How to get the REAL Circles widget on OG RAZR

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm noticing one thing different between yaterml's and my file lists. His com.motorola.homescreen.apk is a different file length than mine. Could it be that we've got different versions of the homescreen.apk, and maybe they're incompatible with the version of CirclesWidget.apk that we have?

Krenzy

Reaction score
I will say this Foxkat, before I lost Circles, after I got it working right mine did have the option to Use Current City, both before and after moving the files around; not sure why yours lost it.

yaterml

Reaction score
I will say this Foxkat, before I lost Circles, after I got it working right mine did have the option to Use Current City, both before and after moving the files around; not sure why yours lost it.

Mine too?

avenged61973

Reaction score
I'm noticing one thing different between yaterml's and my file lists. His com.motorola.homescreen.apk is a different file length than mine. Could it be that we've got different versions of the homescreen.apk, and maybe they're incompatible with the version of CirclesWidget.apk that we have?

http://www.mediafire.com/?5i1t2h13ugcxlx8
Here is a link to the launcher/circle widget zip that I downloaded. Maybe it's different than yours and will work out better for you?

hobby31

Reaction score
Foxcat, I agree you should download everything. There is a version for the Motorola Atrix out there also and the circles widget will not work between launchers.

My home screen shows is the same size as the pic from previous post. 14.44 mb.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Found this on XDA...(xda-developers - View Single Post - Razr M Launcher,Circle Widgets , Notification Count, and few stock app on Raz)

In case your 3D Circle Widget doesn't work after reboot try this

instructions for noobs

1. make a copy of the Razr M homescreen.apk
2. change the .apk extension to .zip
3. extract using winrar or winzip
4. locate the files 'libnative_renderer.so' & 'libtexture_mem.so' inside the folder 'armeabi' under lib folder
5. copy both files to system\lib folder and overwrite any existing files and set permissions rw r r
6. REBOOT
7. Install 3d circles and weather in any order

Seems that the lib files for the new launcher are different than the ones in the stock JB launcher, so the new launcher fails with the circles widget.

I'm about to try this fix.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, so there's an Atrix version and a M version out there (actually many copies of both), and it's possible we're dealing with crossed files.

I'm so close to FDR and starting over, but the link on XDA and post I referenced shows using the lib files to fix compatibility. I am still trying to get them across to my phone from the APK.

Edit: I used Root Browser to simply extract them on the phone, then copied them to the Lib folder in System, changed permissions and ownership, and added the CirclesWidget, it worked perfectly. Now I am rebooting.

AND THIS WORKED!!

yaterml

Reaction score
OK, so there's an Atrix version and a M version out there (actually many copies of both), and it's possible we're dealing with crossed files.

I'm so close to FDR and starting over, but the link on XDA and post I referenced shows using the lib files to fix compatibility. I am still trying to get them across to my phone from the APK.

I uploaded my weather and circles files they will be up till tomorrow and they will be removed.

yaterml

Reaction score

Edit: I used Root Browser to simply extract them on the phone, then copied them to the Lib folder in System, changed permissions and ownership, and added the CirclesWidget, it worked perfectly. Now I am rebooting.

AND THIS WORKED!!

Awesome... So it sounds like improper files and settings. Thank gawd that's done. Now on to total droid forum domination and moderator of the year, lol.

hobby31

Reaction score
I'm responding cause I'm seeing posts about delete this, move that. I'm on the JB leak from Christmas, have a RAZR maxx, stock and rooted. I'm using the RAZR M homescreen, circles widget, favorites, and weather apks. I downloaded them sometime back in October cause I used them for a bit with ICS so I don't remember exactly where I got them. Anyway, all I did was install them as regular apks, (find them in a folder I have on my sdcard, tap and install). I then used titanium backup to make the homescreen, circles widget, and weather system apps. Reboot and everything works fine. I didn't have to move the original homescreen config files or anything. My circles widget hasn't caused any problems whether it was a user app or a system app. I used it as a system app the last 2 days with no problems with 4 locations in it. I gotta believe those having problems either have bad downloads or aren't installing them right.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Awesome... So it sounds like improper files and settings. Thank gawd that's done. Now on to total droid forum domination and moderator of the year, lol.

ROFLOL! :rofl3:

Well, I don't know about Moderator of the year, but I'm definitely feeling a little domineering...:biggrin:

I've rebooted 3 times, and every time the CirclesWidget is working without any intervention. I also checked and GPS toggle is still working, so I think we've got this one licked.

Now to put it into a step-by-step that others can follow.

I'm going to extract the two lib files and add them as separate downloads to simplify things for others. This way they don't have to make copies and extract and then try to find them.

Thanks yaterml, Krenzy, YellowJacket, avenged61973, GoCliffGo05, hobby31 and bosshog85 (think I got everyone), for all your input. If we do this right, everyone will be able to enjoy their phones just a little bit more. :icon_ banana:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm responding cause I'm seeing posts about delete this, move that. I'm on the JB leak from Christmas, have a RAZR maxx, stock and rooted. I'm using the RAZR M homescreen, circles widget, favorites, and weather apks. I downloaded them sometime back in October cause I used them for a bit with ICS so I don't remember exactly where I got them. Anyway, all I did was install them as regular apks, (find them in a folder I have on my sdcard, tap and install). I then used titanium backup to make the homescreen, circles widget, and weather system apps. Reboot and everything works fine. I didn't have to move the original homescreen config files or anything. My circles widget hasn't caused any problems whether it was a user app or a system app. I used it as a system app the last 2 days with no problems with 4 locations in it. I gotta believe those having problems either have bad downloads or aren't installing them right.

I don't doubt there's something to what you're saying...still, I have them working now and the ONLY thing I changed to get them working properly was the lib files mentioned above. Also, I am not using TIBU, so I didn't have a "one-button" solution for making those apps into system apps (which does all the moving for you - hence why you don't recall doing any moving...) Another thing is that yaterml mentioned not making CirclesWidget. or Weather.apk into a system app as he said there's some issues.

I am up and fully functional now. Next step is to duplicate this on the wife's RAZR using the steps I know worked. If it is successful, then I'll write the steps out into a class.

Krenzy

Reaction score
Nevermind, I did it all through root explorer and figured it out