Heellp i bricked my phone

Blondy

Reaction score
Hey can anybody help me I bricked my phone but I can still get into the recovery menu but I can't start it in safe mode or anything else I lost all restore point's is there anyway possible to get it back working again

713King

Reaction score
what Droid are you talking about?? Droid X, or original Droid???????????????? If original search for SBF TO ROOT AND UNROOT something like that and follow directions and it will unbrick your phone

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey can anybody help me I bricked my phone but I can still get into the recovery menu but I can't start it in safe mode or anything else I lost all restore point's is there anyway possible to get it back working again

Relax, your profile says you have droid 1 so if you can get into recovery you're fine.

1. do you have any working backups? if so wipe data/cache x2 and restore.
2. if not look here: SBF to root and to unroot

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If your phone can still get into recovery, it is far from bricked. Can you give us more information ie: what you were doing when things went wrong, rooted or not, clockwork recovery or SPR

All of this information is vital in helping you along

OP
B

Blondy

Reaction score
Yea I was in clockwork trying to restore and my restore point's were gone and I reset to factory but that didn't do nothing it just won't go past the M and if I try ro charge it just turn's off and back on and I let it sit for day's

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Sounds like possibly a low battery issue. Since it doesn't charge while in recovery, and you've spent a lot of time in recovery it may be too weak to boot now. Even though its turning off and on when charging let it be for a while, on the wall charger.

What does it say when you open the bootloader? (Power + up on dpad)

$.02, spend it as you please.

OP
B

Blondy

Reaction score
battery low cannot program and It has been on the wall charger the whole time I just found out that everything has been formated the system the boot all that stuff sd-ext. if the system is formated the it's pretty much done for isn't it even if I can go into recovery

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Just find a way to get it charged, even if it means buying an external battery charger. Do you know someone esle with a droid? You can use the link you were provided, you will use RSDLite to restore the factory image with an sbf file. All easy to find and relatively easy to do, just follow the directions. You are not bricked, far from it.

Mikejl

Reaction score
If you can get your battery charged by using an external battery charger or borrowing a friends battery, then you can just download a ROM from DF and flash it.

You can mount your SD CARD by USB cable to your computer and copy a ROM over from Recovery. No need to go the RSD Light route yet.

Mike

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
If you are still in recovery (as it has been said) your phone will not charge. Therefore, reboot, plug the phone up to the WALL charger (not usb) and let it charge for 2-3 hours. That should give you enough juice in your battery to flash another rom or restore your backup.

Also, when you say your "restore points" are missing, I do not understand what you are looking for. Once you are in recovery go to nandroid then restore, then choose the backup you are wanting to restore.