5.8.894 offical update before ICS update

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe he was offted by his contacts because he blabbed too much.

Sorry to see him go, but there are many people here who contact Motorola or Verizon and say they have definitive information. And for the most part nobody can duplicate that conversation, because they don't speak to the same person. At least I presume they don't; CS might be 2 people who are really good at changing their voices.

Last edited:

jssmith76

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm one of those sorry saps that fell for his BS, and installed the .894 patch. And from what I've read here, I can't install the .901 patch since I've done this. Oh well, guess I gotta wait for something else to come along.

This post is BIONIC!

collins.drums

Reaction score
The 5.9.901 update was apparently "mistakenly" released to a few people initially. Everyone I have spoken to who had accepted the update has had pretty big issues with data and rooting. One phone my friend gave me to try to fix has an issue with "baseband unknown". The potentially good thing about this is moto may have to release a fix for this which may help get everyone on the same path. This phone has been a lemon since day one.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The 5.9.901 update was apparently "mistakenly" released to a few people initially. Everyone I have spoken to who had accepted the update has had pretty big issues with data and rooting. One phone my friend gave me to try to fix has an issue with "baseband unknown". The potentially good thing about this is moto may have to release a fix for this which may help get everyone on the same path. This phone has been a lemon since day one.

Big issues?

The overwhelming response from people who accidently received the 5.9.901 OTA (or manually installed it, like I did) had been positive. IMHO, the Bionic is now near perfect.

foamman

Reaction score

The only people who have had trouble with the 901 update are people who tried to revert to an older build. I and a lot of other people are on the 901 build have kept root and have had tremendous improvements in the phone. I have not had a single Data drop since updating, apps no longer disappear when phone is powered off and on, and the phone is much more responsive. Before installing the update I had a conversation over twitter with VZWSupport and they told me to install the update.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have applied 901 update and my Bionic is perfect. I was 43V3R rooted and kept root. It would be nice to be able to install roms though.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have applied 901 update and my Bionic is perfect. I was 43V3R rooted and kept root. It would be nice to be able to install roms though.

Why can't you?

jssmith76

Reaction score

Did you have the .894 patch installed prior to installing the .901 patch? I had read that that was not possible to do. If it is possible, then I'll be installing the .901 over my .894 really quick then.

deltafar

Reaction score
I installed the 5.9.901 update as soon as it was released OTA to my phone. I lost my root but when I bought my phone I was already on 5.5.893. I had to root it from that version which I was able to successfully do. however the update clobbered that. I tried to go back to bare bones stock .886 but this only causes me a fastboot flash fail. I have tried everything that I could find to be able to flash back to stock but it will not let me flash... so now I have an unrooted Bionic with super user on it. I think I am going to be stuck with this one for a little while. live n learn...

BTW : no data issuse, very fast :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you have the .894 patch installed prior to installing the .901 patch? I had read that that was not possible to do. If it is possible, then I'll be installing the .901 over my .894 really quick then.

I was on 893, the official moto build with 43V3R root before I applied the 901 update. I don't think you can update from 894, its not an official release.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but...

I lost track (and I want those minutes of my life back now) ater the first couple pages, and I still have a question...
Is that whole thing about the series of updates being applied in order real?

If so, is it necessary to actually apply all of them in order to get all of the updates?

The reason I ask is that, last week, having never gotten any updates at all OTA (got the phone in Oct., and was still sitting at 5.5.886), I decided to go ahead and do a manual update, and no I'm at 5.8.894.

Is that it, or am I missing some stuff because I skipped over the other updates (5.5.893, 5.7.893, whatever) in between?

Reaction score

I lost track (and I want those minutes of my life back now) ater the first couple pages, and I still have a question...

If so, is it necessary to actually apply all of them in order to get all of the updates?

The reason I ask is that, last week, having never gotten any updates at all OTA (got the phone in Oct., and was still sitting at 5.5.886), I decided to go ahead and do a manual update, and no I'm at 5.8.894.

No...The OP is full of crap! So far, the only official update is 5.5.893, updated from .886.......I suspect the last update before ICS will be 5.9.901 or 5.9.902.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
From what i've been able to tell a lot of people, like myself have either dumb-phones or just regular run of the mill dial the number phones. Reason being is that verizon has yet to offer anything that perks my interests. I was thinking of getting the BB Storm but then i read all the reviews and played with it myself and it just wasn't the phone for me. The storm 2 seems to have gotten great reviews but I still think the droid will beat it out by far, because it's more of a casual user phone compared to the BB side of phones which are aimed more at the business side.

I will most likely pick up the Moto Droid within the first couple days. Seeing as I get 15% off my services from verizon and I don't use up that many minutes it will most likely cost less then my phone I have now.

Use p3droid bionic path saver only way to get back to upgrade path i had to do it after moto misinformed me an left me hanging after installing the 894 update like they told me to (thanks for the stab in the back moto now i am considered untrustworthy cuz i told everyone ur BS lies when i was only trying to help)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

Is that it, or am I missing some stuff because I skipped over the other updates (5.5.893, 5.7.893, whatever) in between?

You are off the update path. You need to us p3droids pathsaver like said above. Here is a link http://droidmodderx.com/bionic/p3droids-bionic-path-saver-1-click-restore-bionic-to-upgrade-path/ There is also a mac and linux version on rootzwiki.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.