Just got an OTA from Moto this am

Reaction score
Nowhere on here does he say a refurbished phone...(replacement). Unless all replacements are refurbished. In which I would not know because I have never had to do a replacement. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that got an almost perfect BIONIC..(THANK GOD). Lol. He even said "new". And if i ever do need a replacement, I would not except a refurbished phone...I would tell them that I want an actual new one since I spent so much money on it... if they told me no, I think I would make the biggest scene while in the store. So big of a scene that all the customers would leave cuz they would think I'm some kind of lunatic. Haha. Then I would jus switch carriers..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nowhere on here does he say a refurbished phone...(replacement). Unless all replacements are refurbished. In which I would not know because I have never had to do a replacement. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that got an almost perfect BIONIC..(THANK GOD). Lol. He even said "new". And if i ever do need a replacement, I would not except a refurbished phone...I would tell them that I want an actual new one since I spent so much money on it... if they told me no, I think I would make the biggest scene while in the store. So big of a scene that all the customers would leave cuz they would think I'm some kind of lunatic. Haha. Then I would jus switch carriers..

Hope you don't have a warranty issue with your car!! I've heard they don't give you a new one either.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Some people have all the luck :)

haproot

Reaction score
I wonder if you got my old phone lol. I had signed up for the soak test but returned it a few days later.

-via tapatalk

ex0rcist

Reaction score
No ive had zero problems either...hes not the only one. Op. We need a few questions answered here.. is the phone brand new or refurb...? Have u even tried to verify if its rooted or not.. just to see..wont hurt. Have you checked bootloadet status? I mean.. if it was me i'd explore that ota with a fine tooth comb. Hit us back!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
If your wright that splains everything. Did anybody ask him if it fixed the problems he was having

I'm pretty sure i'm right, as I take this information directly from the soak test signup process. At one point, it was mentioned that other users would get the update during the soak test period, and not only the soak testers. This also happened back in the Droid 1 days with its soak tests.

rdgxray

Reaction score
OP has me checking for updates every 30 mins now!...had loss of data while trying to pull up forums. Just got data back. I hope update fixes that. It can be very irritating.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well, on my end, bit of a change. I'm rooted, nothings frozen, stock otherwise not counting GoLauncher. When I used to go to system update, it would say update not available within 3 seconds. Now, it stays on the checking for update screen indefinitely. I'm going to unroot now and try again, just to see what happens...

dags5000

Reaction score
While strange, this might make sense. I updated to 5.7.893 from the leaked updated. When i called motorola asking about whether there was a way for me to revert to stock so that I could get the real official update (whenever it came out), they kept insisting that my current version (5.7.893) WAS up to date. I just thought they didn't know any better but I guess maybe they did.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP has me checking for updates every 30 mins now!...had loss of data while trying to pull up forums. Just got data back. I hope update fixes that. It can be very irritating.

Me too with the checking for updates thing *LOL* However, I am nervous about the update, my Bionic works just fine and is the best phone i've owned. I just hope the update doesn't break anything.

Hope it fixes your data issues, although I suspect alot of these issues are cell site based, and not phone based.

cbrmike

Reaction score
Lol I find myself checking for updates alot now, it keeps telling me Im up to date and no update is necessary at this time and Im thinking (says who).

OP
Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
OK, really quick because I have to leave for a parade. It was a refurbished phone, I think I stated that a few times. I also stated I reinstalled titatium backup since i had it on my other phone, it will not open as it says it cannot gain root. Fails everytime. So, I assume it is not rooted.