Moto Boot Loop/Recovery Mode!!!???

Cuttalott

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to fix this? I can't get to recovery mode to restore a previous rom = ( I tried reboot in recovery through Rom Manager and it still gives a Moto Emblem Boot Loop one time and then boots up normally. My issue is I cannot get to my recovery mode to restore or install anything... it always loops one time then boots normal. If I hold X then I get a Moto boot loop until I let it go... can someone please help me restore my phone or get to recovery mode???

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to fix this? I can't get to recovery mode to restore a previous rom = ( I tried reboot in recovery through Rom Manager and it still gives a Moto Emblem Boot Loop one time and then boots up normally. My issue is I cannot get to my recovery mode to restore or install anything... it always loops one time then boots normal. If I hold X then I get a Moto boot loop until I let it go... can someone please help me restore my phone or get to recovery mode???

Go back to ROm Manager, flash an old expirimental recovery, then flash the new one 3 times...Try to reboot into recovery

OP
C

Cuttalott

Reaction score
Worked like a charm!!! Thanks man u saved the day!!!

kenbarnum

Reaction score

Thanks for saying that! I had a similar problem and these forums had the answer.

I have seen a lot of people whose clockwork recoveries have been lost due to rom manager not working (i think). This is the fix unless you install a rom from rom manager without knowing you have already lost recovery and your new rom is in a boot loop...then you're screwed for 3 hours reflashing sprecovery from start...hence how I learned!

brando56894

Reaction score
Yea within the last few days Ive been having problems with getting into CWR recovery also, for example right now. It happened like two days ago and I checked the option for "erase recovery" and then reflashed it and it worked fine, but not this time. Im gonna try the method stated here.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks for saying that! I had a similar problem and these forums had the answer.

I have seen a lot of people whose clockwork recoveries have been lost due to rom manager not working (i think). This is the fix unless you install a rom from rom manager without knowing you have already lost recovery and your new rom is in a boot loop...then you're screwed for 3 hours reflashing sprecovery from start...hence how I learned!

I think you're correct.