5.8.894 update rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzmax22

Reaction score
Thats not the kernel version. Thats the system version.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jzmax22

Reaction score
Thank you very much.

wooddale

Reaction score
Is there any real word that the ne leak has really fixed data problem

mlapaglia

Reaction score
The high pitch whine when listening to headphones is still present in .894.

B

bens42608

That's strange. All the .893's had that issue fixed according to my ears.

+1 this is absolutely true- at least for me. And your source of this information actually made ne chuckle. According to my ears! ;P thank you for those 2 seconds of happiness, friend.

mlapaglia

Reaction score
It's still happening in .894. Start a song, then stop it, and wait 5 seconds. After this you will hear a little click and a high pitch whine will go missing. This was fixed in .893, not sure why it's back. Maybe .894 isn't the soak...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It's still happening in .894. Start a song, then stop it, and wait 5 seconds. After this you will hear a little click and a high pitch whine will go missing. This was fixed in .893, not sure why it's back. Maybe .894 isn't the soak...

It isn't all that uncommon for a fix to cause a bug.

sgregory111

Reaction score
I hope Motorola keeps in mind why customers installed the leaked OTA update. I paid $300 for a phone that had significant data connectivity problems. It was frustrating to know that Motorola had a fix available but I could not take advantage of it. I totally understand the need for Motorola to go through a careful quality assurance process, and I agree with it.

As an experience IT professional I read up on how to install the leaked update. I was confident I could do it without bricking my phone. I also read that it may take me off the update path, although I am optimistic this will not be the case. I knew I was installing the update at my own risk. Had I bricked the phone then I would accept the responsibility. I did not.

The leaked update significantly improved my data connectivity. I am thrilled with the phone. I also am looking forward to continuing down the upgrade path. I will be very upset if Motorola deliberately prevents this because I installed there, albeit leaked, update to resolve the known issues that existed with their phone.

I was not trying to get something I did not deserve. I was trying to get what I paid for, a working phone with reliable data connectivity. I use the phone for business and I absolutely require a smart phone with data. Had I not applied the leaked update I would have been forced to revert to my OG Droid. I did not apply the leaked update to get anything more then what I paid for.

The decision is Motorola’s. Although I think it is wrong, Motorola can lock us out from future upgrades. There is not much we can do about it, except not buy Motorola in the future.

I believe Motorola is an awsome company and will make what I believe is the correct decision. If they don’t I suspect there will be a developer that will come up with a work around. Of course this will further push me off the upgrade path.

I would prefer to be completely stock. I do not need to be rooted. I do not want what I did not pay for. However, the only way I could use the phone’s data capability, a requirement for getting email, was to install the update.

wooddale

Reaction score
I hope Motorola keeps in mind why customers installed the leaked OTA update. I paid $300 for a phone that had significant data connectivity problems. It was frustrating to know that Motorola had a fix available but I could not take advantage of it. I totally understand the need for Motorola to go through a careful quality assurance process, and I agree with it.

As an experience IT professional I read up on how to install the leaked update. I was confident I could do it without bricking my phone. I also read that it may take me off the update path, although I am optimistic this will not be the case. I knew I was installing the update at my own risk. Had I bricked the phone then I would accept the responsibility. I did not.

The leaked update significantly improved my data connectivity. I am thrilled with the phone. I also am looking forward to continuing down the upgrade path. I will be very upset if Motorola deliberately prevents this because I installed there, albeit leaked, update to resolve the known issues that existed with their phone.

I was not trying to get something I did not deserve. I was trying to get what I paid for, a working phone with reliable data connectivity. I use the phone for business and I absolutely require a smart phone with data. Had I not applied the leaked update I would have been forced to revert to my OG Droid. I did not apply the leaked update to get anything more then what I paid for.

The decision is Motorola’s. Although I think it is wrong, Motorola can lock us out from future upgrades. There is not much we can do about it, except not buy Motorola in the future.

I believe Motorola is an awsome company and will make what I believe is the correct decision. If they don’t I suspect there will be a developer that will come up with a work around. Of course this will further push me off the upgrade path.

I would prefer to be completely stock. I do not need to be rooted. I do not want what I did not pay for. However, the only way I could use the phone’s data capability, a requirement for getting email, was to install the update.

Sgre I agree with you 100%. I am rooted in a strong 4G area so data isnt a proiblem for me unless I leave 4G Im around Ohara Airport in IL. Ihave to travel at least 20 miles in any direction to get into a real 3G area. So I havent done the 894 yet. Did it fix your data problem completly or just make it better? I think the reason why Moto has not come up with the OTA is because they dont have one that is 100% and never will. I root not to get stuff for nothing the only thing you really got that verizon cared about was tethering and thats not working yet on the Bionic. In about a week I will have ICS on my phone thats why I root get evereything ahead of time plus the fact I get off on Flashing Roms. Its kinda like people who are into Facebook Im into Roms and customization its hard to do all that stock

sgregory111

Reaction score
I say it fixed about 90% of my data problems. Much better then it was.

As for wireless tethering, i have read that the new beta version of wireless tethering works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.