Scared! plz help.. i think its bricked.

angler1

Reaction score
All you need is something stable right now to work off of. Mbk might suggest UD. Sorry had to lol. There all good. Do some research and see which one has the things you like.

OP
E

EddieG6

Reaction score
ok i will put a rom on my sd card.. but where do i find a rom to download?

lilhill

Reaction score
You should always use Tom manager's option to "backup current rom" in the future. Then all you'd hafta do was boot in cw, select nandroid, restore, and your recent backup.

I would do what was stated above and put your SD card in your comp, download a ROM and then put the card back in your Droid and go to CW, install zip from SD card, choose zip, then scroll til you find what you put o. The SD card and hit the camera button...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All you need is something stable right now to work off of. Mbk might suggest UD. Sorry had to lol. There all good. Do some research and see which one has the things you like.

Good one Bro...made me chuckle...lol:)

ok i will put a rom on my sd card.. but where do i find a rom to download?
Download any ROM from the custom rom section

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Eddie...read my post on the third page.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The top of most subsections and every single rooting guide I see tends to stress the importance of making a backup. Make one before applying a rom. Make one before applying a theme.

I was on ss4.2 last week and this week tried out Sapphire. First thing I did was backed up ss4.2. Next I flashed Sapphire and made another backup once I registered with Google. Then I got all my apps and desktop how I wanted, and applied the smoked glass theme...with the fonts. I didn't like the fonts and had to restore my original sapphire install because I hadn't made another setup after my apps and desktop were all set up. Got the theme the way I wanted, apps installed, desktop setup and made another backup.

Been running it 2 days. Today in the car I try to say "navigate to place" and voice search doesn't work. I try to open the map and map doesn't work. Reboot to recovery and 2 minutes later I'm back on ss4.2 with voice search and navigation with gps working fine. Tomorrow I'll flash back to Sapphire and fix voice search and maps. Backups are handy.

Nobody has mentioned the battery. There is a chance it is looping due to the phone either thinking the battery is low or it actually being low. Leave it on charge for a couple of hours, on the wall charger. Make sure the white LED is on where the cord plugs into the phone.

If the phone still does not boot up and you have no backup to restore with then you will need to reinstall any rom you want from scratch. Wipe cache and data a couple of times first.

If you can not get into recovery then you will need to flash the SBF SPRecovery app back onto your phone. If that doesn't work then you will be flashing the SBF file back to 2.01 stock and from there you can then get SPRecovery installed.

First though...I'd let the phone charge a bit. See if it doesn't just boot up.

Need a rom?
Look in the rom subsection here to flash a rom. Or look at the first link in my signature, post 13 of that thread, for the link to grab either SPRecovery or Clockwork version of the Froyo 2.2 stock rom.

OP
E

EddieG6

Reaction score
you guys!! i got it to work!! i followed the steps.. cleared data and cache.. and it booted to the home screen. my contacts are there.. and i hope my apps restore..
thank all you guys for your help.. life savers!!!
now what do i do to create a back up? i dont want this to happen again if i change ROMS.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you guys!! i got it to work!! i followed the steps.. cleared data and cache.. and it booted to the home screen. my contacts are there.. and i hope my apps restore..
now what do i do to create a back up? i dont want this to happen again if i change ROMS.

Np...your apps MIGHT auto-redownload, if not you're going to have to redownload them all...but thats better than a non functioning phone. Boot into recovery, choose backup/restore, perform backup NOW :)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great to hear you got it Eddie....:)

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Congrats, looks like it wasn't the battery this time. Both CW and SPRecovery have backup options within their respective tools. I always do a full nandroid backup with SPRecovery and my understanding is CW gives you no option other than just doing a full backup.

OP
E

EddieG6

Reaction score
thats all i have t odo? and if this happens again i will have an option to restore and it will all be fine?

OP
E

EddieG6

Reaction score
haha thanks you guys.. dancedroid n ow i just gotta manualy donwload all my apps again

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
haha thanks you guys.. dancedroid n ow i just gotta manualy donwload all my apps again

Way better way to spend the rest of the night vs just staring at a bricked phone eh? :) Nothing like a little panic to get the blood flowing and stomach churning.

lilhill

Reaction score
Also, download ROM Manager and you can make a CW backup right from its home menu.

If you use the backup tool My Backup, you can make separate apps and data backups (in addition to your SP or CW backup) so you can restore just your apps or system settings.

Glad you got this gs back under control - I know That's scary feeling of having seriously messed something up and not know how to fix it/if it can be fixed...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk