Just got an OTA from Moto this am

jeremym

Reaction score
I find it funny that everyone is all happy about this update rolling out...yet there is an entire thread dedicated to stating it doesnt resolve the issues from the leaked one ages ago. SNS (Shiny New ****) syndrome at its best!

I have been using this update since it came out leaked and I still get 4G data drops. Think people...who cares if you get it or not when it doesnt resolve the issues.

welsalex

Reaction score
My buddy claims that regardless of version numbers matching that the checksum will be different therefore not being official. What is everyones thoughts?

ripper2860

Reaction score
I find it funny that everyone is all happy about this update rolling out...yet there is an entire thread dedicated to stating it doesnt resolve the issues from the leaked one ages ago. SNS (Shiny New ****) syndrome at its best!

I have been using this update since it came out leaked and I still get 4G data drops. Think people...who cares if you get it or not when it doesnt resolve the issues.

Glass 1/2 empty or Glass 1/2 full. The leak did solve the data-connection issue or drastically improve the problem for quite a few folks. I guess we are Glass 1/2 full types. ;)

Personally -- I think it is a combination of Moto and LTE issues. The update fixes it for those where it can be addressed by Moto and the others will have to rely on VZ/LTE to get squared away. Just cause it may not fix yours or everyone's issues doesn't mean we can't be hopeful it'll fix it for a majority of folks and maybe even you and me.

My buddy claims that regardless of version numbers matching that the checksum will be different therefore not being official. What is everyones thoughts?

Certainly within the realm of possibility. As long as the Kernel and Baseband update checksums match, that's the big deal for most. The System update is something that can be worked around as a locked bootloader doesn't matter for it.

Last edited:
OP
Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
well, checked on any updates this morning and nothing, says my system is up to date. So I guess it was a one shot deal. Wasnt impressed with the 5.5.893 anyways as my old bionic I was running the leaked 5.7.893 and was doing pretty good.

My main issue is I paid $300 for my bionic and they send me a refurbished phone. By looking at the numbers inside the phone this one is older than my old bionic (if that makes sense). I may call up and start witching about and see if they'll send me a brand new one. Probably not but worth a try.

If nothing else I'll wait a few weeks and see where all this goes. If all else fails I will start modding again and say the heck with it.

OP
Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep

Reaction score

My thoughts exactly when I first got the OTA. Why would they release this when it hardly did anything for anyone when it first was leaked. Thats why I went to 5.7.893 and Purity Base 2.5.
But, they better start doing something as I'm getting closer and closer to just forking the money over and switching carriers. My buddies with other carriers have never lost service and have it all the time when I dont. Heck, when the Iphone 4s came out with a bug, it didnt take a few weeks before they had an update. Were going on months with no end in sight.

wooddale

Reaction score
well, checked on any updates this morning and nothing, says my system is up to date. So I guess it was a one shot deal. Wasnt impressed with the 5.5.893 anyways as my old bionic I was running the leaked 5.7.893 and was doing pretty good.

My main issue is I paid $300 for my bionic and they send me a refurbished phone. By looking at the numbers inside the phone this one is older than my old bionic (if that makes sense). I may call up and start witching about and see if they'll send me a brand new one. Probably not but worth a try.

If nothing else I'll wait a few weeks and see where all this goes. If all else fails I will start modding again and say the heck with it.

Im with you on this I dont know why people were saying oncer you did the 5.7.893 update you couldnt go back to stock 5.5.886 I did it and you did it. Like Jere said everyone thats been on the leak said (including myself) that it didnt fix data 100% and I dont think it ever willk thats what the holdup is my was never a real majoir problem because I am in a real strong 4G area but it still got me every once in awhile. So Im with Cam Im gonna wait til end of Dec and if nothing by then Im gonna go back to the leaks full blast.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

That's nothing, I paid a little over $60,000 for a new car and when it broke down, they didn't give a new one either. It fact, they made me wait while they repaired the same old car!! And another thing, when my laptop stopped working, they repaired that too. I'm such a dunce - I didn't know I had the right a new device because of a warranty issue!! :biggrin:

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
My data drop issue disappeared on it's own. I have no issues with my Bionic anymore. I freakin love this device. I'm stock with no updates.

Sent from a Phone

wooddale

Reaction score
That's nothing, I paid a little over $60,000 for a new car and when it broke down, they didn't give a new one either. It fact, they made me wait while they repaired the same old car!! And another thing, when my laptop stopped working, they repaired that too. I'm such a dunce - I didn't know I had the right a new device because of a warranty issue!! :biggrin:

I agree about not getting a new device but they need to fix old one in a TIMELY manner

wooddale

Reaction score
My data drop issue disappeared on it's own. I have no issues with my Bionic anymore. I freakin love this device. I'm stock with no updates.

Sent from a Phone

You just think its gone there is no magic in phoneland

bluezdawg

Reaction score

Geeze Bayou! Not even a loaner? Dang.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

welsalex

Reaction score
Im with you on this I dont know why people were saying oncer you did the 5.7.893 update you couldnt go back to stock 5.5.886 I did it and you did it. Like Jere said everyone thats been on the leak said (including myself) that it didnt fix data 100% and I dont think it ever willk thats what the holdup is my was never a real majoir problem because I am in a real strong 4G area but it still got me every once in awhile. So Im with Cam Im gonna wait til end of Dec and if nothing by then Im gonna go back to the leaks full blast.

So you went back from 5.7.893 to stock? You managed to get the kernel and radio back to stock version? Would you tell us how?

OP can you confirm you reverted to full stock (baseband and kernel are reverted)?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

welsalex

Reaction score

Did you force an update check by manually chaning date and time to 1230am 2013 and clicking on check for updates?

wooddale

Reaction score
So you went back from 5.7.893 to stock? You managed to get the kernel and radio back to stock version? Would you tell us how?

OP can you confirm you reverted to full stock (baseband and kernel are reverted)?

Here is what I did I got there like this http://www.mediafire.com/file/ah4t6ruiksupuun/Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip and I went back like this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...70-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html All I know it said 5.7.893 when I got there and know it says 5.5.886. Except if I flask TH3ORY then it says 5.7.893 but I know its only base

I forgot to mention I did have nanoid backups and still do of Stock rooted and Stock rooted Forever

Last edited:

welsalex

Reaction score
Here is what I did I got there like this http://www.mediafire.com/file/ah4t6ruiksupuun/Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip and I went back like this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...70-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html All I know it said 5.7.893 when I got there and know it says 5.5.886. Except if I flask TH3ORY then it says 5.7.893 but I know its only base

Can you confirm that your baseband ans kernel versions have reverted to the original?