I need advice..

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by patriot95, Nov 1, 2011.

1. patriot95

patriot95 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I don't know where to post this... so I am posting it here. Two facts before I begin.

I am getting the Galaxy Nexus whenever it comes out. That is a fact.
    I can't wait any longer with my Blackberry Storm. That is a fact.

Okay... What is Verizon's return/trade-in policy? I have heard 14 days or 30 days? I don't know which it is. I can't wait any longer with this craptastic phone. I'm thinking (as in I'm going to) about picking up the Droid RAZR and then returning it for the Nexus when it comes out. So... does anyone here know the true Verizon policy? My bet is that the Nexus will at least launch by the end of November. If I get the Droid RAZR on November 10th, can I trade in for the Nexus if it is released as late as November 30th?

2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    14 days. Thems the rules! ;)

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.

3. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    2 things

1. bb storm. :D. i would give money not to have that phone.

2. is it 14 days through the website or instore? is every verizon store different? if i mail it back on the 13th day and if it gets there on the 15th or 16th day will i still be qualified? is it just if the phone is malfunctioning or can i say it didnt meet my expectations.

4. MightyT01

MightyT01 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just get a crappy pay as you go phone if your Storm is actually dead or you can try virgin mobile and get a cheap android smartphone and pay as you go until the GNex comes out. Virgin Mobile has some very nice, and cheap, data plans. This way you can wait until the reviews all come out on the Verizon super phone marathon for November.

5. jacob121791

jacob121791 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this same problem when i got the Bionic. I had alot of issues with the Bionics 4g/3g radio because i live on the edge of a 4g zone and the phone was unable to switch back and forth. Im not exactly sure what how many days Verizons return policy is but i do know that they charge a $30 dollar "restocking fee" so take that into account when u want to start switching phones around with verizon.

What i did was return the Bionic and bought an Eris for $40 got my upgrade back and now i am also waiting for the GN!!!

6. patriot95

patriot95 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I'm not going to leave Verizon because I want to keep my unlimited plan. I thought I heard once that they had a 30 day trade in policy. I guess not :|

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

7. xlivewire7x

xlivewire7x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Talk to a rep at your Verizon store and let them know what the problem is. They'll offer you a replacement phone that you basically put a downpayment of $50 on (its a very cheap phone, doesn't do much) and you keep for as long as you want. When you want to get the Galaxy, they will refund you the $50 you payed for the other phone and will reactivate your data plan, and it will still be unlimited.

8. flatty

flatty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard 30 days at best buy

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

9. patriot95

patriot95 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks I will try this.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

10. wolstonc

wolstonc Member

Ratings:
    +6
    It was 30 days before they got the iPhone. Apple made them change it. And the restocking fee is $35

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

11. wolstonc

wolstonc Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Do NOT try this. If the unlimited is taken off, to get it put back on they will have you call customer service and do an inactive pricing request, which takes days and doesn't go through over half the time. The unlimited isn't in their computer system, and you will have to jump through hoops and go through a lot to get it back, if you even do.

12. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    It's 14 days. just rough it out no reason takin a chance then not being able to return it. then pay the restocking fee just hold out a little more. also HTC rezound is comin out and will be a awesome phone def give it a look there are vids on this site of it! ..after seeing the build quality of the new nexus and it not having a removable sd card and that cheep flimsy back cover.. its nothing special about it at all same Samsung "craplastic" build

#12 kparks, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011