG Droid, it'll be completely random. So random that if you bought two Bionics the same time, one might have the update weeks before the other.

When OG Droid got its first update in December '09, someone put up a Google map where anyone could "stick a pin" giving location and time of the update. No rhyme or reason; no spreading out like a ripple.

wooddale

Reaction score
I agree they even say that I dont think they can push them all at once. After awhile though you can just ck for updates and it will be there

ripper2860

Reaction score

So according to the couple techs I've talked to the last couple days is we were the Genni pigs for the leaked updates and those leaked updates are the official updates. ...

So according to Moto, 5.7.893 is the "unofficlal/official" update and not 5.8.893 or 5.5.894? And they stated or insinuated that 5.7.893 would accept the next update -- ICS??

OP
Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
So according to Moto, 5.7.893 is the "unofficlal/official" update and not 5.8.893 or 5.5.894? And they stated or insinuated that 5.7.893 would accept the next update -- ICS??
yes, when I talked to the moto rep this morning he said that the current update is 5.7.893. I asked him why mine just updated to 5.5.893 from 5.5.886 and he was checking his system for a minute and came back and said "my phone number" shows I should be on 5.7.893. So that tells me that yes they know who they send it out to according to phone numbers. I again asked him why mine doesnt say 5.7 then and he just stated I am updated to the new update.
He then stated that we will be getting ICS next but didnt give a date. I asked him so once 5.7.893 is out that ICS in next and he said yes.

Take it for what its worth, I'm just repeating what our conversation was.

A couple days ago I talked to verizon and the tech 2 rep told me that the last update didnt work so the engineers pulled it and was working on the latest update. So again that tells me that the original leaked updates were to actually see if they worked or not before they officially release something.

I never signed up for any soak tests or anything.

Last edited:

wooddale

Reaction score
I just called Verizon and for what its worth the rep said that they didnt get any emails down on it. I believe she really did try and look but then again that doesnt mean anything sometimes Verizons right hand doesnt talk to there left hand

OP
Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I just called Verizon and for what its worth the rep said that they didnt get any emails down on it. I believe she really did try and look but then again that doesnt mean anything sometimes Verizons right hand doesnt talk to there left hand
that is true because verizon was the first people I called after I got the OTA update. The rep told me I should be on 5.5.886 and told her that I just recieved an official update to 5.5.893 and she didnt have a clue. She gave me the number to MOTO to talk to them.