While I wait....Rezound or Razr?

ryno2d

Reaction score
I'm going in today to pick up a Rezound - my OG can't take it anymore. Hopefully GN is released prior to the exchange time on the Rezound being up

MrKleen

Reaction score
I keep going back and forth on this myself. I need to decide since I will rent one of them tomorrow.

Was going to try the Razr but its not sounding good.

AshesInPompeii

Reaction score
I love my Incredible, and most of the reason is Sense. Yes, I have a much older version than what is out now, but it has really useful/pretty Widgets, and it is intrusive, but in a good way. The Smart Dialer is cool also. Overall, i would suggest the Rezound, if only for a month.

mjones73

Reaction score
With lancher pro how is the web browsing expirience? I can not stand lag or sticky browsing. Love the way iphone's browser is so smooth.

Launcher Pro is just a home replacement, has nothing to do with web browsing so I wouldn't expect it to change any.

nbucko

Reaction score
my OG can't take it anymore

Your OG can't take it, or YOU can't take it anymore? I just don't see the point in spending $35 to "rent" a phone for an undetermined amount of time.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Your OG can't take it, or YOU can't take it anymore? I just don't see the point in spending $35 to "rent" a phone for an undetermined amount of time.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

I agree. This whole "renting" fiasco has gotten way out of hand. I would honestly prefer my OG over both a Razr and a Rezound. If we are just patient, I know the Nexus will be worth the wait.

justin482005

Reaction score
i havent heard of the rental deal with verizon ? im curious how does that work
Rezound first HD screen would love to see that.Would do the rental thing but im not giving Verizon anymore of my money(They stole $215 from me)unless its a Nexus.

Starbuckpga

Reaction score
Yes what are some of you referring to as the "rental"? My two weeks is up tomorrow with Verizon and my current phone. However I did read where Verizon changed the policy that if you bought a phone on or after Nov 15th you had till Dec 31st to take it back or replace it.

I'm thinking about taking mine back tonight, cancel, then go back this weekend to get the Razr again and keep it till the Nexus comes out so I don't have to worry about the 14 days since I would fall under the holiday policy.

I assume that's what you guys are referring to.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
i havent heard of the rental deal with verizon ? im curious how does that work

buy a phone keep it 2 weeks then return it for another phone and pay $35 restocking fee.... and if you don't like the new phone your stuck with it because you can only have 1 exchange

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Starbuckpga

Reaction score
buy a phone keep it 2 weeks then return it for another phone and pay $35 restocking fee.... and if you don't like the new phone your stuck with it because you can only have 1 exchange

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

This would only apply to new customers and not existing customers.

Also if you didn't like the second phone after the first exchange, just take it back period and get your money back as you wouldn't be exchanging it again.

patriot95

Reaction score
I bought the RAZR from Best Buy and I think it is a great phone. I honestly think I'll have a hard time giving it up for the Nexus. The quality of the build is not matched by any phone. It feels great in the hand and for a larger phone it fits great in the pocket. The Rezound seemed pretty boring to me. It's just another smart phone. I've kind of viewed every HTC phone (on Verizon) that way since the Dinc. I will probably still grab the Nexus.. but if I don't I'll be more than happy with the RAZR.

SixEighteen

Reaction score
My Razr isn't having any of the issues everyone is complaining about.
Out of curiosity, what issues have been reported with the Razr?

Yes what are some of you referring to as the "rental"? My two weeks is up tomorrow with Verizon and my current phone. However I did read where Verizon changed the policy that if you bought a phone on or after Nov 15th you had till Dec 31st to take it back or replace it.

I'm thinking about taking mine back tonight, cancel, then go back this weekend to get the Razr again and keep it till the Nexus comes out so I don't have to worry about the 14 days since I would fall under the holiday policy.

I assume that's what you guys are referring to.
The OP should take note of this as well - the holiday extended return policy ONLY applies to non-activated devices. Verizon reps have confirmed that activation of a device constitutes acceptances of the terms and conditions of your contract, which restricts you to the standard 14-day waiting period. You cannot take a phone on an extended test run and then return it.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what issues have been reported with the Razr?

The OP should take note of this as well - the holiday extended return policy ONLY applies to non-activated devices. Verizon reps have confirmed that activation of a device constitutes acceptances of the terms and conditions of your contract, which restricts you to the standard 14-day waiting period. You cannot take a phone on an extended test run and then return it.

If this is true, people need to be made aware of quickly. I know I've seen multiple members here do this already with their intention being to pick up the Nexus 100%.

I don't know if this is true though, when I bought my OG, they said I could return it until January 9th because of the same thing. I went in to exchange it when it had a radio problem and I was like am I within my 14 days? and they said oh you have until January 9th because you bought it during our promo.

So we need to get someone from Verizon to 100% confirm this for those who bought their "rental". I didn't buy one, but I know a couple of our friends here at DF did.