HTCDev.com Unlock

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound Development' started by MrSmith317, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Abs

Abs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone in "the know" have any idea about whether the rezound will receive S-OFF? I'm getting a phone soon and was of course looking at the nexus because of its unlockable capabilities. I know that the rezounds hardware is arguably better than the nexus. If the rezound gets completely unlocked... I feel I might be better going with that device over the nexus. Anyone else feel the same way?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

2. benny3

benny3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Complete unlock is almost irrelevant at this point. Unless you really want to be able to flash the radio. The Dev unlock gives us custom ROMS and the ability to mess about in the system partition. I, as probably most are am happy with having this because the worst you can do is soft brick.

4. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Forget the SDK manager, I've update the OP with CarePackage.zip that contains all the files you'll need to get through the unlocking process(minus the unlock code).

5. RVC

RVC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using a Mac....will this still work if I just use the adb.exe and fastboot file? I have these files in a folder and I am having trouble in terminal finding the path. When I got into my folder with the files I typed in fastboot oem get_identifier_token and it says command not found. Not sure what to do next. Am I typing in the commands incorrectly?

#29 RVC, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  6. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Wish I would've known that. For a MAC you will still need to get the SDK working. Windows binaries aren't compatible with Mac. Check this out to see if it helps.
    Android SDK | Android DevelopersHow-To Install Android SDK On Windows, Mac and Linux | TalkAndroid.com

7. RVC

RVC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got sdk working on my Mac but can not get the token. I saved both files in a folder and tried to get the path correct in terminal but can't figure it out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

8. macpro88

macpro88 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +83
    On Windows, when I made my own folder with the files I couln't get it to work either for some reason, so I made a whole copy of the \platform-tools\ folder and named it "rezound" and just dropped the needed files in there like the unlock.bin file as well as fastboot images. The instructions on HTC Dev seem a bit outdated, fastboot.exe is in the same folder adb.exe now.

9. mjh68

mjh68 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well tried the process for the 6th time , using the care package zip from Mr. Smith and still get the invalid token length error. Frankly , at this point I am not even sure what else to try. I will probably wait till I can get use of a 3rd computer and try that. I have tried different usb ports, I get the identifier from the phone just fine. It's just everytime I submit it to htc dev I get the same error. Only thing I can think of is, that in bootloader the date in there is oct 5 , 2011 and that they are just not letting me get the unlock code or something since its after sept 2011 ? Otherwise, I have reread the process and actually at this point have it memorized lol I can't see from my standpoint what I could possibly be doing wrong.

I could understand if I wasn't communicating with the phone or not getting the identifier, but I get it back just fine and its the same number of lines of code as the example . I appreciate all the suggestions and I have read numerous threads , but haven't heard of one person not getting the token so its frustrating .

10. macpro88

macpro88 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +83
    If ya check the other thread, I posted a pic of my HBOOT screen, with the same date, that date don't mean anything. Try contacting HTC Dev support and see what they have to say, as of right now I'm out of ideas as well and just plain lost lol

11. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Just to make sure you're copying from <<<< BEGIN to END >>>> right? If you are, paste the output into notepad. Make sure there aren't any trailing spaces or funky characters at the end of the lines. And if all else fails, contact HTC support as suggested above. Sorry to hear that you're having such a problem.

12. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    You're going to need to run command line for the rest of this. So copy that folder to somewhere easy to get to via command line. Let's say you copied it to /android. After that, pop open your command line. then "cd /android". After that put your phone into the hboot menu(as directed on HTCdev). Then on the command line run "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" . That should generate the key for you. Copy it as specified(from <<<< to >>>>>). Leave your phone in hboot while you wait for your email. copy the .bin file that you receive in your email to the /android directory. Then run the final fastboot command(which escapes me right now) and accept the on screen prompts and you're done.

Try to remember that running on a mac you're not going to use the .exe extension you would in windows, also you don't need the DLL's as you would in windows. Just adb and fastboot(and your pin after you get it)

Search tags for this page
(bootloader) err command error fastboot oem get identifier t

bootloader err command error

bootloader) [err] command error !!!
fastboot command error

fastboot oem get identifier token

fastboot oem get identifier token command error

fastboot oem get identifier token command not found
fastboot oem get identifier token not working
fastboot oem get identifier token the system cannot find the
get identifier token command error