ForumRunner_20130122_172041.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 194

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Nope, no good. Here's the first screen I see when adding it and the spinner spins for a while, then I get the second screen (same as above).

yza3e4ub.jpg

5y9e2yzy.jpg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Here's what I have;

yje8ydet.jpg

2evuzata.jpg

a3a3a3um.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

yaterml

Reaction score
Nope, no good. Here's the first screen I see when adding it and the spinner spins for a while, then I get the second screen (same as above).

ForumRunner_20130122_173025.png

ForumRunner_20130122_172753.png

ForumRunner_20130122_173047.png

ForumRunner_20130122_172951.png

ForumRunner_20130122_172829.png

ForumRunner_20130122_173025.png

This is how everything is stacked in my system. Permissions and owners. I would wipe your data for circles, uninstall and reinstall.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130122_172822.png
    ForumRunner_20130122_172822.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 199

yaterml

Reaction score
Exactly what I did. Updated to JB, Installed Razr M Launcher, Circles, Weather, Notifications Quick view, favorites. Then when I noticed that the launcher wouldn't launch GPS toggle I used TB to change launcher to a system app (why it's red in the picture) when I made circles and weather system apps they crashed. So i changed them back. Once I moved the Launcher to a system app I have to wipe its data and had to re-add it to the homescreen and had now issues. After changing it to a system app it sped up and gps toggle worked. Circles and Widget needs to be a user app and the homescreen has to be a system app once you change everything around reinstall and over write the current version.

Krenzy

Reaction score
Alright I got it to work. I missed the part where you mentioned that after making sure the old and new homescreen permissions match, that I needed to reinstall the RAZR M homescreen while in the system/app menu. Thanks guys!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well, I'm glad someone else got it to work. I'm no longer able to get Circles working on the M launcher. I know it's the M launcher because I can swipe to the system settings screen and the other direction to the manage home screens. Also, GPS toggle now works, and yet CirclesWidget fails as it says "The Circles Widget is not supported on 3rd party home screens" and with the letters "Problem loading widget" in the gray box overlaid on that.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the CirclesWidget several times, rebooted inbetween, have cleared the Homescreen data and also the Widget data...nothing seems to work. It's strange because it worked previously when the Homescreen wasn't a system app.

I'm stumped. :blink:

EDIT:

OK, really strange...on a hunch I simply reinstalled the Homescreen.apk as a normal app (thinking that's what Krenzy did), and it worked!

SO I don't understand why it needed to be reinstalled when it was already installed and set as a system app.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Exactly what I did. Updated to JB, Installed Razr M Launcher, Circles, Weather, Notifications Quick view, favorites. Then when I noticed that the launcher wouldn't launch GPS toggle I used TB to change launcher to a system app (why it's red in the picture) when I made circles and weather system apps they crashed. So i changed them back. Once I moved the Launcher to a system app I have to wipe its data and had to re-add it to the homescreen and had now issues. After changing it to a system app it sped up and gps toggle worked. Circles and Widget needs to be a user app and the homescreen has to be a system app once you change everything around reinstall and over write the current version.

Thank you Yaterml for everything! You've given me all I need now to work this through into a step by step. I'm going to compile and then send you a copy to review and critique if you don't mind. Once done, I'll incorporate into my class and we should be good to go.

One thing though...on the version of Circles that I had installed previously when I clicked the "Add cities" initially it gave me a choice of "use current location", yet this version does not. It does show the current location with the switch above, but when adding a city you can only use city name or zip code, so the list of cities will be all the ones you normally but the widget itself will flip between the listed cities plus one additional copy of the city you are in. For me, when I flip the weather widget there's Philadelphia (I'm in Philadelphia now), then a copy of Philadelphia, and finally Broomall. When I go into the Cities list, there's only one copy of Philadelphia and one of Broomall.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I'm not understanding why everyone is havaing trouble getting circles to work. All I did was download the apk's from the original thread and loaded them into my "downloads" folder on my SD card. After that I turned on "unknown sources" and then tapped on the apk's to launch the instalers. All went well except the two config files generated an error. Other than that, everything is working fast and great for me. I have fully functioning circles, quick settings, launcher, and favorites.

I had to reboot after installing favorites to get it to expand and now it works great.

...and I am not rooted.

David

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
In quick settings, try toggling GPS off...

yaterml

Reaction score
Thank you Yaterml for everything! You've given me all I need now to work this through into a step by step. I'm going to compile and then send you a copy to review and critique if you don't mind. Once done, I'll incorporate into my class and we should be good to go.

One thing though...on the version of Circles that I had installed previously when I clicked the "Add cities" initially it gave me a choice of "use current location", yet this version does not. It does show the current location with the switch above, but when adding a city you can only use city name or zip code, so the list of cities will be all the ones you normally but the widget itself will flip between the listed cities plus one additional copy of the city you are in. For me, when I flip the weather widget there's Philadelphia (I'm in Philadelphia now), then a copy of Philadelphia, and finally Broomall. When I go into the Cities list, there's only one copy of Philadelphia and one of Broomall.

The reason you have a duplicated city is because there is the one you added and the automatic city based on location.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah, I know that, but if you want to be able to see what the weather is like in somewhere you frequent, such as Philadelphia for me, you need to add it. Perhaps I'm simply mistaken but I don't think I had duplicates in there before...

I've come upon the same problem as before with the CirclesWidget. After a reboot, Circles fails again. It seems to think the Homescreen is not the system app, yet permissions and ownership are correct, and it no longer fails on GPS toggle.