uht oh! did i brick my phone?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by xBabyBoy4021x, Oct 3, 2010.

  1. xBabyBoy4021x

    xBabyBoy4021x Member

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2010
    Messages:
    85
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    i rooted my droid and put lithium mod rom on it which ive been using for a couple months now, havent had any problems till now, i havent done anything like change roms or anything like that recently and all of a sudden it started ringing thru the top front speaker that u listen to when ur talking on the phone but it wasnt my regular ringtone, i tried rebooting it and now it wont boot up, it shows the boot screen but gets stuck there, its not a boot LOOP, it just gets to the last part of the boot animation and sticks there, tried rebooting into recovery and it wouldnt do it by holding vol down+power, i got it to go into recovery by holding x+power, then tried to do a nandroid restore and it says the MD5 checksum is incorrect...at the moment it wont turn on at all but it might if i keep messing with it, anybody know wtf i did or wut is wrong or how to fix it? i really hope i didnt brick it!
     
  2. USCChem

    USCChem Member

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2010
    Messages:
    92
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried connecting it to power? Maybe you're just out of battery. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to brick a Droid without actually physically damaging it.
     
  3. bomber889

    bomber889 Member

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2010
    Messages:
    862
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    California
    Ratings:
    +0
    Might want to charge it for like 30 minutes through a wall charger and then see what happens
     
  4. xBabyBoy4021x

    xBabyBoy4021x Member

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2010
    Messages:
    85
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    ya it was going dead but it was plugged in the whole time i was messing with it, i got it working now, i had to wipe data and cache, every time i tried to restore it said my md5 checksum was wrong, i found out that the cause of that was that i changed the name of the restore after creating it