Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
aaf709;[URL="tel:1867996" said:
1867996[/URL]]Link is in the first post of this thread.

thank u for the save aaf709 answering all these questions is time consuming so kudos to u :biggrin:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol i called tech support at moto an he saw the version i had an asked how the beta testing was going i kinda had to play along cuz 1 i had no idea what he was taking about at the time an 2 i dont think he knows i cheescaked there servers and 3 this update checks for bare bones stock thus eliminating all cheescakers from receiving this update making the testing pool very small an easily policed but i dont think they realize how easy it is to do a warranty replacement :biggrin: thank u god for the gullible tech reps at verizon may u shower us poor bionic users with more blessings lmao

interesting... haven't heard of any of the soak testers getting their push yet - would be cool if this was it

twistedlim

Reaction score
Thanks. The file is called Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip

is this the correct one?

Can someone please shoot me an a screen shot of the first part of the build props? I need the ro.build.description and the ro.build fingerprint lines.

I want to see if I can fool the update into thinking I am back on 586...:biggrin:

mikespe

Reaction score
OK...here is where i am confused...I am on 5.7.893...I cheesecaked to 5.5.893 but then I was tinkering one day & went to About Phone/System Updates and my phone said the 5.7.893 update was available so I downloaded & installed. Is this still "cheesecaked" & I can't install the 894 update? Can I return the system back to stock & then try the 894? I am getting great battery life with the 5.7.893 update as well as great data...but if the newer update is better then of course I would want that installed.

Thanks!

thunder550

Reaction score
I installed .894 last night. Battery life seems to have marginal if any improvement. I would get about 10 hours of light to moderate usage from the stock battery before, and now I'm at 43% remaining with 6 hours on battery, which equates to about the same 10 hours. The big difference for me is that today I decided to leave bluetooth turned on all day. Previous to the update, I had it off all the time because it would eat as much battery as cell standby even without being connected to another device. Today I have been connected for a total of about 15 minutes, disconnected the rest of the time, and BT has only eaten 2% of the battery.

I didn't have frequent issues with data drop before, so I can't comment on that.

wseyller

Reaction score
I honestly don't know. I don't believe 5.7.893 went out as an OTA so it is possible thatyou gotit through your cheesecake excursions.

There were several revisions of 893 that was obtain through cheesecake. You will not be able to install the new update as it specifically requires your phone to be fully stock, baseband, kernel, radio and all. You will just have to wait or get another phone.

There is a version 5.7.894 through cheesecake that you can install but you don't want to do that. 5.8.894 is the version that this thread is about.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
twistedlim;[URL="tel:1868013" said:
1868013[/URL]]Thanks. The file is called Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip

is this the correct one?

Can someone please shoot me an a screen shot of the first part of the build props? I need the ro.build.description and the ro.build fingerprint lines.

I want to see if I can fool the update into thinking I am back on 586...:biggrin:

yes that is the correct one it should be 54mb if u used my link

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
mikespe;[URL="tel:1868018" said:
1868018[/URL]]OK...here is where i am confused...I am on 5.7.893...I cheesecaked to 5.5.893 but then I was tinkering one day & went to About Phone/System Updates and my phone said the 5.7.893 update was available so I downloaded & installed. Is this still "cheesecaked" & I can't install the 894 update? Can I return the system back to stock & then try the 894? I am getting great battery life with the 5.7.893 update as well as great data...but if the newer update is better then of course I would want that installed.

Thanks!
no u will not be able to install the .894 update even if u flash back to stock cuz it checks radio/basband/kernel an since u cant roll back the kernel to.886 the update will fail u have to call verizon an do a warranty replacement they will send u a new one then apply the update oh an make sure u unroot the phone before sending it back an ask for overnight shipping since its free with certified like new replacements

twistedlim

Reaction score
Thanks. The file is called Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip

is this the correct one?

Did not work...can't fool the rom with a few lines of build props this time:angry:

jayman350

Reaction score
this sucks, I debated flashing the .893 updates for like two weeks. I finally gave in and flashed them all the way up to 5.7.893 in hopes that it would help the data drops and battery life. It helped a little, but when I check battery stats Cell Standby is always in the top two percentages. I should have just left well enough alone and waited.

Oh well, not gonna bother doing a warranty return b/c I have not had the best luck w/ CLNR phones. I went through 4 replacements of my OG before I got one that held up more than a week.

Here's to hoping that the awesome dev community finds a workaround, or that when the OTA comes out it doesn't care what kernel/baseband you are flashing from

Status
Not open for further replies.