[HOW TO] Unlock Rezound's Bootloader [HTCdev.com]

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound Development' started by macpro88, Dec 28, 2011.

1. amschmid

amschmid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm stuck on the step where you enter "fastboot oem get_identifier_token". I'm having the issue where it just says "waiting for device" and nothing happens.

I've seen other responses mention having the drivers installed. I should. I've been following directions from "The Unlocker," which sent me here to unlock the bootloader. Installing the drivers was part of the previous step detailed here: How To Set Up ADB/USB Drivers for Android Devices (Updated 12/13/11) - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr
    I had to use PDAnet to install the drivers, but I was able to get a serial number, supposedly verifying that the drivers are installed.

Other responses to this issue have also mentioned HTC Sync, but I'm confused about that. Some say it needs to be uninstalled or disabled, but the directions said it does need to be installed. I though it was part of the drivers step, so now I'm not even sure if I have it installed. I have tried this step with and without the phone set to "HTC sync" as its default for USB connection. Does it need to be installed? How do I know if it is installed?

2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    The easiest way to deal with drivers is to install HTC sync. Then when sync is installed, go to the sync icon in your system tray, right click it and choose exit. You want the phone set to charge only when you perform these operations however it doesn't matter because your phone should be in the bootloader when you do this. Not booted into Android. So make sure you power down your phone(pull the batter), put the battery back in and hold power + vol down to get into the bootloader. Then connect your phone to your PC.

3. bleigh1326

bleigh1326 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nevermind I figured it out. I found a tutorial on Youtube for it. All I had to do was type. In cd C:\Android Which brought up another line and then I had. To type in the whole get_token thingy and. It gave me my token :) Thanks for all of your help though :)

4. amschmid

amschmid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still stuck. I tried installing HTC Sync as you suggested, but I'm having the same issue. When I opened up a command prompt in the platform tools folder, I could quickly pull up the S/N with the phone booted normally (in USB debugging mode). Adirected, I then disconnected the phone, pulled and re-inserted the battery, booted into the bootloader, reconnected the phone USB, then finally selected fastboot. Once there I entered the command to get the identifier token and it just said "waiting for device" for at least 5, maybe 10, minutes. I've attached a screenshot if it will help.

What's my next step?

5. bleigh1326

bleigh1326 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay can someone please help me! I'm on the last little bit of directions on how to root my phone and i don't know what to do ! this is the entire page i've been referring to::::

<<<<First, unlock your bootloader at Welcome to HTCdev

Download this file: rhymeroot - Download - 4shared - Andrew Dos Santos
    Then unzip the file to any folder, then run the following commands:

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery htc_rhyme_vzw_unofficial_clockworkmod_recovery_v5. 0.2.8.img

adb shell mount /system
    adb push su /system/bin/su
    adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
    adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
    adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk
    Reboot to system and you should be rooted! Stock recovery is included in the zip in case something goes wrong with flashing CWM. Enjoy!>>>>

I've done everything so far but I'm stuck on the part where I'm supposed to "run the following commands". I have ran the ones that would let me the second one it told me to run opened up a page where i was supposed to burn it to a disk...? the others can't open so they take me to a page where i have to choose a file to open it with and i used B1 Free Archiver which is what was suggested for me to use while opening to file with everything in it. I can't find the adb files. I do have a filed named superuser and one that says su but they don't just 'run'. Can someone help me as to how I'm supposed to run these files ?? Please!

6. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Did you stop/uninstall/turn off HTC Sync on your PC?

7. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Did you do the first step to unlock the bootloader? If so unless you have an HTC rhyme I'd ignore the rest and try the guide in my sig for rooting.

8. amschmid

amschmid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. As suggested, I installed HTC Sync for the drivers, but then closed it from the task bar.

9. bleigh1326

bleigh1326 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did unlock bootloader but I also have an HTC Rhyme haha so what should I do??

10. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Ok, just trying to be thorough. Check your process list(right click the task bar and start task manager), look for htcsync. Make sure it's dead.

11. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    PM Me, I don't want to get this info mixed up with Rezound unlocking/rooting.

12. amschmid

amschmid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand being thorough. I checked the process list and it wasn't there. Just for the heck of it, I uninstalled HTC Sync. I did the serial number test again and it still passed, but I still get the "waiting for device" message when I put in bootloader and try to get the identifier token.

Search tags for this page
how to unlock bootloader htc rezound

how to unlock htc rezound

how to unlock htc rezound bootloader
htc rezound bootloader
htc rezound drivers
unlock bootloader htc rezound
unlock bootloader rezound
unlock htc rezound
unlock htc rezound bootloader
unlock rezound bootloader