Is my phone BRICKED?

sports96

Reaction score
I'm stuck on the Welcome to Droid screen where it says Touch the android to begin. That is as far as I can get. When I reboot the phone using the Power and X key it opens in ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.0.8. I cant seem to get it to do anything else except this screen and the Welcome to Droid screen. Does this mean that my phone is Bricked? If not what can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moved you to where the experts are.....

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm stuck on the Welcome to Droid screen where it says Touch the android to begin. That is as far as I can get. When I reboot the phone using the Power and X key it opens in ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.0.8. I cant seem to get it to do anything else except this screen and the Welcome to Droid screen. Does this mean that my phone is Bricked? If not what can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks

The meaning of bricked is it doesn't turn on. So no, it isn't bricked.

Sounds like a buggy install. Wipe your data and try to reinstall the rom. If that doesn't work report back.

SL-1200

Reaction score
I had this problem as well when installing UD 9.8 (update.zip). I tried re-installing to no avail.

I then tried installing with the SPRecovery nandroid format and it worked like a charm. :icon_ banana:

Last edited:
OP
sports96

sports96

Reaction score
I had this problem as well when installing UD 9.8 (update.zip). I tried re-installing to no avail.

I then tried installing with the SPRecovery nandroid format and it worked like a charm. :icon_ banana:

How did you install with the SPRecovery nandroid format? I cant get off this screen.

SL-1200

Reaction score

How did you install with the SPRecovery nandroid format? I cant get off this screen.

Well, seeing that you can get back into Clockwork, try doing your latest backup. Then go into Rom Manager (if you have this installed) and at the bottom of the page flash SPRecovery (this will then use SPRecovery instead of ClockworkMod). Download the SPRecovery nandroid file for whichever rom, create a new folder in your nandroid folder (SD card) and extract file into that folder. Reboot into SPRecovery and restore using that folder.

Someone please chime in if this sounds correct or if there is another way.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Well, seeing that you can get back into Clockwork, try doing your latest backup. Then go into Rom Manager (if you have this installed) and at the bottom of the page flash SPRecovery (this will then use SPRecovery instead of ClockworkMod). Download the SPRecovery nandroid file for whichever rom, create a new folder in your nandroid folder (SD card) and extract file into that folder. Reboot into SPRecovery and restore using that folder.

that sounds correct to me :)

OP
sports96

sports96

Reaction score

Ok here is what I did. In Clockwork I went to wipe data/factory reset and I did this 2 times. Then I went to wipe cache partition and did this 2 times. Then i went to nandroid, restore, and selected a file that looks like this 2010-04-02.21.10.08/ and it seems to install the backup but once it reboots it still comes back to the Welcome screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Ok here is what I did. In Clockwork I went to wipe data/factory reset and I did this 2 times. Then I went to wipe cache partition and did this 2 times. Then i went to nandroid, restore, and selected a file that looks like this 2010-04-02.21.10.08/ and it seems to install the backup but once it reboots it still comes back to the Welcome screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ok download a different ROM with an update.zip format to your pc. Plug your phone into your pc and boot into recovery. I think its in partition or advanced options but find and select mount usb storage. This will allow you to place the update.zip on your sdcard. Then wipe data and cache and then select install zip from sdcard and reboot.

SL-1200

Reaction score

Thanks

Is this the only backup that you have available through Clockwork? You can also mount your device to your computer in Clockwork. I believe you can then download the correct file from your computer (I'm not sure if it has to be Clockwork or if you can use other nandroid backups) and put it in the corresponding backup folder and restore using that file.

Again, not sure if this is correct so maybe wait to hear advice from other members.

Last edited:

SL-1200

Reaction score

Thanks

Ok download a different ROM with an update.zip format to your pc. Plug your phone into your pc and boot into recovery. I think its in partition or advanced options but find and select mount usb storage. This will allow you to place the update.zip on your sdcard. Then wipe data and cache and then select install zip from sdcard and reboot.

Nice, beat me to it! :D

jason11ac

Reaction score
droid 2 global bricked

Hi I bricked my droid 2 global. Im getting a phone replacement from verizon tomorrow and I have to send in my old bricked one. First, If they find out I rooted the phone what will they DO? also how can i erase all signs of my rooting. Im on a mac and I can get into bootloader, and recovery mode.