Verizon Adjusts Return Policy for the Holidays

Zecpull

Reaction score
Wow.. I wish that said Oct 15.

As much as I love my Bionic when it is working right. I would Love to try out the razr... But I will have another line due for Upgrade about the time the Nexus comes out.. so I will see how the Razr looks then. .I think Sedio has already started selling portable charging pods.. you can carry and charge your phone 2 or 3 times .... I wish you could use the Dewalt 12v Lith-ion batteries.... from the drivers.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Hmmm...if Verizon screws us on the Nexus until the end of the year, I'm probably jumping on this.

My plan: Buy Rezound --> Root Rezound --> Enjoy a usable phone for a month --> Unroot Rezound --> Return Rezound --> Curse Verizon --> Buy Nexus --> Eat Ice Cream Sandwich --> Continue Cursing Verizon for all eternity
this is my plan as well, even better through verizon vs costco. im going to go pick up a rezound tomorrow!

Chatchie

Reaction score
What would happen if this "borrowed" phone got a small scratch or a bit of normal wear?

sb1831

Reaction score
This is obviously a signal that the Nexus is dropping January 10.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Outside of the root community here, my guess is RAZR will outsell the Nexus. It's Moto with the Droid AND Razr branding. That thing should sell like mad for VZW.

I've also considered "renting" the RAZR. I'd rather avoid the restocking fee, but I suppose if the Nexus is delayed the return policy lets me pull the trigger on the RAZR. More than likely I'd end-up keeping it. I do also want to check out the Rezound, though.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Figures I bought my Razr today :( Hope I like it or figure out I don't within the 14 days.

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Figures I bought my Razr today :( Hope I like it or figure out I don't within the 14 days.

Return it tomorrow, wait three days and re-purchase the device. Little loophole to work the system.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on how hard it is to return a phone? Will you own it or have to pay more should you get a scratch or something on it?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score

Go check it the Rezound, its 720p high resolution screen is just gorgeous, puts every other phone to shame, plus the phone is fast and has Sense UI, MOTO blur blows.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Mondingo

Reaction score
Go check it the Rezound, its 720p high resolution screen is just gorgeous, puts every other phone to shame, plus the phone is fast and has Sense UI, MOTO blur blows.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Just got mine yesterday.. love it..

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on how hard it is to return a phone? Will you own it or have to pay more should you get a scratch or something on it?

If you've scratched it many places won't let you return the device. You can get your upgrade back but you have topay full price for the device.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This does sweeten the deal. I just got finished playing with the Razr, and man, is it niiiiice. The camera was really fast, which is one of the main reasons I wanted the Nexus. It feels good in the hands, and is super light. Browsing on 4G LTE was a breath of fresh air. I felt like I was using a really tiny fast computer. Maybe it's time for me to take the plunge, as my Droid lags along. I feel sad moving on, as it has served me well these two years.

Also, can someone just give me a quick comment on why they think Moto Blur "blows"? I could find nothing about it that "blows" in my short time with the Razr.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This does sweeten the deal. I just got finished playing with the Razr, and man, is it niiiiice. The camera was really fast, which is one of the main reasons I wanted the Nexus. It feels good in the hands, and is super light. Browsing on 4G LTE was a breath of fresh air. I felt like I was using a really tiny fast computer. Maybe it's time for me to take the plunge, as my Droid lags along. I feel sad moving on, as it has served me well these two years.

Also, can someone just give me a quick comment on why they think Moto Blur "blows"? I could find nothing about it that "blows" in my short time with the Razr.

The reason you couldn't find anything wrong with it is because in your opinion... there is nothing wrong with it. If there is one thing I have learned it is that:

HTC Sense is awesome and that HTC Sense is the worst.
Moto Blur is spectacular and Moto Blur is the and epic fail.
Sammy TouchWiz is horrible and Sammy TouchWiz is the bees-knees.

I think the only legitimate reason to state that you think Moto blur sucks is because you used it and you didn't like it. At which point you are completely entitled to that opinion. Otherwise, saying you liked it and asking for someone else to explain why the didn't like it seems like you are only looking to argue/debate about it (which you are welcome to do so long as you keep it clean and on topic of the devices and not each other.) or you are looking for a reason not to like it (sort of like the people that loved the pentile screens until someone said "but what about allllll the ppiixxeelllssssss?" and suddenly they think "bleh, yeah, why couldn't I see that before... it's so horrible now).

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The reason you couldn't find anything wrong with it is because in your opinion... there is nothing wrong with it. ....

I think you have something there. I only used Moto Blur for 5 minutes, but in my time I couldn't find a reason to hate it. In that short time, I would not have enough information to debate anything, I was just looking to read why some people don't like it. Could this bias my opinion, possibly. But, some people don't like Xbox 360, and I ignored those people who claim that the PS3 is a better system and I enjoy my Xbox 360 everyday.

So yes, it is all about preference.