plz i beg yu guys plz help me!!!

droidboi12

Reaction score
my motorola droid yesterday was sliding really slow so i decided like a dummy and put water on it, then it starts acting all weird, so i took the battery out and sd card but its still the same thing, i replaced my fone about 3 times now and i cant do it again because my dad would kill me! is thr anything that i could do to make it 100% functional again please guys help me plz!

bje1982

Reaction score
my motorola droid yesterday was sliding really slow so i decided like a dummy and put water on it, then it starts acting all weird, so i took the battery out and sd card but its still the same thing, i replaced my fone about 3 times now and i cant do it again because my dad would kill me! is thr anything that i could do to make it 100% functional again please guys help me plz!

Sliding slow? your screen? what would make you think water would fix it? Are your water mark stickers on the battery and phone pink?

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Just WOW on the water thing, wow :icon_eek:

How long have you let it dry for? take apart the battery cover, battery, and SD card out, and slide the phone open and place them all n front of a fan for a few hours and rotate them every 15 minutes... after like 4 hours or even overnight, give it a shot.

My GF dropped a LG Dare into a pool, and used a fan to dry it over night and it worked flawlessly after the suggestion I made above.

wench

Reaction score
put it in a ziplock bag of uncooked rice for a couple of days.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Don't use rice. Pull your battery before you short out your phone. Go to a gun shop and buy silica gel and bury your phone in it. It's the stuff that comes packed with new shoes. It absorbs far more moisture more quickly than rice.

Rice produces a fine "rice dust" that can get inside your electronics and cling to any moisture inside. Once it does it forms a gunk that can ruin your phone. Leave it there without the battery for a minimum of 24 hours depending on how much water is in your phone.

Here's what to look for. And always keep it on hand... you never know when it'll come in handy.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CDkQ8wIwAw#

Last edited:

gmmurphy

Reaction score
my droid in toilet never came back. rice, silica, oven (low) and fans. the charge light is the only thing that works...uggh. droids hate water:icon_evil:

i for the life of me cant figure why water would make it slide better, the keyboard slide? wow!

so sorry

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
WATER!!!

In what Bizzaro world is water ever good for electronics?

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
well, i remember when I was a little kid, I had to learn that sockets will shock the living daylights out of you somehow :)

learning is fun

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well, i remember when I was a little kid, I had to learn that sockets will shock the living daylights out of you somehow :)

learning is fun

Yes, well I'm sure you were younger then then OP when you learned that.

LOL

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
lol regardless of that, i ALWAYS knew that throwing my fathers pager into the pool was a sure fire way to piss him off... good times :)

droidbionic

Reaction score
my droid in toilet never came back. rice, silica, oven (low) and fans. the charge light is the only thing that works...uggh. droids hate water:icon_evil:

i for the life of me cant figure why water would make it slide better, the keyboard slide? wow!

so sorry

dropped Droid in toilet? lol