Scared! plz help.. i think its bricked.

OP
E

EddieG6

Reaction score
okay i pressed the nandroid option..and it said it backed everything up.. idk i am rebooting the system.. but man.. i think i have to follow his help guide.. because it keeps lopping.

i cannot mount the phone =( it wont do it because i cant even get to my home screen :(
its asking me if i really wanna whipe all data.. and it cannot be undone.. do i do this??? what will be erased from my phone??

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No..we said RESTORE a backup, not MAKE a backup :)

angler1

Reaction score
All you did was back up a bad rom. Can you mount your phone to a computer? You can mount your phone in recovery mode

OP
E

EddieG6

Reaction score
i cannot mount the phone =( it wont do it because i cant even get to my home screen :(
its asking me if i really wanna whipe all data.. and it cannot be undone.. do i do this??? what will be erased from my phone??

i should of made a backup..
im new to this guys.. i rooted and overclocked.. installed custom ROMS on my own...
i was new to this all..
now i just wish my phone works again..

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
okay i pressed the nandroid option..and it said it backed everything up.. idk i am rebooting the system.. but man.. i think i have to follow his help guide.. because it keeps lopping.

Eddie you must wipe, I am giving you the most painless solution here, and you MUST wipe if you ever hope to get that rom booted.

1. Boot into recovery

2. Select Wipe data

3. Select Wipe cache

4. Restore a backup NOT THE ONE THAT YOU JUST MADE.

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

i should of made a backup..
im new to this guys.. i rooted and overclocked.. installed custom ROMS on my own...
i was new to this all..
now i just wish my phone works again..

So besides the backup you just made, you do not have a backup?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think he stated that he can't boot up, so I'm sure he can't mount to the PC.... but if can boot into Clockwork but don't have a good backup to flash back to, try this.... try downloading a ROM to your PC, take out your micro SDCard and use your PC's card reader to copy over that ROM to the SDCard, re-insert it and then install from SDCard using ClockWork... worth a try, and don't forget to wipe both data and cache as Titan mentioned...

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think he stated that he can't boot up, so I'm sure he can't mount to the PC.... but if can boot into Clockwork but don't have a good backup to flash back to, try this.... try downloading a ROM to your PC, take out your micro SDCard and use your PC's card reader to copy over that ROM to the SDCard, re-insert it and then install from SDCard using ClockWork... worth a try, and don't forget to wipe both data and cache as Titan mentioned...

He actually can mount up through recovery.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

He actually can mount up through recovery.
And copy over a good ROM?

OP
E

EddieG6

Reaction score
thing is.. i dont have a backup :( i never made one because i am new to this and didnt really know what i was doing..
i learned to root from youtube.. overclocked from youtube... installed roms from rom manager..

OP
E

EddieG6

Reaction score
okay well do you guys know where i can download a ROM? i can save it to my SD card and install it.
or do i have to use RSD Lite and fix this?? thannk you guys for helping me

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thing is.. i dont have a backup :( i never made one because i am new to this and didnt really know what i was doing..
i learned to root from youtube.. overclocked from youtube... installed roms from rom manager..

Okay guess you didn't see my post on the last page

Steps

1. Boot into recovery

2. Wipe data (yes, you must do it)

3. Wipe cache (yes you must do it)

4. Reinstall the rom by selecting the install zip from sd card. The rom should be in clockwork mod folder. Or if you have no experience in digging through the clockwork mod folder, DL the rom from Chevy's forum section, go to partitions in recovery, Enable USB, drop the rom into the sd card, Disable USB, and then install as zip (after completing steps 2-3)

And for future reference, ALWAYS make a backup once you get a stable rom working, so that you have something to easily fallback on.

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
Just mount through recovery and load a good ROM on there to be installed.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do you have a card reader on your PC that you can insert your micro SDCard to?... if so just download another ROM to your SDCard and then boot back into ClockWork and install that ROM from the sdcard

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Now you have two methods to try and get a good ROM onto your SDCard to install thru clockwork