Reaction score
Hmmm.
Firmware version.
Android 4.0.3
Sense 3.6
Software 3.14.605.13.710RD

Did that answer your question?

B

looks like your on the last official ICS realease, not the current official global or leaked global...bluetooth is working fine on the CM10 JB roms and bluetooth calling is broke on the CM9 roms. The CM10 JB roms are based off the global leak ruu.. you would need to update and can find that here:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][CDMA/GSM][Unofficial] CM10.1 JB 4.2.2 for HTC Rezound [05-09-13]

if you do so remember to relock the bootloader first. the only current limitations I'm aware of are mhl capabilities are not supported... I highly recommend trying out the JB experience though.

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Cool.
So it sounds like I need to reroot.
Do you have a link to concise instructions?

Thanks!
B

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Oh, duh.
Sorry.
I meant unroot.

B

Okay, :) you will have to relock the bootloader and flash the global leak ruu, that will unroot the device for you because it ultimately does a factory reset in the process.
Give me till Monday when I'm back at my office pc and I'll hook it up.

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Wow.
I didn't know we could do PM on here.

Live and learn.

I responded with your request but didn't see my response show up afterward.
Did you get it?

Thanks
B

turkjey5

Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial. I'm trying to unlock it. I paste "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" and I get "waiting for device" that never goes away. Does anyone know what might be going on? The rezound is connected w/ USB and XP recognizes it.

thanks

acejavelin

Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial. I'm trying to unlock it. I paste "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" and I get "waiting for device" that never goes away. Does anyone know what might be going on? The rezound is connected w/ USB and XP recognizes it.

thanks
I you sure you are following the directions correctly? You should be in Fastboot, pull the battery and then put it back in, and disconnect from the PC, power up holding Power+Vol Down until the bootloader screen appears, connect your USB and select Fastboot, now on your PC type "fastboot devices" and if you get a response with a weird mixed number (your device serial number actually), then continue. If you are not getting the proper response after "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" then you do not have the proper drivers installed in your PC, your phone is already unlocked, or you are running a customized/hacked/engineered HBoot.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I you sure you are following the directions correctly? You should be in Fastboot, pull the battery and then put it back in, and disconnect from the PC, power up holding Power+Vol Down until the bootloader screen appears, connect your USB and select Fastboot, now on your PC type "fastboot devices" and if you get a response with a weird mixed number (your device serial number actually), then continue. If you are not getting the proper response after "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" then you do not have the proper drivers installed in your PC, your phone is already unlocked, or you are running a customized/hacked/engineered HBoot.

I just noticed you're running a Nexus 4. How do you like that one? I want to get one for my daughter. I'm stuck on my HTC One for at least another month before I move to the Moto X (unless they announce the new one soon)

acejavelin

Reaction score
I just noticed you're running a Nexus 4. How do you like that one? I want to get one for my daughter. I'm stuck on my HTC One for at least another month before I move to the Moto X (unless they announce the new one soon)
Honestly, I love it... I still have a Rez for my work phone, but for my personal phone when my contract was up with Verizon I dropped it and went to the Nexus 4 and AT&T Go Phone, mainly to save around $40/month. It is pure Android, I don't even have a real interest in rooting or romming it right now, it is just too smooth and uncluttered (although I am huge fan of Beanstalk, wish the newer versions worked on the Rez) and I know it will get KitKat well before anything else out there except the Nexus 5. The battery life is really good, about 3-5 hours screen time and a full day easy with heavy use, the screen and camera are pretty good, I like the pictures better than my Rez but the screen honestly doesn't seem as sharp and vibrant, but it is still good. This phone changed my mind about a lot of things I thought in the cell phone world, GSM isn't bad, it's not slow, AT&T doesn't suck, etc, etc....

If I have one complaint it is the in-call audio, the Nexus 4 is known for this slight "ticking hiss" in the background well on a phone call sometimes, something to do with the placement of the antennas internally in the device, it is very faint and doesn't disrupt the conversation but for someone like me who has been a telecom technician for 20+ years it is easily noticeable when it is there, although most people would likely think it's just "normal".

As far as a comparison to the HTC One, can't really do that as I haven't really had a chance to play with one, although my son does have a HTC DNA so I can say compared to that I would say it is slightly superior, the Nexus 4 seems snappier and more responsive, probably because it is Sense-free.

The body worries me a bit with a full front and rear glass like the iPhone, but cases are cheap and plentiful and I have dropped it a few times with no issues, but still treat it with white gloves just to be safe.

All in all I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone, right now the only phone I would want to replace it is a Nexus 5, but I don't see any real advantage to upgrading just for the sake of upgrading, the gains are not that great.

turkjey5

Reaction score

OK, I got it now. I was doing the steps in the wrong order. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

acejavelin

Reaction score
Does the phone have to be in s-off to root? The amonRa link says it has to be unlocked and in s-off. Mine is unlocked but in s-on.
Thanks
No, S-OFF is something completely different, S-OFF is a method of removing the Bootloader Security flag, which prevents flashing of portions of the firmware (radios, Hboot, boot image in recovery). Obtaining S-OFF is not required for rooting or using a custom recovery, the main advantage of going S-OFF is you don't have to manually flash the ROMs boot.img file after flashing the ROM itself like you do when you are S-ON.

You need to:

1) Unlock via HTCdev.com
2) Boot (and optionally install) a customer recovery, remember that being S-ON you do NOT have to flash a recovery, just boot it!!!

3a) Flash the current SuperSU.zip file if all you want is root access on the default ROM
-OR-
3b) Flash a new ROM ZIP file, extract the boot.img file manually, and fastboot flash boot boot.img (if you fastboot boot the recovery.img file, you do not have to extract and flash the boot.img manually, if you booted into a flashed recovery, you do)

That is all you really NEED to do...

BTW, Amon Ra is no longer recommended for the Rezound for any current ROM... all developers of active ROMs for the Rezound recommend TWRP or CWM Recovery, both can perform all the needed functions of Amon Ra as well.