How to get the REAL Circles widget on OG RAZR

Krenzy

Reaction score
Foxkat, in System/app I have my newly moved RAZR M honeacreen as com.motorola etc, but I ala have my old standard home screen simply listed as Home screen. Is yours different?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What you see above is what I have...I've moved nothing.

Krenzy

Reaction score
I guess I assumed the Dec 26 date was when you (and I) updated to JB, but the com.Motorola.homescreen or whatever is the new RAZR M version. And I just realized I may be misreading this entire conversation lol.

yaterml

Reaction score
I guess I assumed the Dec 26 date was when you (and I) updated to JB, but the com.Motorola.homescreen or whatever is the new RAZR M version. And I just realized I may be misreading this entire conversation lol.

Lol...

yaterml

Reaction score

yaterml

Reaction score
Hehe...yeah. I'm not sure we'll ever figure out "how this happened", but what I do know is when installing those apps, it said that they were system apps and asked me if I wanted to proceed. I said yes, so apparently it at least tried to replace the system versions. What I don't understand is how I can still have the old system version of Homescreen and yet can't find it in either Data/App or System/App.

I am running backup now.

Edit; By the way, here's what is in the Data/App folder for Homescreen and CirclesWidget...

It's actually quite strange in fact...all the apps in that folder have either a "-1" or a "-2" after them in the name as shown above.

I am going to assume they are back up numbers or you downloaded them more then once?

yaterml

Reaction score
I am going to assume they are back up numbers or you downloaded them more then once?

No I known exactly what happened the version in System Apps is the JB launcher from the new update and the ones in the Data/apps is the Razr M one you installed.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ok, backup is done...

I've long-pressed on homecreen.apk and this is what I see...

u9e6uga2.jpg

Nevermind...you can't select Convert to system app unless the version of TIBU is the donate version...

OK, so back to plan B...Root Browser.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

yaterml

Reaction score
Foxkat, in System/app I have my newly moved RAZR M honeacreen as com.motorola etc, but I ala have my old standard home screen simply listed as Home screen. Is yours different?

What he has posted the first pictures shows the JB Razr Homescreen in his system folder and the new screenshot shows that he still has the Razr M home screen as a user app and that's why he is having his crash on toggle issue.

yaterml

Reaction score
Ok, backup is done...

Nevermind...you can't select Convert to system app unless the version of TIBU is the donate version...

Okay move com.Motorola homescreen to your system/app folder with rw-r-r permissions and -o root owner the permissions should look just like your homescreen.apk that is there currently after that make sure they are correct reinstall from within the system/app folder.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
What he has posted the first pictures shows the JB Razr Homescreen in his system folder and the new screenshot shows that he still has the Razr M home screen as a user app and that's why he is having his crash on toggle issue.

OK, so I have success with making the com.motorola.homescreen-1.apk into a system app by first moving it to System/App as instructed by yaterml, then going in and renaming it to com.motorola.homescreen.apk, then pressing and holding it to go to permissions, made sure it was rw.r..r.. and then to Ownership and the two ownership settings which were 1000:system was changed to 0:root.

Then hit home and it failed, so with a reboot, it came up. GPS toggle now works, but the Circles Widget fails with this...

husyty5y.jpg

yaterml

Reaction score
Ok, backup is done...

Sorry about that my bad :-(

yaterml

Reaction score
OK, so I have success with making the com.motorola.homescreen-1.apk into a system app by first moving it to System/Data as instructed by yaterml, then going in and renaming it to com.motorola.homescreen.apk, then pressing and holding it to go to permissions, made sure it was rw.r..r.. and then to Ownership and the two ownership settings which were 1000:system was changed to 0:root.

Then hit home and it failed, so with a reboot, it came up. GPS toggle now works, but the Circles Widget fails with this...

System/data or system/app?

Sorry, system/app. Fixed OP.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You have to re add the circles widget to the home screen and reboot the properties on this were installed when the launcher was in data/app

I did re-add, but I'll remove, reboot and try again.

It might be time for a FDR and start over... I'm not liking all the -1 and -2 names on the files in Data/App. There isn't ONE app in there that DOESN'T have either a -1 or -2 in the name.