Just got an OTA from Moto this am

bilbobaggins

Reaction score
Verizon posted on their site today that an update is coming soon. They have a PDF that explains the obvious method of frocing a download if you don't want to wait for it to initiate. They have a link to go to if the update fails. It's going to be soon ot they wouldn't have this stuff in place. We are soon going to find out if the leaked update can be overwritten by the official update or not. I'm positive it can be done if that is what they want this patch to do. All they need is a 2kb bullet at the beginning of the script and this Bionic becomes as programmable as a blank device. I do this stuff every day, just not on cell phones and not this language.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Verizon posted on their site today that an update is coming soon. They have a PDF that explains the obvious method of frocing a download if you don't want to wait for it to initiate. They have a link to go to if the update fails. It's going to be soon ot they wouldn't have this stuff in place. We are soon going to find out if the leaked update can be overwritten by the official update or not. I'm positive it can be done if that is what they want this patch to do. All they need is a 2kb bullet at the beginning of the script and this Bionic becomes as programmable as a blank device. I do this stuff every day, just not on cell phones and not this language.

Check the news section! :)

Tonik

Reaction score
I'm positive it can be done if that is what they want this patch to do..

I agree, and have never lost any sleep over this issue. My opinion has always been they did that to the .8 update on purpose. They didn't want it on phones that had been previously updated. Why I don't know but they had a reason. The 'official' update will update everyone no matter what they are on, imho.

wooddale

Reaction score

What about foreveroot

bilbobaggins

Reaction score
They don't get into specifics, but they have a link at the bottom of the .pdf notice on the Verizon Site. It take you to the customer support numbers. I imagine if this update fails you either have to take it to a Verizon Service center or send it to Motorola. Any update they give is going to take any root out just like it happens when we do it ourselves. The devs are very good and they will find a root method post update, probably on the first day.

wooddale

Reaction score
They don't get into specifics, but they have a link at the bottom of the .pdf notice on the Verizon Site. It take you to the customer support numbers. I imagine if this update fails you either have to take it to a Verizon Service center or send it to Motorola. Any update they give is going to take any root out just like it happens when we do it ourselves. The devs are very good and they will find a root method post update, probably on the first day.

Not to worry DT says they will have it before the push and he will work his magic

Tonik

Reaction score
I imagine if this update fails you either have to take it to a Verizon Service center or send it to Motorola.

I think most everyone will be ok, those that are on 5.5.893 - 5.7.893. Those all use the same kernel. So you can use one of the flash restore methods to get back to 886 and then get the update. Now if someone is on the last version 5.8.894 they might have to wait for the devs. But as you said the devs will cover all these issues in a few days. I am on 5.7.893 and will ignore this update until a week or so has gone by and we see what shakes out. I am rooted and have the updater frozen.

wooddale

Reaction score
I think most everyone will be ok, those that are on 5.5.893 - 5.7.893. Those all use the same kernel. So you can use one of the flash restore methods to get back to 886 and then get the update. Now if someone is on the last version 5.8.894 they might have to wait for the devs. But as you said the devs will cover all these issues in a few days. I am on 5.7.893 and will ignore this update until a week or so has gone by and we see what shakes out. I am rooted and have the updater frozen.

I dont know about the rest Ive only been on TH3ORY and Liberty but you cant get the update if your those two wont let you

quizzard

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't want the 894 update if it brings back the audio whine.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm running .8.894 and have no whine